Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36695 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2019, 09:22:03 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Has there been any indication if the NFL will run an investigation into the mockery of how Antonio Brown tried everything possible to get out of his contract with the Raiders? Also, isn’t it a little odd that the Pats cut Demaryius Thomas after the preseason, then signed him back one day later, which I believe makes the contract not guaranteed. I would think Thomas will now be cut, in order to make room for Brown.

As for Brown on the Pats, he will be a saint. He is on a one year deal, where he has to prove he is worthy of any team investing into a long term contract with him.

BTW, Gronk is not coming back. I thought he looked smaller than Brady last night. And how many people actually expect Gordon to play the whole season? There is no way he can lay off the weed that whole time. He will be suspended again, but the next time will probably be for good.

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Has there been any indication if the NFL will run an investigation into the mockery of how Antonio Brown tried everything possible to get out of his contract with the Raiders? Also, isn’t it a little odd that the Pats cut Demaryius Thomas after the preseason, then signed him back one day later, which I believe makes the contract not guaranteed. I would think Thomas will now be cut, in order to make room for Brown.

As for Brown on the Pats, he will be a saint. He is on a one year deal, where he has to prove he is worthy of any team investing into a long term contract with him.

BTW, Gronk is not coming back. I thought he looked smaller than Brady last night. And how many people actually expect Gordon to play the whole season? There is no way he can lay off the weed that whole time. He will be suspended again, but the next time will probably be for good.
Thomas was cut because he didn't have to go through waivers and they needed a roster spot for N'Keal Harry who they then put on IR, opening that spot back up.  Had they put Harry on IR before the 53 man roster cuts, he wouldn't be eligible this year, but by having him on the 53 man roster he could in theory play this year.  Thomas made sense to cut since he didn't have to clear waivers and could almost immediately re-sign.   I believe his contract is basically guaranteed since he signed before week 1. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This reads more like a list of things non-Pats fans want to be the case more than anything. Besides Gronk - I think he's done. Moranis addressed the Thomas situation perfectly.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Is AB secretly an Evil Genius
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2019, 09:17:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

He and His Agent Drew Ros, orchestrated this behind the scenes. If AB falls in line 100% and there is no issues than this was a brilliant plot.

Steelers you should have taken Bills offer of a first round pick. Because what you resist persist.

Re: Is AB secretly an Evil Genius
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2019, 01:27:50 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

He and His Agent Drew Ros, orchestrated this behind the scenes. If AB falls in line 100% and there is no issues than this was a brilliant plot.

Steelers you should have taken Bills offer of a first round pick. Because what you resist persist.

Belichick basically told the Raiders to trade their 3rd and 5th to Pittsburgh for New England to get Antonio Brown.

Poor Raiders fans they must hate them even more now. They haven't gotten over Tuck Rule yet.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2019, 06:26:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

If AB falls in line 100% is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever read on here.  AB can't fall in line.  He may not be the distraction he was in Oakland, but there is no way he falls in line 100%.  He isn't capable of it.

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2019, 07:07:59 AM »

Offline TDurden

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

He and His Agent DrehTw Ros, orchestrated this behind the scenes. If AB falls in line 100% and there is no issues than this was a brilliant plot.

If AB falls in line 100% is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever read on here.  AB can't fall in line.  He may not be the distraction he was in Oakland, but there is no way he falls in line 100%.  He isn't capable of it.

This is complete nonsense.  The guy was drafted in 2010 as a 6th round pick... If he wasn't capable of discipline, buying in, and being dedicated to football there's no way he makes it to 2019 with a HOF resume.

I have 0% problem with a player not wanting to be the media-scapegoat for the Steelers or the circus that passes for the Oakland Raiders these days.

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2019, 09:21:23 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82

How much money does AB lose/gain by going to the Patriots?  I don't understand all of the machinations but didn't he give up a $30MM signing bonus with the Raiders (plus salary) in exchange for a potential max of $15MM total with the Pats?

Or does his impending free agency again next summer play into the math too?

Thanks!

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2019, 12:08:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

How much money does AB lose/gain by going to the Patriots?  I don't understand all of the machinations but didn't he give up a $30MM signing bonus with the Raiders (plus salary) in exchange for a potential max of $15MM total with the Pats?

Thanks!

He lost some money. But 15 million this year if he hits the bonuses which he probably will.

And 20 million in place next year. If he falls in line.

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:13 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Thanks!

He lost some money. But 15 million this year if he hits the bonuses which he probably will.

And 20 million in place next year. If he falls in line.

The Pats probably won't pay him 20 million next year. It's similar to what they did with Revis, where they had an option year for $20 million just to manipulate the cap. Revis eventually walked after one year.

It's likely AB is a 1-year experiment, unless he wants to sign long-term for an affordable price over the course of a few more years.

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2019, 01:42:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I agree with you he probably can't long term and there will definitely be more problems down the road. However, do you think he can for one year? If he does flame out with the patriots after what happened with raiders and the end of the steelers, he probably won't be able to get any legitimate  guaranteed money for the rest of his career. I do think he actually cares about making more money.

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Pats cut Obi Melifonwu to make room.  Surprising.  Now I guess they will try to trade Phil Dorset or Demaryius Thomas.  They have 6 active WR now (8 if you count Gunner and Slater) with Harry and Meredith on reserve.

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2019, 02:01:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I agree with you he probably can't long term and there will definitely be more problems down the road. However, do you think he can for one year? If he does flame out with the patriots after what happened with raiders and the end of the steelers, he probably won't be able to get any legitimate  guaranteed money for the rest of his career. I do think he actually cares about making more money.
not at all.  He has made several instagram posts since signing with the Patriots.  He can't help himself.

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

not at all.  He has made several instagram posts since signing with the Patriots.  He can't help himself.
What was so bad about the posts he has made? Tom Brady just made a video yesterday and I don't think many people consider him a distraction. For comparison Moss was considered a real jerk before he came to New England and he definitely kept it together for a year. Funnily enough this is actually what Belichick said ""It's the same thing you said about Randy Moss when we brought him in.""

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2019, 02:37:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Has he actually posted anything since he "officially" signed?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team