Author Topic: No kyrie, no davis, no problem  (Read 3232 times)

Re: No kyrie, no davis, no problem
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Setting aside all the other stuff, no thank you on Whiteside.

We're just getting done dealing with Kyrie Irving for two years, now you want to saddle us with Whiteside? 

How about a team without any perpetually-unhappy guys on it? That's what I'd like to see.

I think the whiteside stuff is a little overblown.

He doesnt like the way that Miami forces him to play, and would like to take shots and shoot 3s but isnt allowed.

add to that them signing him to a big contract only to turn around and draft a replacement.

I would be miffed as well.

And he is expiring contract
whiteside in 7 seasons and 343 nba games has taken a total of 18 3 pointers, and made 22.2% of them. in one year of college ball, he took a total of 5 3 pointers.

i have no idea how you formed your opinion that he (1) wants to shoot 3 pointers, or, (2) would be successful at them. a plausible alternative theory is that he isnt allowed to shoot 3 pointers by his coach because he is terrible at it.

also, add in that he is a career 59.3% FT shooter and that for his career he averages 0.6 assists per game. i just dont think he fits well with the celtics schemes.

well, he himself has stated more than once that he isnt allowed to shoot, so that is where that comes from.

He has a decent enough form, it can work for an attempt per game.

In a lineup featuring Tatum, Brown, Horford and Dinwiddie with Hayward off the bench, he just needs to take and make those ones that Baynes was last season. Like 1 a game as a trailer, tops. Im not looking at someone to take 5 per game.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Yeah, I think we've both talked about Dinwiddie before and how he would be a good consolation prize. I also agree with your assessment that it would actually benefit the Nets as they could then go forward with Irving, Russell, and somebody like Harris.

It's been discussed doing the same thing with Russell, but that would cost us more assets and the Nets give up one of their best assets. I like Dinwiddie and think he would fit in well here.

But, sorry man, no way on Whiteside

Like I say, it could be any center, I just knew that Miami would give him away for nothing. Wasnt certain as to who else is out there that would work within that 20ish million TPE and didnt go looking for it.

The idea though is to use the TPE to absorb a centers contract.

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

So make some FA moves and/or trades.  looking at the OP suggested roster:

Dinwiddie/Beverly/Frank
Brown/Smart/Gibson
Tatum/Hayward/Semi
Horford/Samanic/Yabusele
Whiteside/Baynes/Williams.

Smart and Hayward on the bench is a problem.  I think the biggest issue that probably wasn't talked about with regards to the minutes issue was who we closed games with.   So do you close with smart, then brown is on the bench.  Do you close with Tatum, then Hayward is on the bench.  I don't see Patrick Beverly signing with us for probably less money than he can get somewhere else to come off the bench.  These guys all need to start and close games.  I think that was more of a real problem then Hayward starting, especially since he moved to the bench  for the second half of the season if not more, and came off the bench throughout the playoffs.   I think we learned this year that you can't have an all star bench, you need a role playing bench.   Going to the Bench for Avery Bradley is what I think caused more problems with resigning Ray Allan then personal issues with Rondo.

Smart is a team player and will do whatever is asked of him. He will be on the defensive lineup in close games with Beverly.

Beverly is getting a little over 9 million in my proposal, dont think teams will offer more than that.

Close out games offensively, assuming no one is having an off night, or no one is having an exceptionally hot night would be

Dinwiddie/smart or Beverly(whoever is playing the best that night)
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Would rather have Darren Collison running the point for us if Kyrie leaves, and I'd like to get Wayne Ellington as a backup SG if possible.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA