Author Topic: Report: Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix  (Read 5484 times)

Re: Report: Devin Booker wants out of Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I mean Davis had a season where he averaged 20.6 p, 4.9 r, 5.5 a and added 1.6 steals (shooting 36% from 3). 

On a team that won a grand total of 17 games. Empty stats no matter how you skin the cat (even the worst teams are going to have players that fill up the box score, after all) even if he was a fun player to watch.
You mean like Chicago being terrible with LaVine.  Davis also had a similar season which he split between 33 win Boston and 33 win Minnesota.

I can see the merit in a comparison between LaVine and Davis, but mostly I'm just here to enjoy the conceit of "the underrated Ricky Davis".  It's very 2020.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2020, 03:46:34 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
So everyone seems to agree.  Booker and Tatum are both good.  I just don't see how a trade to the Celtics would make sense.  I certainly would not give up both Brown and Smart.  Even if it was say Brown and a couple of picks, does that that really change the team enough to make it worth it?  Doesn't seem it to me.

Now if there was something where it was Hayward and picks or non-core players, sure but Phoenix can do better than that if they wanted to trade Booker.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 04:13:16 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
So everyone seems to agree.  Booker and Tatum are both good.  I just don't see how a trade to the Celtics would make sense.  I certainly would not give up both Brown and Smart.  Even if it was say Brown and a couple of picks, does that that really change the team enough to make it worth it?  Doesn't seem it to me.

Now if there was something where it was Hayward and picks or non-core players, sure but Phoenix can do better than that if they wanted to trade Booker.

Other than Booker being just a much better player currently ( and I adore Jaylen) it’s that both Booker and Tatum are unstoppable and Booker isn’t a selfish player. He can create and Tatum is just getting started. I don’t think Booker has even peaked.
  The chance at building around those two guys would just make Danny’s job a lot easier. With those two a third star would probably follow.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I may sound like a homer, but I wouldn't give up Brown and I don't think Hayward would garner much interest.

If there was any way to do something like Kemba/Smart/14 for Booker/Rubio (trying to make contracts work), then I would would pursue that; but Kemba's stock seems to be down, so I don't imagine that really gets us close. Of course we have other picks and Romeo/TL, as well.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I mean Davis had a season where he averaged 20.6 p, 4.9 r, 5.5 a and added 1.6 steals (shooting 36% from 3). 

On a team that won a grand total of 17 games. Empty stats no matter how you skin the cat (even the worst teams are going to have players that fill up the box score, after all) even if he was a fun player to watch.
You mean like Chicago being terrible with LaVine.  Davis also had a similar season which he split between 33 win Boston and 33 win Minnesota.

I can see the merit in a comparison between LaVine and Davis, but mostly I'm just here to enjoy the conceit of "the underrated Ricky Davis".  It's very 2020.
Never thought I’d see the day someone tried to pump up Ricky Davis
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2020, 05:52:58 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Also..

Tony "Tiger" Allen

reminds  me of my man..

and cant forget

Eddie "Crib" House

PERK!!

AL Jefferson..

Big Baby Davis

And my Boy....

Wally Serbriak

sure had fun watching this team thru the years...

*sippin*