Author Topic: Anyone else just cant wait for the season to start?  (Read 3846 times)

Re: Anyone else just cant wait for the season to start?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I can't freaking wait!

I personally don't care about the outcome of this season I just want everyone to stay relatively healthy all year. but man it's hard to stay focused on just that, i'd love to see brown, tatum or both take a monster leap this year.

also when does training camp start? I know espn was having LeBron on some show because they said "training camp is right around the corner", but didn't say when.

I personally care way too much about the outcome of this season.  Would love to see Banner 18 hanging in the rafters.  I think we have a real shot.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I feel like we will witness a historical year, even by our standards.
I am preparing not to be too homerish about us on my pod, but I feel like I won't succeed.
We are 12 deep, we have the best coach and all of the guys are hard working team players.

65-17, banner 18 is our floor :)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 10:53:58 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I can't freaking wait!

I personally don't care about the outcome of this season I just want everyone to stay relatively healthy all year. but man it's hard to stay focused on just that, i'd love to see brown, tatum or both take a monster leap this year.

also when does training camp start? I know espn was having LeBron on some show because they said "training camp is right around the corner", but didn't say when.

I personally care way too much about the outcome of this season.  Would love to see Banner 18 hanging in the rafters.  I think we have a real shot.

I feel good about this team but in reality this team is still relying on some young guys who I suspect aren't quite ready mentally. hopefully the mix of our veterans and those kids are enough.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I can't freaking wait!

I feel good about this team but in reality this team is still relying on some young guys who I suspect aren't quite ready mentally. hopefully the mix of our veterans and those kids are enough.

Understandable. At the same time, the kids who got within a game of the Finals are a little tougher, and we are adding a solid vet (Hayward) and a guy who’s already proven he can take the biggest shots in the Finals (Irving). Good storyline here - are they ready? They’ve at least got a good shot!

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I can't freaking wait!

Understandable. At the same time, the kids who got within a game of the Finals are a little tougher, and we are adding a solid vet (Hayward) and a guy who’s already proven he can take the biggest shots in the Finals (Irving). Good storyline here - are they ready? They’ve at least got a good shot!
I think Brown and Tatum are pretty special mentally, plus there a plenty of veterans who will take on a lot of the leadership responsibility.  I'd usually be worried about something like this, but not really with those two.  Some of the other guys could be affected I guess.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 05:56:48 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
I don't particularly agree with brown saying a loss to the cavs last season means they're close or whatever he said. that's where I think he might not be ready mentally... it was a dumb thing to say because that will be with him all year and people will just keep throwing it in his face.

a veteran in his position would've gave some vanilla answer with nothing to feed the media.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I just read this on:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-19-nba-playoff-projections-lebron-gets-lakers-top-three-seed-in-west-raptors-fend-off-celtics-to-top-east/

"Celtics: Adding Gordon Hayward helps depth, but doesn't really make a huge impact because it results in fewer minutes/touches for Jayson Tatum."

That is just not smart. I can't wait for the season to start!

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I just read this on:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-19-nba-playoff-projections-lebron-gets-lakers-top-three-seed-in-west-raptors-fend-off-celtics-to-top-east/

"Celtics: Adding Gordon Hayward helps depth, but doesn't really make a huge impact because it results in fewer minutes/touches for Jayson Tatum."

That is just not smart. I can't wait for the season to start!
Wow! Yeah, adding a guy who was an All-Star when he was last healthy never has any impact now does it?

I'm desperately waiting for the season to begin
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
preseason counts right? begins in September which is this month  :D

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 08:36:58 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I can hardly wait! This team is going to be special and do some things the league has never seen. The three point shooting and ball movement is going to be something to behold. For some reason I feel that this season will have something very, very special to it beyond whatever happens in the Finals. I'm not sure what it will be although I kind of feel it may be more three pointers made then any team in history in a single game. Also think we have three winning streaks of at least 12 games each.

Beyond this I feel this team can and will beat the Warriors in the Finals.

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2018, 08:40:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I can hardly wait! This team is going to be special and do some things the league has never seen. The three point shooting and ball movement is going to be something to behold. For some reason I feel that this season will have something very, very special to it beyond whatever happens in the Finals. I'm not sure what it will be although I kind of feel it may be more three pointers made then any team in history in a single game. Also think we have three winning streaks of at least 12 games each.

Beyond this I feel this team can and will beat the Warriors in the Finals.
Agree wholeheartedly! The excitement is killing me ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cODv_ee2VzI

Most amazing thing about this game is that Nader was a part of starting the comeback.  Then Irving, Rozier, Morris, Tatum, Horford, .... and Marcus!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2018, 11:04:16 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
I prefer everyone picking other teams over us in the east.

I think our biggest hurdle this season is maximizing tatum's potential while he and hayward are on the court at the same time.

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2018, 11:07:07 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cODv_ee2VzI

In case you forgot how good playoff Rozier was.  And Horford, Morris, Brown and Tatum.

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2018, 11:07:30 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Dbl. post, sorry.