Author Topic: Bulpett: Kyrie still considering C's; C's want AD regardless of Kyrie's decision  (Read 26638 times)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think Kyrie has seen how Danny operates.  My guess is he's simply holding Danny's feet to the fire and making him make the move for Davis before he commits to Boston.  I realize some people think Kyrie could just make this easier by committing right now, but Kyrie also probably is clever enough to know Danny would likely just take having Kyrie locked up for granted and not try hard enough to get Davis.

I think the fact the rumors are that Danny wants to trade for Davis anyway just substantiates that theory.  Danny probably knows exactly what buttons Kyrie is trying to push and will eventually get it done.  Sure, he'll try at first to get Davis on the cheap, and won't give up any more than he has to, but I trust that eventually he'll come to his senses and offer what New Orleans really wants most (Tatum).

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If (or seemingly when) Kyrie joins the Nets then I’ll have nothing but ill-will towards him. I was an apologist / defender all year, but he is clearly no Celtic. Hope New Yorkers tear him apart
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If (or seemingly when) Kyrie joins the Nets then I’ll have nothing but ill-will towards him. I was an apologist / defender all year, but he is clearly no Celtic. Hope New Yorkers tear him apart
if he leaves ill be a little happy because it shows he wasn't truly about winning. Just wants to be in movies and madison avenue hawking pepsi

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I have no ill-will. He's a free agent, he gets to choose to spend his prime wherever he wants to.

It's a business when teams trade players. It's a business when players walk away. Them's the breaks, kid.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I think Kyrie has seen how Danny operates.  My guess is he's simply holding Danny's feet to the fire and making him make the move for Davis before he commits to Boston.  I realize some people think Kyrie could just make this easier by committing right now, but Kyrie also probably is clever enough to know Danny would likely just take having Kyrie locked up for granted and not try hard enough to get Davis.

I think the fact the rumors are that Danny wants to trade for Davis anyway just substantiates that theory.  Danny probably knows exactly what buttons Kyrie is trying to push and will eventually get it done.  Sure, he'll try at first to get Davis on the cheap, and won't give up any more than he has to, but I trust that eventually he'll come to his senses and offer what New Orleans really wants most (Tatum).
Sorry man but that's just being delusional. He's gone would make no sense to do that he'd be hurting our chances of getting Ad. I'm thinking AD wants no part of teaming up with Kyrie so he's prob set on moving on.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
if he leaves ill be a little happy because it shows he wasn't truly about winning. Just wants to be in movies and madison avenue hawking pepsi
Lol, true. With he and Rozier hopefully gone our locker-room should be great

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I have no ill-will. He's a free agent, he gets to choose to spend his prime wherever he wants to.

It's a business when teams trade players. It's a business when players walk away. Them's the breaks, kid.
I’m fully aware of that, I just think there’s nothing admirable about torching a work in progress and then jumping ship because you ruined a good thing.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Well, now Bulpett has two stories out 18 hours apart that reach nearly opposite conclusions lol These both can’t be true, and both stories can easily be conceived as purposeful leaks aimed at a specific narrative that benefits their respective sources.

Yeah, I’ve got to stop trying to follow all of these supposed leaks and rumors, as it seems virtually every one is purposefully leaked to fulfill one or more narratives.

I’m just ready for there to be a specific direction for us one way or the other at this point.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Danny should have traded the malcontent...owell.

I absolutely hate the anti-Kyrie sentiment going on with Cs fans right now, but I will totally agree with this. Danny probably had no idea that Boston fans were going to be chasing their young perennial All-Star out of town.

Trading him would have allowed the Cs to push forward with some meaningful assets rather than lose him for nothing. Heck, if we did it last off-season, we could be in the Finals right now with AD and Kawhi (AD because Rose Rule wouldn't apply and SAS' idea of Kyrie for Kawhi last off-season).

I would have been happy with a Russell for Kyrie swap at the deadline...maybe Kyrie for Porzingis. Now it's re-sign Rozier for 8 figures annually - Sweet!
I was hoping last summer that we use Irving’s contract to get rid of Hayward. Maybe even trade both to San Antonio for kawhi green and Gasol. Then scoop Davis and or butler. I know it sounds like revisionist history.
Somehow when Danny traded for Kyrie and signed Hayward he completely forgot about the concept of being flexible with his assets and being ready to strike for a star.

Oh stop.

If DA traded Hayward while he was rehabbing before he played any good minutes in a C's uniform, you think AD would ever resign here? That would have been worse than what happened with IT. So doing that two years in a row to players would REALLY get guys lining up to play here.

DA still has the ability to trade and resign AD, so even signing Irving and Hayward he still has enough flexibility to grab an other star.

Also people are basing Hayward on his play last season that was a mess for a lot of players, while he was still healing and rehabbing through out the season. Do people forget get his foot was facing the wrong way. He now gets a summer with out rehabbing to get just focus on getting his body back to as close to were it was before the injury.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I’m fully aware of that, I just think there’s nothing admirable about torching a work in progress and then jumping ship because you ruined a good thing.

And that's where we defer. Blaming Kyrie is the popular thing, but it's clear there was a lot of dysfunction and no one managed it well. Would I personally prefer it if he said "I should try again"? 100%. But I also see there's a strong possibility that he just doesn't have confidence in Ainge and Stevens anymore no matter what Danny's trying to sell him right now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Well, now Bulpett has two stories out 18 hours apart that reach nearly opposite conclusions lol These both can’t be true, and both stories can easily be conceived as purposeful leaks aimed at a specific narrative that benefits their respective sources.

Yeah, I’ve got to stop trying to follow all of these supposed leaks and rumors, as it seems virtually every one is purposefully leaked to fulfill one or more narratives.

I’m just ready for there to be a specific direction for us one way or the other at this point.

The later the story the closer to the truth I’m afraid.

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
If he really wants to take a pay cut to join the Nets instead of remain on a stacked team with AD then good riddance. Not the type of player needed in a Celtics uniform.

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Danny should have traded the malcontent...owell.

I absolutely hate the anti-Kyrie sentiment going on with Cs fans right now, but I will totally agree with this. Danny probably had no idea that Boston fans were going to be chasing their young perennial All-Star out of town.

Trading him would have allowed the Cs to push forward with some meaningful assets rather than lose him for nothing. Heck, if we did it last off-season, we could be in the Finals right now with AD and Kawhi (AD because Rose Rule wouldn't apply and SAS' idea of Kyrie for Kawhi last off-season).

I would have been happy with a Russell for Kyrie swap at the deadline...maybe Kyrie for Porzingis. Now it's re-sign Rozier for 8 figures annually - Sweet!
I was hoping last summer that we use Irving’s contract to get rid of Hayward. Maybe even trade both to San Antonio for kawhi green and Gasol. Then scoop Davis and or butler. I know it sounds like revisionist history.
Somehow when Danny traded for Kyrie and signed Hayward he completely forgot about the concept of being flexible with his assets and being ready to strike for a star.

Oh stop.

If DA traded Hayward while he was rehabbing before he played any good minutes in a C's uniform, you think AD would ever resign here? That would have been worse than what happened with IT. So doing that two years in a row to players would REALLY get guys lining up to play here.

DA still has the ability to trade and resign AD, so even signing Irving and Hayward he still has enough flexibility to grab an other star.

Also people are basing Hayward on his play last season that was a mess for a lot of players, while he was still healing and rehabbing through out the season. Do people forget get his foot was facing the wrong way. He now gets a summer with out rehabbing to get just focus on getting his body back to as close to were it was before the injury.
Danny wouldn’t make those trades but he treated the Irving trade as if it’s the final piece to the championship team ignoring all the red flags from Kyrie - injury history, not talking to his teammates in Cleveland during 2017 finals, leaving a championship contender because he was jealous of the attention that Lebron got, treataning Cleveland to sit a season because of surgery.  And on and on.
I am actually ok with trading for Davis. Go ahead trade our last valuable assets for him and start fresh in 2020 when Davis leaves.. the fact that Davis’s agent is rich Paul is one of the biggest red flags you can possibly have and Danny still ignores that.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

And that's where we defer. Blaming Kyrie is the popular thing, but it's clear there was a lot of dysfunction and no one managed it well. Would I personally prefer it if he said "I should try again"? 100%. But I also see there's a strong possibility that he just doesn't have confidence in Ainge and Stevens anymore no matter what Danny's trying to sell him right now.
You’re right that nobody managed it well. That’s something that we’ve both said for quite some time. I just can’t see how one can proclaim leadership so often only to drop and run from a team with such high potential because of one bad season (after one good season).

Hopefully with he and Rozier gone we can put this whole episode behind us, and hope our Jays turn into an injury-free TMac and Grant Hill

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The later the story the closer to the truth I’m afraid.

The first story seemed like it was sourced from the Celtics.

The second story seems like it was sourced from Roc Nation.

Truth probably falls somewhere in the middle.

Kyrie is looking at the Nets as the team he's going to join, but if the Celts trade for AD perhaps that could change.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain