Author Topic: With the draft approaching, what are your thoughts?  (Read 10312 times)

Re: With the draft approaching, what are your thoughts?
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2019, 01:14:06 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Im all in on Bol Bol. He is going to be one of those guys everyone was wrong about.

The fact that Bol Bol weighs as much as I do (I am 6'0'') slightly worries me!
Kareem Abdul Jabbar played his entire career at 7'2" 225-230 pounds. If Bol can add another 20 pounds of muscle and retain it during the season, he will be fine. I am more worried about long term wear and tear on his knees and ankles and his motor than I am his weight and being moved around. His length and height will still be able to overcome his lack of weight but does he have the motor to make it in the NBA. He would be a solid pick with any of the Celtics picks. His upside is outrageous if he develops and brings it nightly. Sadly, a huge bust potential as well.
Someone should teach Bol the sky-hook
Or even a jump hook from within 10 feet or so. Who the heck will ever be able to defend that shot?

This picture is quite ridiculous. Kareem looks small
That's my man Tacko Fall though, future steal of the 2019 NBA draft lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Im all in on Bol Bol. He is going to be one of those guys everyone was wrong about.

The fact that Bol Bol weighs as much as I do (I am 6'0'') slightly worries me!
Kareem Abdul Jabbar played his entire career at 7'2" 225-230 pounds. If Bol can add another 20 pounds of muscle and retain it during the season, he will be fine. I am more worried about long term wear and tear on his knees and ankles and his motor than I am his weight and being moved around. His length and height will still be able to overcome his lack of weight but does he have the motor to make it in the NBA. He would be a solid pick with any of the Celtics picks. His upside is outrageous if he develops and brings it nightly. Sadly, a huge bust potential as well.
Someone should teach Bol the sky-hook
Or even a jump hook from within 10 feet or so. Who the heck will ever be able to defend that shot?

This picture is quite ridiculous. Kareem looks small
That's my man Tacko Fall though, future steal of the 2019 NBA draft lol.

I definitely think Taco is a player in the NBA. If he can develop a free throw and a 15 footer he's a 12 year player in the NBA.

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2019, 02:20:04 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
A lot of mock drafts I've seen have the Celts drafting Bol Bol at 20 or 22... It's going to be a fun night here.

Personally I don't care who they draft. Literally no one can predict who's going to be good NBA players after the first 10 picks or so.

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm unsure at 14, but I want Bol Bol at 20!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2019, 02:36:08 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Hmmm..GSW will consider sign and trade for Durant now. Too bad Kyrie and Horford did not want to stay, we would have had our opening for a serious super team in one year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-warriors-considering-possible-kevin-durant-signandtrade-scenario-163738520.html

Who are you picking tonight, if you are the Celtics?
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
If somebody had a gun to your head, and said that the whole universe would implode on itself if you ended up choosing a bust, who would you go with?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2019, 02:41:11 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Hmmm..GSW will consider sign and trade for Durant now. Too bad Kyrie and Horford did not want to stay, we would have had our opening for a serious super team in one year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-warriors-considering-possible-kevin-durant-signandtrade-scenario-163738520.html

Windhorst actually said that GS was considering signing Durant to the full 5/200 extension and then trading him after he’s done rehabbing, so that it could benefit both teams. Doesn’t sound like a S&T as we might imagine.

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2019, 02:59:25 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
GSW's luxury tax if they sign both Durant and Klay would dwarf anything any team has paid before.

Re: Who are you picking tonight, if you are the Celtics?
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2019, 03:39:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If somebody had a gun to your head, and said that the whole universe would implode on itself if you ended up choosing a bust, who would you go with?

Zion.

Re: Who are you picking tonight, if you are the Celtics?
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2019, 03:46:32 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Wouldn’t the imploding universe sort of negate the need for a gun?