Author Topic: Jrue's Injury  (Read 8880 times)

Jrue's Injury
« on: March 23, 2024, 11:54:21 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Holiday told The Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach that he’s experiencing “dead arm.”

“I’m feeling something, for sure,” Holiday told Himmelsbach.

Dead arm syndrome can be caused by repeated throwing motions, an injury that pitchers in baseball sometimes experience. The injury can be characterized by symptoms such as arm fatigue, inability to throw with force, and numbness, according to HealthLine.

Holiday suffered his shoulder sprain versus the Washington Wizards last Sunday. A Wizards player set a screen on Holiday’s right side, leaving the Boston starter in visible pain. He grabbed his shoulder and hung his head down for a few seconds before jumping back into the play.

The 33-year-old told Himmelsbach that he is being treated by the team’s medical staff while he heals up. However, simply resting is what Holiday is focusing on doing to recover, according to Himmelsbach.

Holiday noted that he is not sure when he will return, but he is feeling better and wants to play soon, per Himmelsbach.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Jrue's Injury
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd be fine keeping him out 1-2 weeks at this point. Better to be close to 100% than come back around 75% and potentially reaggravate something there. The C's can afford it.

I really do think the goal needs to be staying as healthy and fresh as possible for the postseason run. If anyone actually has something, keep them out for a bit. The C's will probably clinch the 1 seed in the next few days anyways, the last 3 weeks are gonna be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 12:34:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I'd be fine keeping him out 1-2 weeks at this point. Better to be close to 100% than come back around 75% and potentially reaggravate something there. The C's can afford it.

I really do think the goal needs to be staying as healthy and fresh as possible for the postseason run. If anyone actually has something, keep them out for a bit. The C's will probably clinch the 1 seed in the next few days anyways, the last 3 weeks are gonna be pretty useless in the grand scheme of things.

Not if the team wants to beat their 66-16 2008 record

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 01:15:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

And why is that some priority?

Also, the 2008 team finished 7 games up in the East, but it's not like Detroit was miles behind them. In fact DET finished the season on an 8-2 stretch while BOS went 9-1, if they had stumbled a bit then maybe DET gets a bit closer. C's are currently like 11 up on the East 2 seed.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 01:16:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Good no major tears to muscles or tendons .   

Neurological damage.?

R and R

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 10:53:59 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I'd rather it was a muscle because those heal up, nerve damage can take forever to recover, if it ever does. This is concerning.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 03:21:44 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 06:11:45 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Need Holiday to get healthy plus Payton have been pretty good in his place..I don’t care bout the record is as long we got #1 seed wrap up overall and the team is healthy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 07:22:17 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Who cares about 66-16. Win the title.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 08:36:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
https://sports.yahoo.com/jrue-holiday-workout-video-good-235244707.html

Sounds like pretty good news on the Jrue front with him getting some work in before the game last night. Maybe it's not actually 'dead arm syndrome' and he's just feeling off after running into Richaun Holmes.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2024, 09:04:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Dead arm syndrome makes me think of what Fultz went through.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2024, 12:03:52 PM »

Offline dustcover41

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 3
From personal experience with a shoulder injury I suffered, I would highly recommend Jrue get a 2nd opinion on his injury by visiting Dr. Josh Hackle at the Andrews Institute of Sports Medicine in Gulf Breeze FL.  Which is also where Christian Vasquez had Tommy John surgery performed.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 05:35:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Sit him as long as needed. Makes PP that much better come playoff time

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2024, 07:31:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
The difference with last year and this year is that last year, we played with our food a ton and didn't take care of business regularly, which made us the 2 seed in the East and also we seemed to play our guys a lot even late in the season due to not being out of the woods for the 2 seed even (PHI was right behind us at 3). We couldn't really afford to take our foot off the gas pedal. Maybe that contributed to G-Will, Brogdon, etc. suffering and having to labor with some injuries down the stretch + playoffs.

This year, we can afford to rest/rehab guys regularly since we're pretty much locked into the 1 seed about 3 whole weeks before the end of season (and 4 before playoffs since there's a week dedicated to play-in games). Sit and rest Jrue as much as you need.

But seeing the clips of him warming up last night, it didn't look too bad hopefully. I don't think he'd be doing that if it was that serious. It's just wise to be cautious with him for at least 1-2 more weeks. The C's basically gave Porzingis 1.5 weeks off to rest/rehab his hamstring.

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2024, 11:27:10 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
From personal experience with a shoulder injury I suffered, I would highly recommend Jrue get a 2nd opinion on his injury by visiting Dr. Josh Hackle at the Andrews Institute of Sports Medicine in Gulf Breeze FL.  Which is also where Christian Vasquez had Tommy John surgery performed.

Quality 3rd post.

The insane formatting, the personalization. TP.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 12:00:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sit him as long as needed. Makes PP that much better come playoff time

I think this is the correct strategy