Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) vs Heat (0-0) LV Summer League Game #1 7/8/23  (Read 7712 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) vs Heat (0-0) LV Summer League Game #1 7/8/23
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2023, 08:04:56 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Just finished Watching the tape

Saw Walsh a few times with Arkansas....he's always around the ball on defense
Scrubb will never lead  the league in assists...what  hog!
Never liked JD's game....dribble, dribble, dribble..opps...8 seconds on shot clock

Not unusual for a young PG.  Some grow out of it, some don't, but either way I wouldn't throw him out over it just yet.  He makes an effort to set guys up, which doesn't always go according to plan at this point in his career but I like the mindset. 

He's raw, we knew that already.  Got him with a late second for a reason.  But if he puts it together, he has athleticism and natural court vision that you can dream on. 

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2023, 08:12:14 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I thought we had something in Azubuike. Apparently not.

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2023, 08:19:00 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Keeping no one from this summer league team but Walsh. Send Davison to Maine and get rid of the rest of them.

One of the things I'm seeing from you is that you form opinions quickly on players.
He's the self-titled "Master of Panic"

Darn right!

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2023, 09:08:41 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, most of these guys (on the Celtics SL roster) are competing for a 2-way slot or trying to showcase to other teams.  Walsh is one exception.  He was offered and accepted a contract.  He is booked and will be on the roster for for at least 2 years, unless traded or waived.  Banton, may play in the SL but in any case, he is also guaranteed for 2 seasons.  These guys are no longer "trying out".  They are signed.  Champagnie is signed but non-guaranteed.  In many ways, he is no different than the FAs just trying to showcase.

Davison is a little different.  He has a 2-way QO from the Celtics but I think if another team offers him a regular contract, we can match.  I don't expect any other team will offer him a full contract so most likely, he ends up on a 2-way for another season.  But if he plays well enough, who knows, he is officially a FA, he has not signed a contract.  So he is very much in "try out" mode, or should be.

I think from the Celtics point of view, there is not anyone in the summer league, our roster or otherwise, that we are going to sign to a regular contract.  Maybe some camp contracts (I forget the official name for these) but most likely, the Celtics will be taking on 1 or 2 more players for 2-way contracts.  I think they can offer these to any eligible players on any SL roster (or players not on SL rosters), but it seems as though they are going to get the best look at the players on their SL roster.

It is fun to watch these players, especially the ones who have not been on the Celtics, but all the ones that likely matter, have already had their contracts resolved, or in the case of Davison, is pending.  All that is left is to see if there is 1 or 2 2-way player to pick up.