Author Topic: It's only preseason but how far down the ladder has Courtney Lee gone?  (Read 5486 times)

Re: It's only preseason but how far down the ladder has Courtney Lee gone?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 07:26:24 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Lee plays like an old man or somebody Ray Allen's or Pierces age,

Maybe he needs to retire......LoL  ;D.   He just so laid back

I like Pressey desire  to compete .....very much like AB and Rondo

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Lee is a classic role player that needs a role or else he looks horrible.  Put most any role player on a bad team that asks them to step out of their comfort zone, and they will look bad.  He is suffering the same way Bradley is, and Bass.  These are guys that need to be on good teams to look good.
What about last season? He had a role and was still bad.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Yeah, Courtney peaked his rookie year.

I think he may be living a bit off of his performance in the 2009 playoffs.  People liked what he did and just naturally assume that he must have improved upon how a rookie played in a high-pressure environment.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 01:54:28 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yeah, Courtney peaked his rookie year.

I think he may be living a bit off of his performance in the 2009 playoffs.  People liked what he did and just naturally assume that he must have improved upon how a rookie played in a high-pressure environment.

Couldn't agree more.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:43 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i remember when he played for orlando. he rookie year...geez...dude was almost what u call a beast !!!! he was good for the rockets...

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 07:35:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
i remember when he played for orlando. he rookie year...geez...dude was almost what u call a beast !!!! he was good for the rockets...
I thought he was going to be a stud, but in hindsight his Nick Anderson moment at the foul line may have been a sign of things to come as far as the mental aspect of his game.  Still, I was thrilled when Ainge signed him.

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 08:34:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if we had some quality SGs on the roster, Lee would be behind them.  unfortunately, we don't have one.  we have a bunch of young guys that show brief flashes of talent.

sadly, I think Lee will get the second most minutes in the guard rotation, behind AB, until Rondo returns.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 12:41:39 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Lee is a classic role player that needs a role or else he looks horrible.  Put most any role player on a bad team that asks them to step out of their comfort zone, and they will look bad.  He is suffering the same way Bradley is, and Bass.  These are guys that need to be on good teams to look good.
What about last season? He had a role and was still bad.

He was bad at the beginning of the season and the end of the season.  At the beginning of the season, they were having him run Ray Allen's plays, which is not his role, and he looked terrible.  At the end of the season, Rondo was out, and he ended up taking on major ballhandling roles.

But there was a stretch in the middle of the season when he settled in, and was a VERY good player.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

We need to get a handle on who the ball handlers and passers are, and work through them.  Too many guys have auditioned for that role in the preseason that simply aren't up to it (hi, Avery).

Oh, I can tell you who the ball handlers and passers are...

They aren't on the Celtics. 

The only guy they have that is really capable of running an offense is an undrafted rookie.  This is going to be ugly for a while, until Rondo comes back.

This really is something I think Danny whiffed on this summer.  I get it, that he didn't feel the need to strengthen the position, since they are tanking...but not having someone out there who can run the offense could hurt the development of some of the other young guys, and hurt to showcase some of the guys you want to move.  If he had just signed a no-defense guy who can distribute the ball, it would have been better for the development of Sully and Olynyk, and the product would be much more watchable, even if they don't win more games.