Author Topic: Charles Barkley's inappropriate answer on 'Family Feud' shocks teammates  (Read 4117 times)

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Yeah. I can imagine my not at all PC grandfather thinking that was a pretty weird answer.

I am VERY PC, and I thought it was funny.  The question was "broken zipper" and discreetly having your child walk ahead of you block view doesn't sound far-fetched to me.   I thought the reactions were very funny.

Same.

I may have given the wrong or even opposite impression, but same here.  My first reaction was why is this a thread.  Then I tried to respond more politely than just saying: "why is this a thread?", but got it wrong about them making fun of PC culture....no one was making fun of anything except having fun giving it to Charles...

I did find less humor in Chuck's answer than the contestants on the show, however.  Mostly because I thought it was a danged good, very practical answer.  To me the funniest part was how original his answer was...while the other contestants were laughing more because it was somehow thought to be a semi-naughty answer or something. And I guess it's funny (combined with who it's coming from) that he said "child' instead of "person" or "friend" or "wife" or "human" or something. I mean if you need a quick visual block to some part of you then just grab a child who's probably as lightweight as a book in the pew (kind of slapstick angle or something). 

So while I liked Chuck's answer and it was a fun time had by all...the thing being laughed at I would have laughed at for different reasons than what it seemed was funny to everyone around Chuck......

If the point of this thread was just to share this funny scene with fellow bloggers I'd have used a different thread title..