Author Topic: New video documenting IT's hip resurfacing surgery. Should we sign him?  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Psoas The Great

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
IT dropped a new video documenting the last few months of before and after having hip resurfacing surgery (the same hip surgery Andy Murray had). Its interesting hearing the severity of his hip injury while he played for CLE, DEN, and WAS. He and his doctor make it sound like he could be closer to his old self.  I'm not sold that he will ever have the same explosion as he did before the injury but I do think he could still be an effective scorer off the bench in the league

I think we should kick the tires on IT during this free agency, we def need bench scoring and he could take Wanamaker's spot while providing leadership and mentorship to the young guys. His mindset also seems to be extremely humble, he's saying all the right things in the video in regards to playing any role asked of him on a future team. I'll obviously be rooting for him wherever he goes, but I could see a spot for him again here if he looks better than he did in Washington. I'm intrigued.

https://youtu.be/FBm6TFnWKR0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:43:09 PM by Psoas The Great »

Re: New video documenting IT's hip resurfacing surgery. Should we sign him?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 03:53:23 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
could've used him in this playoffs i think
too bad

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
TP

Inspiring.

Sure hope someone picks up IT. He has put so much work in to get better. 

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd live to have IT come off the bench. U was hoping DA would get him for this playoff run. He could easily get 12 to 15 a game and can play with the starters easily. You add him and a bench wing and a bigger center the C's would be dangerous. Going to take a trade or two, but I don't think teams are going to spend with the short two seasons. Going to be a lot of small contracts and one year deals. Teams may be looking for rookie contracts to fill spots and we have those. DA said they'd go into the luxury tax this year to compete, some teams may not be willing. So good for us.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd love to have him back on the C's if he's anywhere to 60-70% of what he was in his earlier stint here.    Certainly at the right cost.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I would welcome him back with open arms. He would be an awesome bench player for us. Bring him back home and lets win a few titles together.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 07:15:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’d sign him in a second. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 12:27:06 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
If he’s somewhat back, then yes! Clearly his all star days are behind him but we don’t need an all star. We need a reliable scorer off the bench. He doesn’t need to score on the Marcus Smarts of this world. He needs to score on Wanamakers. It sounds doable!

- LilRip

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 07:18:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He’d at worst be better than Edwards and Waters. If he’s even somewhat back he’d supplant Wanamaker and be a real 6th man beast
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 07:46:06 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
We’ll never see this from him again on a nightly but he might look good as a 6th man.

https://youtu.be/PzPeTfIWz1I

- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 08:17:14 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I love thinking back on that 2016/17 season (yes, it was that long ago).  He averaged 28.9 points on only 19.4 shots per game and 33.8 minutes.  That is incredible efficiency at an extremely high volume.  Add in nearly 6 assists and that is up there with the best individual offensive seasons I can think of in the last 10 or 20 years.  For the 60th pick in the draft no less.  And his team won (these were not garbage time stats).

Hope nothing but the best for IT and really hope he has a couple more seasons in him for someone.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:38:05 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 08:30:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I almost wish Wyc would get involved here.  Tell Danny that 14 roster spots are his, the last one is for ownership and the fans.

Bring back The Little Guy.  It would completely reset the karma from the Kyrie era.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 08:40:30 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I almost wish Wyc would get involved here.  Tell Danny that 14 roster spots are his, the last one is for ownership and the fans.

Bring back The Little Guy.  It would completely reset the karma from the Kyrie era.

I don't think the question is as much of whether the Celtics would want him back but is there a better situation for him out there that he would prefer.  That is why I think it is a long shot for him to come back.  But in principle, I agree with you 100%.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 08:46:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I don't think the question is as much of whether the Celtics would want him back but is there a better situation for him out there that he would prefer.  That is why I think it is a long shot for him to come back.

I hope you're right, and that IT4 has plenty of options to consider.  The NBA is a better league with him in it.

I was surprised that the Clippers immediately cut him last season, and that nobody else picked him up.  He had a decent first half.

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 10:13:53 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'd take a reviving IT4 than Carsen Edwards, Brad Wanamaker, or Semi Ojeleye any time.

Good to see Thomas doing well

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)