Author Topic: My admiration for FLCeltsFan  (Read 7639 times)

Re: My admiration for FLCeltsFan
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 12:11:02 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Agreed.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 12:24:14 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Good job Nick... Florida Celtic Fan is a legend here and she deserves all the commendations for her dedication to this site through her game threads.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 12:44:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can't imagine the amount of work FL has put in over the years. There's a very good reason her TP:Post ratio is so imbalanced!

Thank you FL, and thank you too Nick for helping her out
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 03:51:54 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Can FL give us an update about her living situation?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 04:04:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Thank you!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
she has put her time in

mad props to her..

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 09:09:39 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes. Absolutely incredible. I wouldn't be able to do all that work putting those game threads together game after game year after year. Very much appreciated.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 09:15:59 AM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
FLCeltsFan is one of the MVPs of the blog.  Personally Celtics games and gamethreads are a good escape away from the grind called life.

Don't sell yourself short either Nick.  One of the things that make this a great blog is the consistent upkeep and moderation of the blog content.  It's too common in other places for threads to be derailed and degenerate into insults, flaming, etc.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Definitely. Those game threads are works of art.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2019, 05:22:42 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Hooray for FL!!
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone and especially to Nick for doing the threads when I couldn't.  It really did take a big load off of my mine.  I don't post much other than the game threads during the season because between the Game threads and gathering the links for the blog,  I really don't have much time.  Both of those take hours to do. 

I also want to thank every person who contributed to the Go Fund Me account that was from the members here.  You were so generous and that money came at a time when we really, really needed it. 

As for an update about what is going on here,  we are still very much in a disaster area.   So much of the housing was damaged or destroyed in the area that housing is hard to find for people now and many are still living in tents 7 months after the storm.  We were fortunate that we could still live in our home but there was a lot of damage.  We hired a contractor back in November but they have overextended themselves to the point that very little has been done. 

They did put a new roof on but it won't pass inspection because they took some shortcuts and things need to be fixed on it before it will pass.  But at least it's not raining in the kitchen any more.   We still do have a huge hole in the kitchen that goes straight up to the roof.  Our laundry room is gutted as is the garage.  One of the bedrooms at the other end had gotten wet from a big hole in the roof and needs to be gutted and redone.  None of those repairs have even begun.

We did get the electric rewired where it was hit by the tree when it came through the roof.  There is a list of other things the electrician needs to do but as with everything else, he is very slow to do anything.  We have Air conditioning but since there is a huge hole in the kitchen, our electric bill is very high as some of the AC is going right to the attic.  But, I have congestive heart failure so we need the AC and I am thankful for it, even though it is costly.   

We had a big metal storage building and workshop in the back that completely collapsed in the storm and we have slowly been trying to take the building apart piece by piece to get rid of the debris from it.  Pretty much everything in the building was destroyed.  Now they have stopped debris removal because they don't have money to continue it because the government hasn't approved it yet.  So,  we have to wait to see if they will recontinue it or if we will have to rent roll offs to get rid of it.   

We finally got our cable and internet back after about 3 months.  Our home phone still is not working.  They had to replace every phone line and every electric line in town.  We lost 80% of the trees in this area so everything looks so barren and sad.   Everywhere in town there are still wrecked buildings just sitting there.  More recently there are empty lots popping up where houses and businesses have been completely demolished.  There are still piles of debris lining roads and streets everywhere. 

Every week now we see some businesses reopening and that is nice.  The schools reopened after about a month but they had to go on half day schedules and share schools.  Tyndall Air Force Base was devastated and is slowly rebuilding but the funds to continue rebuilding are being held up and so for the time being, construction there has halted.   It has been over 7 months and we still have not gotten the federal funds to help with the debris removal and the rebuild.  The politicians are using this as a political hostage and so as they fight and argue,  this area struggles to try to get back to normal.  It will probably be years for many things to get back to normal. 

Anyway,  I didn't mean to complain or make it sound like I am whining.  I just wanted to let everyone know truthfully what is going on here.   We are much more fortunate than many and everyone here is pretty much in the same boat so there is a shared misery here and everyone has tried to help each other.  There have been others like Team Rubicon and Samaritan's purse who have come in and helped immensely. 

Thank you again for all of your kind words, your thoughts and prayers.  Eventually we will get everything done but I'm thankful for now that life can go on semi normal with electricity, cable, internet and a roof that keeps it from raining in the kitchen.  My deepest and sincere love and thanks to all my fellow Celtics fans here.  You really are the best!!! 

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2019, 12:45:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
thanks for the update on life flc. i am so sorry to hear that relief and repairs are so slow in coming. at least you are not in a tent and some progress is, well, progessing.

not much i can do except thank you and provide you with a tp. now if there was only some sort of market for tps where you could sell them.  ;)

good luck to you and your family for a quick and full recovery to your home and life.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva