Author Topic: With Davis out of the picture  (Read 1144 times)

With Davis out of the picture
« on: June 16, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
New Orleans may be moving Holiday sometime next year in a full tear down.  I think if Irving is gone that means Rozier should be kept.  Something like 4 years 55M (13.75M annually).  After the moratorium on free agent trades ends, send him with Guerschon(3.1M) and enough salary (20th pick and 22nd pick rookies = 5M) to get Holiday.  Throw in Okafor and other scrubs to make it work.  Adding Holiday to this lineup really fills out the depth nicely.

What do you guys think?

Re: With Davis out of the picture
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Let go of Rozier. The guy is not a PG and Im fed up with his 1 for 7 performances from three in vital playoff games.

Hope DA moves on from his rozier infatuation.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 05:41:47 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Problem is all reports indicate NOP are keeping Holiday. And rozier at 13 million is a negative value contract.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
New Orleans may be moving Holiday sometime next year in a full tear down.  I think if Irving is gone that means Rozier should be kept.  Something like 4 years 55M (13.75M annually).  After the moratorium on free agent trades ends, send him with Guerschon(3.1M) and enough salary (20th pick and 22nd pick rookies = 5M) to get Holiday.  Throw in Okafor and other scrubs to make it work.  Adding Holiday to this lineup really fills out the depth nicely.

What do you guys think?

I don't think the Celtics should trade any assets or tie up cap space in win-now players.  The Celtics are now all about The Jays.  Any players the Celtics acquire should be affordable short-term placeholders, or they should be players on a similar timeline to The Jays.

To be clear, Holiday is a really nice player.  He would make the Celtics better.  But he wont' change the Celts from a non-contender into a contender.  My feeling is the Celtics should be all about stockpiling and developing assets until they are able to draft, develop, or otherwise acquire a player who is good enough to make the team a contender.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain