Author Topic: Article on Hayward's injury, recovery prognosis  (Read 2222 times)

Re: Article on Hayward's injury, recovery prognosis
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
Headline: Medical expert

text: Certified athletic trainer

i think im going to leave the speculation to the actual doctors who perform these types of surgery.

and after reading it all the guy says he only has a single experience with this type of injury(at least among basketball players) so yeah, again i want to hear from the person who deals with this type of injury on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:19:58 PM by 317 »

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:31:23 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
 Mike Petraglia‏Verified account @Trags

League source: Gordon Hayward deciding between surgery tonight in Boston or in Indiana by doctor who performed previous surgery at Butler

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
We're all hoping for the absolute best, but let's be real.  We've seen guys miss 8-10 weeks(KO) with a high ankle sprain!  That injury had to have caused some serious ligament damage.  Maybe not tears or complete ruptures, but very bad none the less.  To recover from a major bone being fractured, and then recover range of motion and strength in that joint enough for the rigors of pro basketball movement.........forget this season folks.  Might as well get used to the idea of not seeing him on a court til next year.  The C's definitely wouldn't risk bringing him back unless he was 100% after that injury!

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:40 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Good article. Obviously it's all speculation and I'll wait to hear what the Celtics have to say about it but this bit of speculation is all I care aboutright now:

Is it a career-ending injury? By no means, from what we can tell. But he's gonna be hard-pressed to get back this season. And just because, again, it's an injury of high magnitude, you want to make sure he's returning at 100 percent and not running the risk of some secondary injury or some other setback.

There's no point in rushing him back to try and play against the Cavs and the Warriors this year. Let him recover and let Brown/Tatum learn on the floor. Next season, hopefully Hayward can come back strong and the C's can make a run at the title.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Good article. Obviously it's all speculation and I'll wait to hear what the Celtics have to say about it but this bit of speculation is all I care aboutright now:

Is it a career-ending injury? By no means, from what we can tell. But he's gonna be hard-pressed to get back this season. And just because, again, it's an injury of high magnitude, you want to make sure he's returning at 100 percent and not running the risk of some secondary injury or some other setback.

There's no point in rushing him back to try and play against the Cavs and the Warriors this year. Let him recover and let Brown/Tatum learn on the floor. Next season, hopefully Hayward can come back strong and the C's can make a run at the title.

hate to say it, but it might be a blessing in disguise if Hayward takes around the same time to be 100% like PG, that puts him to be around next season

but this season Brown and Tatum will be thrown into the fire in accelerated mode while Hayward recovers

next year's team might be stronger than say if this team was fully healthy heading into next season since Tatum and Brown, possibly a few other players because they are seeing more minutes to develop

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 05:29:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I still hold out hope that he can be back by end of season, but know that is unrealistic. 

The amount of love and support NBA players are expressing I find very uplifting.   These are really good men, by and large. 

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

hate to say it, but it might be a blessing in disguise if Hayward takes around the same time to be 100% like PG, that puts him to be around next season

but this season Brown and Tatum will be thrown into the fire in accelerated mode while Hayward recovers

next year's team might be stronger than say if this team was fully healthy heading into next season since Tatum and Brown, possibly a few other players because they are seeing more minutes to develop

I,agree with what you say .  Im worried Marcus won't be back .....I want him on the team with Brown, tatum and Hayward.