Author Topic: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors  (Read 99065 times)

Re: Leaguewide Free Agent Rumors
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2016, 12:46:55 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If Ryan Anderson is worth $18-20 million a year, what's Kelly Olynyk worth?

I don't know, but can you imagine him discussing it with his agent? I honestly cant. Would think he's insecure enough to largely undervalue himself lol
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #376 on: July 01, 2016, 12:47:22 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
These contracts are yet another reason why Durant should consider Boston over OKC. Is OKC really going to be paying these role players this much freaking money along with multiple max deals?? Plus, our excellent, cost-controlled contracts are just so desirable and perfect for building a team right now, especially Crowder with four years at $7M or so.

Can't argue with that. Hopefully Ainge is making this point crystal clear to him and Horford tonight.

If the Celtics can get through these next two offseasons without having to sign mediocre players to huge contracts, that will be huge. 

« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2016, 12:48:55 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
These contracts are gonna destroy some team chemistries.

I was just thinking that.  With the money going up so fast, you are going to have veterans making less than half as much as lesser teammates.  That's going to ruffle some feathers regardless of the circumstances to how they got there.

When the TV money went up, they should have just given every player percentage Raises.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2016, 12:48:58 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
If Ryan Anderson is worth $18-20 million a year, what's Kelly Olynyk worth?

I don't know, but can you imagine him discussing it with his agent? I honestly cant. Would think he's insecure enough to largely undervalue himself lol
I actually laughed out loud on that one. TP. I think next year is where we'll see the Celtics team concept coming through. Olynyk, if I recall, is the first rookie that Stevens had, so maybe we see him taking a hometown discount type to stay in the only system he's ever known and that he has succeeded in, a la Crowder last year.

« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2016, 12:50:25 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
NBA TV and Billy King has nothing on The Vertical show.

« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:02 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Vertical
@TheVertical

.@WojVerticalNBA : Jazz targeting Luol Deng in free agency.
Live: yhoo.it/FreeAgency
12:49 AM - 01 Jul 2016

« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:32 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Celtics reached out to Luol Deng - Wolfson

« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
These contracts are yet another reason why Durant should consider Boston over OKC. Is OKC really going to be paying these role players this much freaking money along with multiple max deals?? Plus, our excellent, cost-controlled contracts are just so desirable and perfect for building a team right now, especially Crowder with four years at $7M or so.

Can't argue with that. Hopefully Ainge is making this point crystal clear to him and Horford tonight.

If the Celtics can get through these next two offseasons without having to sign mediocre players to huge contracts, that will be huge.

Exactly. TP

« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2016, 12:53:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Aren't contracts, by definition, 'cost-controlled'? 

« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2016, 12:53:26 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Exactly. TP
  Huge annual deals are fine just not long term

« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2016, 12:57:57 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Exactly. TP

Their depth and having a couple of stashed players joining the team a year from now should help them avoid some of these silly contracts.  Nice planning by Danny.

« Reply #386 on: July 01, 2016, 12:58:38 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Courtney Lee the number one target for New York after Noah. - Vertical

A Rose, Lee, Anthony, Porzingis, Noah lineup is interesting. That's probably a lower-seed playoff team in the East.

« Reply #387 on: July 01, 2016, 12:59:07 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
With these big long term deals being handed out for these guys like Mozgov and Noah, I doubt Dwight takes much of a paycut or short deal.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #388 on: July 01, 2016, 01:04:38 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
sully is about to get a fat check.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #389 on: July 01, 2016, 01:04:52 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Parsons offer from Blazers is 4/$96M deal