Author Topic: Sports Police Blotter  (Read 5068 times)

Sports Police Blotter
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
A thread aimed at dealing with the trials and tribulations related to law enforcement and those associated with sports who run afoul of the established laws of the land.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Re: Sports Police Blotter
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Dustin Pedroia's Brother Accused Of Child Molestation

WOODLAND, Calif. -- The brother of Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia faces accusations of child molestation in California, according to KCRA-TV.

Brett Pedroia, 29, turned himself in to Woodland police on Jan. 9. According to an arrest report, he's suspected of oral copulation and lewd acts with a child under 14.

Brett Pedroia was booked and later released on $50,000 bail. He was working in his family's tire store Saturday, but he said he had no comment.

One has to think this will come up in opposing ball parks every time Dustin steps to the plate.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Dustin Pedroia's Brother Accused Of Child Molestation

WOODLAND, Calif. -- The brother of Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia faces accusations of child molestation in California, according to KCRA-TV.

Brett Pedroia, 29, turned himself in to Woodland police on Jan. 9. According to an arrest report, he's suspected of oral copulation and lewd acts with a child under 14.

Brett Pedroia was booked and later released on $50,000 bail. He was working in his family's tire store Saturday, but he said he had no comment.

One has to think this will come up in opposing ball parks every time Dustin steps to the plate.

Probably not. At least I hope not. This isn't something that's going to be huge news, because it's not him, it's his brother. Plus, even if it were big news, that would be over the line, and something I don't think fans would do. I mean, whether the opposing fans like the Red Sox and Pedroia or not, I doubt they'd make fun of him for having an alleged child molesting brother.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Jason Caffey arrested for failing to pay thousands in back child support.  Link.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I really still can't get over the whole Pacman Jones saga.  It just blows my mind how a football player with so much talent can just waste it all.
UBUNTU

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:04:08 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Read this today, former NBAer Pooh Richardson is being is the subject of a federal probe.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090512_Ex-hoops_star_is_target_of_federal_probe.html

Ex-hoops star is target of federal probe
By George Anastasia and John Shiffman

Inquirer Staff Writers

Former NBA point guard Jerome "Pooh" Richardson, a Philadelphia high school standout and a star at UCLA, is now a central figure in an obstruction-of-justice investigation built around a phone call he made to a local drug kingpin warning him that he was about to be arrested.

Interesting stuff.  It's a decent length article, but sounds like some stuff straight out of a Hollywood movie. 

Here's the rundown: Richardson used to play ball with a police detective.  Richardson's half sister was a girl friend of a drug king pin with a multi-million dollar crack cocaine empire.  The detective called Richardson a few hours before the raid, then Richardson called the drug king pin alerting him that a raid was about to happen.

The detective says he just called Richardson because he was concerned for Richardson's sister but didn't tip off Richardson, but Richardson figured out what was about to happen based on the questions the detective was asking so he called the drug king pin letting him know what was about to go down.

Obvioulsy some people think that's just a lie, and the detective really was tipping off Richardson to tip off the king pin.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:24:12 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
sounds like a bad episode of Law and Order or something.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Great thread! Sad how many pages it will become though
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
Remember Corie Blount?  NBA player from '93 to '04.  Sentenced today to a year in prison for having 30 pounds of marijuana:

http://www.ohio-share.coxnewsweb.com/News-share/Local_News-share/corie-blount-going-to-prison-117408.html

“This was one incident where I made a bad decision, I just want you to know I’ll do everything possible to correct it and I’ll never to anything to put me in this situation again,” he said.

The charges carried a maximum penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

Blount said he and his friends didn’t plan to sell the drugs, but were planning a party. Hedric was skeptical.

“Cheech and Chong would have a hard time smoking that much,” he said.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
Even though this thread never caught fire, here's one to try to bring it back.

http://www.ksat.com/news/22682025/detail.html

Ex-Spur Arrested In Human Trafficking Probe
Alvin Robertson Accused Of Having Sex With Girl, 14
Eileen Gonzales, KSAT 12 News Reporter

POSTED: Friday, February 26, 2010
UPDATED: 5:57 pm CST February 26, 2010
SAN ANTONIO -- Former San Antonio Spurs guard Alvin Robertson was arrested in Arkansas by law enforcement authorities Friday in connection with a human trafficking case, according to San Antonio Sheriff's Department spokesman Ino Badillo.

Watch Eileen Gonzales' Report | View Slideshow Of Suspects

Robertson is one of six people involved in a human trafficking case that led to the charges. Police said Robertson joins the others that are already in custody.

Robertson faces charges of sexual performance by a child, trafficking of persons under 18 for prostitution and sexual assault of a child.

Robertson has had many run-ins with the law, having been in and out of jail the last 15-plus years.

"Robertson has not exemplified the players that are with the Spurs today and that have been in the past time," said Bexar County Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz.

The latest charges are the result of an investigation launched three months ago. It began with a report of a missing 14-year-old girl from San Antonio. Investigators said she was kidnapped, held against her will for two weeks and forced to work as a dancer and prostitute throughout Bexar County and Corpus Christi.

"I think they took the girl to his home," Ortiz said. "That's how he got involved."

A total of seven people involved in the case are in custody, including Robertson's girlfriend, Racquel McIntosh. She is charged with sexual performance by a child and trafficking of person under 18 for prostitution.

Murtuza Bhavnagerwala, Bezad Mehrinfar and Jack August Zimmerle are charged with sexual assault of a child.

Marquez Abdul Callaway is charged with aggravated kidnapping and Leslie Roy Campbell is charged with sexual performance by a child, trafficking of persons under 18 for prostitution, sexual assault of a child and aggravated kidnapping.

"This is one of the most horrible crimes I can think of, when you take a 14-year-old child (and) hold her against her will," Ortiz said.

Ortiz said the investigation will continue to determine if there are other victims.

The girl who was kidnapped is home, attending school and receiving counseling.

Robertson has had many run-ins with the law in the last 15-plus years: he was arrested on assault charges six times dating back to 1994.

After spending time in and out of jail, Robertson was sentenced to three years in prison in 2002 after his probation on sexual assault charges was revoked.

Robertson was the Spurs' first-round pick in 1984 and played for the Spurs from 1984 to 1989. He was a four-time NBA All Star.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765