Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics refused to make Tatum available in trade talks with New Orleans  (Read 20948 times)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Quote from: Marc Stein
The Boston Celtics refused to make Jayson Tatum available in trade talks with New Orleans, league sources say, putting the Lakers in prime position to strike the deal that teams Anthony Davis with LeBron James

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1140028046415675392

Quote from: Himmelsbach
Hearing that there was never a time that the Celtics felt a deal for Anthony Davis was close. The idea of sacrificing major pieces in exchange for a potential one-year rental made them uneasy from the start.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1140031417860206599
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:17:34 PM by rondofan1255 »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
I have to believe Ainge/Wyc found out in some way (maybe even with a meeting with AD and his reps recently) that AD was adamant he wouldn't stay long term, hence they didn't take the big risk.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This is an obvious conclusion. If Tatum had ever been in the trade, AD would be a Celtic.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I have to believe Ainge/Wyc found out in some way (maybe even with a meeting with AD and his reps recently) that AD was adamant he wouldn't stay long term, hence they didn't take the big risk.

Exactly. I wanted AD as much as the next fan, but not if we have to start tanking again a year from now.
#JKJB

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Well, to get Davis ya gotta give up Tatum. And that was the deal-breaker.

Don't blame the Pelicans for taking LAL's package. I'm just mad they didn't demand more and get Kuzma.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Face of the franchise now

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Well, pressure is on him to step up this year.

Can't be a glorified Rudy Gay like he was last season

Though tbh it's probably the lack of guarantees that did the spooking here

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I love Tatum and think the sky is the limit. Just give him time and love him well! I said when all is said and done, Tatum will win 4 titles somewhere....Green sounds good to me.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Well, it looks like it's Tatum, Brown, Hayward and the young guys going forward. The team is fully back in Brad Stevens hands.

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
The Ainge Empire continues to crumble.

What a fall from the throne.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Well, to get Davis ya gotta give up Tatum. And that was the deal-breaker.

Don't blame the Pelicans for taking LAL's package. I'm just mad they didn't demand more and get Kuzma.

or what???? Kuzma or what??? The Pelicans did not have a plan B. AD took that away from them.

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
The Celtics didn't drop the ball here, AD didn't want to play here and forced his way to the lakers. Thankfully they gave up some assets for him instead of picking him up next year for nothing.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Well, pressure is on him to step up this year.

Can't be a glorified Rudy Gay like he was last season

Yes, Jayson really needs to step up in 2019-20.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Tatum just turned 21... he does not need to step up that much. He is so young still. Continue to improve like he has been doing and not saddle him with unrealistic expectations.

If the fans expect him to be 28 a game and carry us to the finals next year when he turns 22 next March, we will end up chasing him out of Boston as well.

Let them grow minus the microscope or we will end up with nobody left in a few years but trips to the lottery.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I don’t blame ainge.  Who want the headache of rich Paul and AD WALKING AFTER A YEAR?  Now Tatum and brown can step into their role and ball