Author Topic: Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season  (Read 2613 times)

Re: Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Been saying since last season, Rozier is a streaky offensive player and a poor ball distributor. When he's hot, he's a tremendous weapon on offense--but he doesn't seem to get hot coming off the bench, and he's obviously not going to start when Kyrie is healthy. 

Ainge made the right decision going with Smart for the long term. Smart, for all his warts, is a more impactful player and more valuable teammate. His defensive hustle makes an immediate impact when he enters the game, and he's become a fairly skilled passer--the ball movement when he's distributing is certainly MUCH better than when Rozier is out there pounding the rock.

I appreciate what T-Ro did in the playoffs, but when he's not cooking on offense he isn't much help. If he's that disgruntled I think you have to trade him and let Smart/Brown absorb his minutes.

(Kind of funny that we were all worried about Marcus Morris, but he's been absolutely balling in limited minutes while T-Ro is the disgruntled odd man out.)
Exactly. Smart, despite being the same age, is also much more of a leader than Rozier. DA made the right call
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 06:25:57 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He shouldn't be complaining when shooting just 35% from the field and averaging just 2.1 assists in 23 minutes per game.

Not being happy with his reduced minutes doesn't mean he's complaining.  No one has reported that he is complaining.

I doubt any player is ever going to be happy about reduced minutes, especially in a contract season.

I also doubt he's alone right now on the team with being unhappy with their minutes, role or performance or some combination.   When a team isn't winning games that it thinks it should, players usually aren't happy.   That doesn't mean they are all complaining.

I don't want players who are "happy" with reduced roles or sub-par performance anyway.

Maybe this is a baseless rumor, but if it's true, then how do people know he's unhappy and why unless he's telling people?  If he's telling people he's unhappy with his role and minutes, then he's complaining.  23 minutes per game for a contender isn't bad and isn't something he should be complaining about especially when he's playing like crap.

I want guys focused on doing what is best for the team.  He can worry about finding another team and situation after the season.
Hypothetical:
BS:  So, Terry.  Would you like to be playing more minutes?
TR:  Well, sure.  Yeah.  I wish I was playing more.  I think I can do more and I want to help us win!   But we have lots of great players here and we all feel that way.

Is that "complaining"?

The point is, we have zero knowledge at this time what was said and by whom.   Any speculations to support a negative aspersion or a positive spin is just that, speculation.  And not at all fair to the player.  Or us fans either, for that matter.

Simmons dropping this is typical "journalism" these days where the only purpose is to generate clicks.   Don't be a puppet, letting your strings get yanked.   Wait for real information.  THEN get mad/disgusted/whatever.   At least then your reaction might be justified.   Or you may find there is nothing to be mad about.

When did I say I was mad?  Like I said, maybe it's a baseless rumor.

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2018, 08:00:38 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He shouldn't be complaining when shooting just 35% from the field and averaging just 2.1 assists in 23 minutes per game.

Not being happy with his reduced minutes doesn't mean he's complaining.  No one has reported that he is complaining.

I doubt any player is ever going to be happy about reduced minutes, especially in a contract season.

I also doubt he's alone right now on the team with being unhappy with their minutes, role or performance or some combination.   When a team isn't winning games that it thinks it should, players usually aren't happy.   That doesn't mean they are all complaining.

I don't want players who are "happy" with reduced roles or sub-par performance anyway.

Maybe this is a baseless rumor, but if it's true, then how do people know he's unhappy and why unless he's telling people?  If he's telling people he's unhappy with his role and minutes, then he's complaining.  23 minutes per game for a contender isn't bad and isn't something he should be complaining about especially when he's playing like crap.

I want guys focused on doing what is best for the team.  He can worry about finding another team and situation after the season.
Hypothetical:
BS:  So, Terry.  Would you like to be playing more minutes?
TR:  Well, sure.  Yeah.  I wish I was playing more.  I think I can do more and I want to help us win!   But we have lots of great players here and we all feel that way.

Is that "complaining"?

The point is, we have zero knowledge at this time what was said and by whom.   Any speculations to support a negative aspersion or a positive spin is just that, speculation.  And not at all fair to the player.  Or us fans either, for that matter.

Simmons dropping this is typical "journalism" these days where the only purpose is to generate clicks.   Don't be a puppet, letting your strings get yanked.   Wait for real information.  THEN get mad/disgusted/whatever.   At least then your reaction might be justified.   Or you may find there is nothing to be mad about.

When did I say I was mad?  Like I said, maybe it's a baseless rumor.
Didn't Rozier said to media that he is not happy with his minutes? That is the definition of complaining

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I haven't been happy with his playing time this year either. Every minute he has s.u.c.k.e.d and is NOT the Rozier we had last year.

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 08:37:41 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think trading Rozier would also aleviate the logjam of shots/minutes. Its clear he is out there playing for himself and his contract and not the team. He probably is worried that if he doesnt get his "stats" he wont get that big contract.

Wonder if danny can get another Marcus morris type player for him?

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 08:49:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I think trading Rozier would also aleviate the logjam of shots/minutes. Its clear he is out there playing for himself and his contract and not the team. He probably is worried that if he doesnt get his "stats" he wont get that big contract.

As in Markieff? ;)

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 09:53:20 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Saying Rozier is going to get 16-20 mill a season. I have no doubt that Boston will move him. They cannot pay that to him.

No one will pay Rozier that much - he is good, not 20M good though.

These players today, shooting their mouths off (Brinks Truck for Thomas & $20M for Rozier) are idiots. Plus, everytime you turn around, someone is crying "'bout bein' disrespected".
I've always loved the game I played in college and I've loved the Celtics since the 60's, but I have to watch now with blinders to enjoy it at all because of the modern culture and the ugly style of play.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 09:57:33 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
What exactly did Rozier say to the media about his minutes ?

He had to know his minutes would be reduced - seems he even commented on that during pre-season and that he understood he is playing behind an all-star point guard.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i want to deal him but he is kyrie insurance.   nobody on the bench can do what terry does if irving goes down. 

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2018, 10:18:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

As in Markieff? ;)

BWA would really be something with both Morris twins out there together with Smart and Baynes.

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

As in Markieff? ;)

BWA would really be something with both Morris twins out there together with Smart and Baynes.
The physicality of that lineup is quite frightening. I'd love to see it