Author Topic: Another offseason offer? Ideas for discussion  (Read 5635 times)

Re: Another offseason offer? Ideas for discussion
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You know Silk......😔

Again, you can not use the MLE, the Taxpayer MLE or the BAE when you use cap space. I called it the BLE but it's the same thing.

And you go from saying the MLE won't be enough for Bryant so in your new scenario you give him a whole $750,000 more thinking that will close the deal?

Room exception MLE 4.9 million, I stated that.

BLE, or BAE I was under the impression that its not limited to how you get over the cap, but what odds, we are talking about Jared Dudley here.

and 750K more prevents Washington from being able to match. there is obviously another 3 million available to use to close the deal, but 1$ is all that is needed to prevent Washington from being able to match the contract.
No, as I stated, the BAE is only available if over the cap. If you use any cap space, the BAE and the MLE's aren't available to you.

Room MLE is available, as long as you spend up to and over the cap.

https://twitter.com/larrycoon/status/749081555671191552

From Larry Coons CBA FAQ

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that drop far enough below the cap to use cap room, and therefore lose their Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and Taxpayer Mid-Level exceptions (see question number 26). This exception cannot be used if the team already has used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. This exception becomes available once the team salary drops far enough that the team loses its other exceptions, and expires following the last day of the regular season. It allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following:

Season   First-year salary
2017-18   $4.328 million
2018-19   $4.449 million
The Room Mid-Level exception amount for the 2017-18 season was negotiated into the agreement. For each subsequent season the exception amount is determined by applying the percentage change in the salary cap to the previous exception amount. For example, if the salary cap increases by 4% from 2017-18 to 2018-19, then the exception amount also will increase by 4% from 2017-18 to 2018-19.

This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts up to two years in length, with raises up to 5% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year -- for example, a team can use this exception to sign a player to a two-year contract, and use it again the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 26 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

Once a team has used this exception, it can no longer use the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.
Yes, I am very well aware of the Room Exception being available. I told you the BAE wasn't because after telling you it wasn't you still went ahead and included it in your new scenario. I never said the Room Exception wasn't available.

And thanks for teaching me about it with your reference to Larry Coon's site, but I already read that site years ago. I recommend you do the same so that so many of your dozens and dozens of trade ideas don't have to be constantly corrected.

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2019, 02:00:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I recommend you do the same so that so many of your dozens and dozens of trade ideas don't have to be constantly corrected.
I just have bookmarks and text search it anytime before I comment or propose anything.

Saves me a whole lot of looking dumb about the CBA while shooting from the hip.

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2019, 02:09:12 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
You know Silk......😔

Again, you can not use the MLE, the Taxpayer MLE or the BAE when you use cap space. I called it the BLE but it's the same thing.

And you go from saying the MLE won't be enough for Bryant so in your new scenario you give him a whole $750,000 more thinking that will close the deal?

Room exception MLE 4.9 million, I stated that.

BLE, or BAE I was under the impression that its not limited to how you get over the cap, but what odds, we are talking about Jared Dudley here.

and 750K more prevents Washington from being able to match. there is obviously another 3 million available to use to close the deal, but 1$ is all that is needed to prevent Washington from being able to match the contract.
No, as I stated, the BAE is only available if over the cap. If you use any cap space, the BAE and the MLE's aren't available to you.

Room MLE is available, as long as you spend up to and over the cap.

https://twitter.com/larrycoon/status/749081555671191552

From Larry Coons CBA FAQ

ROOM MID-LEVEL EXCEPTION -- This exception is available only to teams that drop far enough below the cap to use cap room, and therefore lose their Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level and Taxpayer Mid-Level exceptions (see question number 26). This exception cannot be used if the team already has used the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. This exception becomes available once the team salary drops far enough that the team loses its other exceptions, and expires following the last day of the regular season. It allows a team to sign any free agent to a contract with a starting salary up to the following:

Season   First-year salary
2017-18   $4.328 million
2018-19   $4.449 million
The Room Mid-Level exception amount for the 2017-18 season was negotiated into the agreement. For each subsequent season the exception amount is determined by applying the percentage change in the salary cap to the previous exception amount. For example, if the salary cap increases by 4% from 2017-18 to 2018-19, then the exception amount also will increase by 4% from 2017-18 to 2018-19.

This exception may be split and given to multiple players. It may be used for contracts up to two years in length, with raises up to 5% of the salary in the first year of the contract. Signing a player to a multi-year contract does not affect a team's ability to use this exception every year -- for example, a team can use this exception to sign a player to a two-year contract, and use it again the following year to sign another player. Also see question number 26 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.

Once a team has used this exception, it can no longer use the Bi-Annual, Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level or Taxpayer Mid-Level exception.
Yes, I am very well aware of the Room Exception being available. I told you the BAE wasn't because after telling you it wasn't you still went ahead and included it in your new scenario. I never said the Room Exception wasn't available.

And thanks for teaching me about it with your reference to Larry Coon's site, but I already read that site years ago. I recommend you do the same so that so many of your dozens and dozens of trade ideas don't have to be constantly corrected.
I have read it

I was misinformed on the BAE, big deal, rest of what I stated was correct.

You stated that the MLE`s are not available.

MLE`s
MLE`s
MLE`s

Room MLE

In fact this is EXACTLY what you stated.

That was incorrect.

The Non taxpayer MLE is not available
The Taxpayer MLE is not available

but the ROOM MLE is available.

perhaps you should re-read the CBA FAQ, cause you are forgetting some points.

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I recommend you do the same so that so many of your dozens and dozens of trade ideas don't have to be constantly corrected.
I just have bookmarks and text search it anytime before I comment or propose anything.

Saves me a whole lot of looking dumb about the CBA while shooting from the hip.

I was incorrect on the BAE, it has ZERO impact on the trade proposed. ZERO