Author Topic: Hornets (24-25) at Celtics (31-19) Game #51 1/30/19  (Read 21241 times)

Re: Hornets (24-25) at Celtics (31-19) Game #51 1/30/19
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2019, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Next week would really be interesting as it could determine the future of this Celtics team.

If AD is not traded next week, it's a sure thing AD's coming to Boston in the summer.

Man this is so NOT a sure thing.

« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2019, 09:48:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
10 assists for Rozier - credit where credit is due. He definitely has better decision making when he is starting.

True.

That's why Ainge has a decision to make next week.

Given the AD news, I don't see Rozier going anywhere, as he's still a sign-and-trade possibility this summer, which could be a major part of getting AD.
Actually due to Base Year Compensation it's extremely unlikely Rozier is included in any AD deal.

What is Base Year Compensation?
If a player is going to sign a contract that is more than 20% of what they made the year before or if half of their first year salary is greater than the salary they made before then if they are signed and traded by a team over the cap then the the incoming salary for checking salary to match is their new salary but the outgoing salary is equal to to half of their new salary.

Example trade AD for Tatum, Rozier s&t at $14 million, Yabu and Williams

Pelicans trade Davis at $27.1 million so that is the Pelicans outgoing salary. That means they have to receive in salary from the Celtics a minimum salary of $21.6 million or a Max of $34 million.

So you want to include Rozier as a sign n trade but he is Base Year Compensation eligible so his salary counts as 50% outgoing but 100% incoming.

So your trade is

Tatum at $7.8 million
Rozier at $14 million incoming $7million outgoing.
Williams at $2 million
Yabusele at $3 million.

So as incoming salary the C's are at $26.8 million. They need incoming salary to be within  25%+/-$100k of that number meaning Davis' $27.1 million fits. Trade okay there.

But Rozier's outgoing only counts as $7 million so Boston's total outgoing is $19.8 million. Needing to take on salary that is at most 25% +/- $100k means Boston can take on a max salary of $24.8 million making Davis' $27.1 million way to much so trade not okay here. Trade fails.

If a third team gets involved it might get easier.

« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2019, 09:49:04 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
a nice thorough buttkicking tonight.  a truly glorious game to behold

Blowouts are like soaking in the hot tub......
they're even better.  I can't stay in a hot tub for over 2 hours.  I can enjoy a buttkicking game that long   ;D

True! ;D

we need a hot tub game at least once a week!

« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2019, 09:50:22 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Next week would really be interesting as it could determine the future of this Celtics team.

If AD is not traded next week, it's a sure thing AD's coming to Boston in the summer.

But if AD gets traded next week, what now?

Lakers package will still be there in the summer. Pelicans' Dell Demps can be silly and take their package over the Celtics' package.

And maybe Hart, Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram start to suddenly play lights out in the post-ASG that could deter the Celtics from landing AD in the summer.

I do not want Davis here if he doesn't want to be a Celtic.
We trade all these homegrown, very good players and he leaves after one year - forget it.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2019, 09:51:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Lakers package will still be there in the summer. Pelicans' Dell Demps can be silly and take their package over the Celtics' package.

And maybe Hart, Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram start to suddenly play lights out in the post-ASG that could deter the Celtics from landing AD in the summer.

We trade all these homegrown, very good players and he leaves after one year - forget it.

me too.  If AD wants to go to LA, go to LA.  Keep our team together.

« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
what game was it this year we won by 50 something? i cannot remember. portland?
Hey, where is ooooooooooooooooooooooo?

as requested!

TP #2

« Reply #381 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Something to think about. If Indy loses tonight(they are down over 20 right now) and tomorrow in Orlando, Philly loses at GSW tomorrow, Toronto beats Milwaukee at home tomorrow and Boston wins in NY, the by Friday night the C's would be tied with Philly in 3rd, 4.5 games behind Toronto.

« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
a nice thorough buttkicking tonight.  a truly glorious game to behold

Blowouts are like soaking in the hot tub......
they're even better.  I can't stay in a hot tub for over 2 hours.  I can enjoy a buttkicking game that long   ;D

True! ;D

we need a hot tub game at least once a week!

The Patriots need a hot tub game this Sunday no doubt about it.  ;)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:23 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

It's dangerous to draw that line in the sand though.

Paul George didn't want to be in OKC until he did.  Demar Derozan, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, etc were destined to go back to LA until they didn't.  Paul Pierce was a Laker to the core until he was a Celtics legend. 

LA is an attractive destination for a lot of these players, but it's not the only attractive destination.  If the price is tolerable, you take the chance that AD comes here and realizes that IMO.

Having said that, I think we have a good thing here even without him, and I'm not willing to throw everything at NOP to get him. 

« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2019, 09:56:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Torn on this. I love AD...but he gets injured a lot and if his mind is made up about going to LA it would be too much to rent him. I mean Leonard is not staying in Toronto.

I would to give up Brown and Tatum for a one year offing. Now if he stays then yes..make the deal.

« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Man this is so NOT a sure thing.

not by a long shot ... i can live without him ....it would kill me to see him with Lebron on lakers .

« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Something to think about. If Indy loses tonight(they are down over 20 right now) and tomorrow in Orlando, Philly loses at GSW tomorrow, Toronto beats Milwaukee at home tomorrow and Boston wins in NY, the by Friday night the C's would be tied with Philly in 3rd, 4.5 games behind Toronto.

I think Boston getting to the 3 seed is crucial. You avoid Philly in round one, you then get the 2 seed in round 2...and honestly...I think that will be the Bucks.

But Philly or Boston is going to finish 3/4. Pacers will be lucky to stay top 6.

« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Fantastic team win and great individual games by a number of guys we all want to see do well! That GSW loss hurt, but this team has been on a roll lately - hopefully we can keep it up!  ;D

« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2019, 10:03:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Knew Jaylen and Jayson would be huge tonight. The Hornets wings suck defensively.

« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2019, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Man...Wish they would have gotten that GS win.