Author Topic: Rondo the next Jason Kidd?  (Read 4620 times)

Re: Rondo the next Jason Kidd?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Heck, he alredy has something Kidd never will...a RING!

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Kidd was bloody spectacular in his day.  He is literally the only player I ever made a point of watching while he was in college (which wasn't easy because he was on the west coast and there was no DVR back then).  The man had it all, age and injuries have caught up with him, but wow he could play.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 08:22:16 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Kidd and Kenyon Martin was just an absolute joy to watch, so entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xoDBiEHeY

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
if Rondo played 38+ minutes per game he would have way more triple doubles and people would look at him as a better player, we would also win more games because he would be running the 2nd unit as well with Eddie off the ball.

Good point.  TP.  If there's anyone on this team who Doc shouldn't be shying away from playing 40 mpg, it's Rondo. 

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
if Rondo played 38+ minutes per game he would have way more triple doubles and people would look at him as a better player, we would also win more games because he would be running the 2nd unit as well with Eddie off the ball.

Good point.  TP.  If there's anyone on this team who Doc shouldn't be shying away from playing 40 mpg, it's Rondo. 
Yes and no. Rondo's greatest assets are his energy and quickness. If he is gassed I don't think he's nearly as effective.

He could probably play more minutes, but honestly I don't think anyone on our team should be playing 40+ minutes in the regular season when we're healthy.

As for the more triple doubles, who cares! I'm in a quoting mood tonight, so if you don't value my opinion how about Red's

“Individual honors are nice, but no Celtic has ever gone out of his way to achieve them,” he said. “We have never had the league’s top scorer. In fact, we won seven league championships without placing even one among the league’s top 10 scorers. Our pride was never rooted in statistics.”

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 01:58:01 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
If the Celtics repeat, I've got Rondo as the Finals MVP. I'm calling that now, so feel free to book mark this page.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 02:07:13 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Yes and no. Rondo's greatest assets are his energy and quickness. If he is gassed I don't think he's nearly as effective.

He could probably play more minutes, but honestly I don't think anyone on our team should be playing 40+ minutes in the regular season when we're healthy.

As for the more triple doubles, who cares! I'm in a quoting mood tonight, so if you don't value my opinion how about Red's

“Individual honors are nice, but no Celtic has ever gone out of his way to achieve them,” he said. “We have never had the league’s top scorer. In fact, we won seven league championships without placing even one among the league’s top 10 scorers. Our pride was never rooted in statistics.”

Also Rondo is expected to play high energy defense which will often contribute to him getting more fouls called on him in which case he needs to sit. Not to mention the fatigue that sets in playing the kind of defense he plays