Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics refused to make Tatum available in trade talks with New Orleans  (Read 20978 times)

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The Ainge Empire continues to crumble.

What a fall from the throne.

You know what empire fell the hardest last year? The Cavs...maybe they can find another Lebron in the next half a century. Not like free agents are flocking to that team anytime soon. That to me is the essence of a fallen empire. The Celtics have two amazing young players, a ton of draft picks and Hayward still....Now the Cavs on the other hand will always have the memory of Lebron with little hope they find that kind of player again anytime in our lifetime. Bet Cavs fans become Lakers fans now as well.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ainge went for the kill again, and it backfired

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If all the rumors about Kyrie are leaving, then good. If we weren't combining AD and Kyrie, then the better move is to try to build around the young core
I'm bitter.

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If all the rumors about Kyrie are leaving, then good. If we weren't combining AD and Kyrie, then the better move is to try to build around the young core

I agree. I do wonder what went so wrong this year that Kyrie wouldn't be excited to play on a Celtics team with Davis?
That's a championship contender for sure. He isn't instantly going to have that in Brooklyn.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I agree. I do wonder what went so wrong this year that Kyrie wouldn't be excited to play on a Celtics team with Davis?
That's a championship contender for sure. He isn't instantly going to have that in Brooklyn.
not just that, but he's not even telling Ainge he's leaving. What kind of class is what

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
If Kyrie leaves is there anyway that wee can sign Ricky Rubio for our PG.  He looks to assist first but can score some. He would free up Taum Brown Hayward to be the scorers along with Al if he stays.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm glad he wasn't involved.  People complain that we may be destined to be in a rut for a few years but if Tatum was traded for AD and AD walked next year this team would be back to the dark ages for 5 years.  The well is dry.  Build around the Jay's and in two years when there is cap space see what can be done then.  This is still a scrappy playoff team and pieces will be added.  All it takes is an injury (or two in the GSW case) for a lesser team to win.  If KD was healthy and played in the finals GSW would be the champs. 

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I'm glad he wasn't involved.  People complain that we may be destined to be in a rut for a few years but if Tatum was traded for AD and AD walked next year this team would be back to the dark ages for 5 years.  The well is dry.  Build around the Jay's and in two years when there is cap space see what can be done then.  This is still a scrappy playoff team and pieces will be added.  All it takes is an injury (or two in the GSW case) for a lesser team to win.  If KD was healthy and played in the finals GSW would be the champs.
honestly fit is as important as talent.

Get the right pieces and lighting in a bottle happens

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
If Kyrie leaves is there anyway that wee can sign Ricky Rubio for our PG.  He looks to assist first but can score some. He would free up Tatum Brown Hayward to be the scorers along with Al if he stays.

I'm fine with Smart-Brown-Tatum as our starting 1-3. Then Hayward can be the 6th man. In that way we can go back to that defense-first team and avoid playing guys out of position, my goodness I'm so annoyed with that.

Really don't want to see starting our season next year: PG - Smart - Tatum - Hayward/Morris - Horford (and Brown on the bench).

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Well, pressure is on him to step up this year.

Can't be a glorified Rudy Gay like he was last season

Though tbh it's probably the lack of guarantees that did the spooking here
Why isn't there pressure on $30 million Hayward?

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
One thing that should be over is people claiming the Celtics are "all about titles."

They chose a sustainable future with no clear path to contention over a single year of contention.

That's defensible but it means they have priorities other than just winning a title at any cost.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If Kyrie leaves is there anyway that wee can sign Ricky Rubio for our PG.  He looks to assist first but can score some. He would free up Taum Brown Hayward to be the scorers along with Al if he stays.

I love Rubio as a back up option. The ball wouldn't stick to him, which is perfect. I'm not sure if we can get him on a one and one cheap and then multi years at a higher salary the fallowing. CBA hurts my head with all the you can and can't do XYZ.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If Kyrie leaves is there anyway that wee can sign Ricky Rubio for our PG.  He looks to assist first but can score some. He would free up Tatum Brown Hayward to be the scorers along with Al if he stays.

I'm fine with Smart-Brown-Tatum as our starting 1-3. Then Hayward can be the 6th man. In that way we can go back to that defense-first team and avoid playing guys out of position, my goodness I'm so annoyed with that.

Really don't want to see starting our season next year: PG - Smart - Tatum - Hayward/Morris - Horford (and Brown on the bench).

It'll probably be Smart/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford.

Smart is a perfectly good PG in the DJ mold, especially when we have great complementary playmakers in Horford and Hayward.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
One thing that should be over is people claiming the Celtics are "all about titles."

They chose a sustainable future with no clear path to contention over a single year of contention.

That's defensible but it means they have priorities other than just winning a title at any cost.
Giving it all up for one season, and a slim chance at winning a title, isn't a direction, isn't a strategy, any more than buying lottery tickets are a substitute for a retirement plan.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

It'll probably be Smart/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford.

Smart is a perfectly good PG in the DJ mold, especially when we have great complementary playmakers in Horford and Hayward.

I'd resign Marcus Morris and start him over Jaylen Brown.

Brown will be our 6th man, stagger the wing minutes to the trio of Brown, Hayward and Tatum.

That gives us a bit more size and still capable enough to score, defend and stretch the floor.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace