Author Topic: Marbury leads team to Title  (Read 4234 times)

Marbury leads team to Title
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
http://www.slamonline.com/online/news-rumors/top-news/2012/03/stephon-marbury-leads-beijing-ducks-to-chinese-league-title/

Gotta feel good for the guy, hes thriving overseas and obviously still has game. Pretty sure he would be better then Dooling, doubt he would come back to the NBA though, says he doesent want to play here.

41 points in the deciding game?! Comeon man, get back to the NBA
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:16:43 PM by thestackshow »
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

Re: Marbury leads team to Title
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That's nothin...I hear Jose Canseco hit 30 home runs in a little league game last week. Granted he was caught juicing the next day, but big deal

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Dogs and cats, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Is that the same chinese league that Yao use to play for?  Yao played for the Shanghai sharks or something...

Maybe I'm delusional, but I specifically remember prior to Yao joining the NBA they were talking about how different the league was.  Basically because they were all communist everyone was supposed to take the same amount of shots and no individual player could have glory.  There was no dunking.  They all lived in like a barracks.  This is like 10 years ago when I read the article, but I definitely remember certain aspects.  We weren't supposed to read into Yao's mediocre stats too much, because it wasn't actually possible to put up big numbers in Chinese basketball.

Maybe nobody told Marbury this.  

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 05:48:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Is that the same chinese league that Yao use to play for?  Yao played for the Shanghai sharks or something...

Maybe I'm delusional, but I specifically remember prior to Yao joining the NBA they were talking about how different the league was.  Basically because they were all communist everyone was supposed to take the same amount of shots and no individual player could have glory.  There was no dunking.  They all lived in like a barracks.  This is like 10 years ago when I read the article, but I definitely remember certain aspects.  We weren't supposed to read into Yao's mediocre stats too much, because it wasn't actually possible to put up big numbers in Chinese basketball.

Maybe nobody told Marbury this. 

Yeah, I can't speak for the article but none of that is true now at least (I read a lot of chinese league stuff over the summer). Basically what I got from players over there is: They're wicked strict about punctuality and attitude, basketball quality is weaker, china is weird, and the food is terrible.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196