Author Topic: My next season prediction...Matrix in green  (Read 2420 times)

My next season prediction...Matrix in green
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:42:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thats right you've heard it hear folks...I think the trade of Shawn Marion means that he will hit the free agent market at the end of next season. He might be able to get more money somewhere else but the Raptors won't be able to give him more than the MLE...So if the Matrix is choosing between the celtics and the raptors why wouldnt he pick the c's?? What a great 6th man he could be on this team... He isnt the 7 footer we need but he is that high energy scorer/defender swing guy who would be perfect for what we need off the bench... Marion for the MLE, sign me up.

Re: My next season prediction...Matrix in green
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:51:31 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
If Marion was whining about not being the man on the starting unit of the SUNS, why would he come and be the backup on the C's?! In addition, where do you think they are going to get the money to pay the guy? I am all for looking at free agent possibilities, but if there is absolutely no way that it is even possible why start a thread on it?!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Too bad he hates us. There was a story going around right before KG and Allen got traded here that he would never play for us. That might change now, though.

I wouldn't want him on our team anyway. I think he's a cancer who only cares about statistics.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 12:01:47 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
No, I don't think so.  I think he stays with Toronto.  Colangelo is recreating a Suns-like team, IMHO.
(Besides, Cs dont have enough money to sign him).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
If Marion is humbled or gets a reality check  by his being traded multiple times and not fitting in, he might come here for the midlevel. I think he goes to New York or LA first. He is still delusional about his value and perceived role on an NBA team. He is treading water now just to prove he is in control, hence very little effort for the Heat or they would have kept him. He will look round in a year or two and be out of basketball or playing for the minimum and not understand why. Just a knucklehead IMO.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Marion thinks he's a star who's worth more money than the Celts can pay him.  Also he doesn't want to be a team's 4th offensive option.  If he tolerates living in Candada Toronto seems like the perfect team for him.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

i like Marion, but the last thing we need is another guy over 30 w/ a big contract!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 10:14:29 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Marion would fit in here like Steve Urkel at a caviar party....

and yes I just made a family matters reference
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 10:39:11 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Marion would fit in here like Steve Urkel at a caviar party....

and yes I just made a family matters reference

"Oh my these are actually very good....my what could they be?"

"Fish eggs oh my goooooood! Howdy Ho, vomit!"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Thats right you've heard it hear folks...I think the trade of Shawn Marion means that he will hit the free agent market at the end of next season. He might be able to get more money somewhere else but the Raptors won't be able to give him more than the MLE...

Not true.  With the trade, Toronto also acquires his Bird Rights.  That means they can go above and beyond the salary cap to resign their own free agent.  Even though they only picked him up recently in a trade, he's still considered their free agent because his contract was 3+ years in length.  Hence if Toronto wants him, they can offer him a max deal regardless of the cap.

Now whether or not they will, is an entirely different matter.  I'm guessing no, not at all.  But they do have the option if they so desire.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Thats right you've heard it hear folks...I think the trade of Shawn Marion means that he will hit the free agent market at the end of next season. He might be able to get more money somewhere else but the Raptors won't be able to give him more than the MLE...

Not true.  With the trade, Toronto also acquires his Bird Rights.  That means they can go above and beyond the salary cap to resign their own free agent.  Even though they only picked him up recently in a trade, he's still considered their free agent because his contract was 3+ years in length.  Hence if Toronto wants him, they can offer him a max deal regardless of the cap.

Now whether or not they will, is an entirely different matter.  I'm guessing no, not at all.  But they do have the option if they so desire.

Exactly.  Marion's staying in Toronto, and as someone said above, he thinks he should be the man.  That not only means he's not coming here, it also means we shouldn't want him here, as the success of this team is predicated on team work. 

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Marion's about the $$$. 

He's not coming to Boston.  He has the ego to be "The Man" and wants the money.  Therefore, there is no Boston Celtics in his future.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 09:12:49 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Thats right you've heard it hear folks...I think the trade of Shawn Marion means that he will hit the free agent market at the end of next season. He might be able to get more money somewhere else but the Raptors won't be able to give him more than the MLE...So if the Matrix is choosing between the celtics and the raptors why wouldnt he pick the c's?? What a great 6th man he could be on this team... He isnt the 7 footer we need but he is that high energy scorer/defender swing guy who would be perfect for what we need off the bench... Marion for the MLE, sign me up.

Why do you assume hes choosing between the celtics and the raptors?? 6th man? thats the last thing he wants. And where are we getting the money from? This will never, ever happen. Oh and by the way he hates Boston. Nice try though.