Author Topic: Camby to Clips  (Read 19938 times)

Re: Camby to Clips
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Wow - i'm surprised Denver couldn't get the Minny pick or something.

Sigh.

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I still think the Clippers still have enough cap space to go after Deng or Iguadola and they will...Deng is likely the easier target...

wouldn't that be hilarious if brand left the clippers to go to the sixers only to find that iguadola, the 76's best player, leaves for la due to free agency? i can see it now: ai just pulled a brand  :o

Become Legendary.

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »

Offline PTI

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
The Clippers have acquired center Marcus Camby from the Nuggets in a move to create salary cap room for the Nuggets.

In return, the Nuggets have the right to switch 2nd-round draft picks in the 2010 draft with the Clippers.

The Nuggets will receive a $10 million trade exception due to the deal.
It can be used for up to a year from the day the trade is completed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8348834?MSNHPHMA

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:29 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Who are the Denver big men now?  Kmart, Nene, and who?  Steven Hunter?  Kleiza?  That's it?  Ouch.  Bad time to be a Denver fan.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 12:12:02 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Who are the Denver big men now?  Kmart, Nene, and who?  Steven Hunter?  Kleiza?  That's it?  Ouch.  Bad time to be a Denver fan.
i thought kmart got traded.. or was that just a rumour?
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 12:15:11 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

He's still there.  I'd be shocked if they could trade him; he has quite possibly the worst contract in all of sports (and Nene's isn't far behind).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 12:21:47 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
i thought i heard about a potential deal a little while back....that's kinda how it goes sometimes. nobody could have guessed that the ultra atheletic high flying kmart would have turned into such a dud as soon as he left jersey...
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56:15 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
From ESPN's write-up:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156

The Clippers, sources said, also preserved an estimated $3 million in cap space to perhaps add another rotation player to their new core, which features the homegrown Davis as their new cornerstone, second-year swingman Al Thornton, recent draftee Eric Gordon and Kaman as Camby's new frontcourt sidekick. . . .

Exiling Camby for essentially no return was certainly not the Nuggets' preference, but finances forced their hand. . . . The Nuggets will now have more cushion to match potential offers to restricted free agent J.R. Smith if they choose.

Decent 8-man rotation for the Clips. Maybe one more player away from being a solid playoff team in the West.

Denver's got no frontcourt depth, with Najera and now Camby leaving town. They're really banking on Nene and Martin staying healthy for a full season.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 01:14:47 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

He's still there.  I'd be shocked if they could trade him; he has quite possibly the worst contract in all of sports (and Nene's isn't far behind).

Carl Pavano?

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 01:23:20 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Carl Pavano?

Nah...  he's only got around one year, $10 million left, right?  Granted, he's doing nothing, but that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the three years, $46 million owed to Kmart.

You bring up a good point about baseball pitchers, though.  Zito's contract is probably worse.

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:11 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

The problem isn't the amount of the cap, it is that all contracts are guaranteed.  Kills player movement.

I actually think that is the good thing about the NBA.

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 01:49:23 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I hope the Clips have enough cash left over to pick up some cheap free agents b/c their bench is looking bare, especially at SF position. Maybe Barnes will follow Davis and work for cheap, and Darius Miles for veteran minimum?
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 01:51:20 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Wow, Denver might break records for points allowed.  They were horrible on D with Camby bailing them out every time, imagine what it will be like next year.  

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Denver pays the price for grossely overpaying Kenyon Martin and to a larger extent NeNe in successive seasons.

Kiki Vandeweigh loves big man stiffs whcih has to be encouraging for Celtics fans considering he is now in New Jersey and has already brought in Najera, Yi, Brook Lopez

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 04:35:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Denver are going to be better next season without Camby

Clippers are going to be better next season after adding Camby but nowhere near enough to justify that idiotic trade.