Author Topic: Should Jaylen Brown sit out game 1 ?  (Read 6824 times)

Re: Should Jaylen Brown sit out game 1 ?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Sorry, I don't a source that says he's 100% out but he's listed as doubtful by some and out by others. The line on the game has also gone up 2.5 points as of today so the wise guys know something.
That's all I got for now but I would bet he won't play. It's just gamesmanship right now by Brad to not having ruled him out as of now so Sixers would have to game plan for him as well.

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2018, 04:49:19 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I wouldn't play Brown until game #3 or #4. Get a split in the first 2 games and that will give him a week off.

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Brad Stevens was just on 98.5 and said Jaylen is out for tomorrow's game 2 :/

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

i think it's probably to be safe

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He said he remains doubtful for Game 2 and will be evaluated before the game on Thursday.

I don't want them to take any risks with his hamstring. Bubble wrap all of our players after the way this season has gone.

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2018, 11:51:27 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Good, there is no need to play him until the series is tied or we go down. Like I said Monday, I would sit him as long as possible. If the Celtics win tomorrow, why even play him in game 3...sit him until game 4.

Philly has to prove they can beat this team convincingly first.

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2018, 12:13:59 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
He said he remains doubtful for Game 2 and will be evaluated before the game on Thursday.

I don't want them to take any risks with his hamstring. Bubble wrap all of our players after the way this season has gone.

Agree 100%. He's impatient to play - which is a good sign, and also a sign that he's 21. We want him to be healthy and whole, for a long, long time.

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I didn't listen to whole interview (I'm at work) but the VERY last thing he said was "he's out for tomorrow's game". I hope there's a chance he plays. It won't be as easy as last time. Some players played above their heads so not sure the C's can duplicate those results.

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2018, 12:34:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I didn't listen to whole interview (I'm at work) but the VERY last thing he said was "he's out for tomorrow's game". I hope there's a chance he plays. It won't be as easy as last time. Some players played above their heads so not sure the C's can duplicate those results.
Hamstring strains -- even of the mildest variety -- are 2,3 week injuries. I think there's zero chance that he'll play in the first three games, no matter how "close" they would make you think that he is.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2018, 12:34:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I'm going off the entire interview, the official twitter account of the Celtics, and multiple beat reporters.

He did not say he is out, he said he is doubtful and wouldn't practice today. Then detailed why they want to be careful and said they'd evaluate him tomorrow before the game.

I do agree based on the Celtics approach to injuries and the circumstances of this season he's unlikely to play in game 2. (hence doubtful)

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
This whole season has seemed like one long injury drinking game. Take a drink, lose a player. If the Cs keep going, take another drink, lose another player, etc. We’ll keep going until we pass out or it’s Kadeem Allen and four G-Leaguers against the West.

Mike

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This whole season has seemed like one long injury drinking game. Take a drink, lose a player. If the Cs keep going, take another drink, lose another player, etc. We’ll keep going until we pass out or it’s Kadeem Allen and four G-Leaguers against the West.

Mike
Inb4 Kadeem Allen's series-winning three pointer against Golden State :D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2018, 01:11:32 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Im for him sitting out game 2 .  If he is less than 99% then he may hurt the team more than help even if he does no mor damage .

Im also for him sitting out for his own good .   His passion might cause him to get hurt even more , and miss the rest of the season playoffs.

from what i ve read , he mighteven  be risking reinjury playing in game three.

He said himself it was a two week min recovery time .

This kid has too much to lose playing hurt with that type injury

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2018, 01:34:05 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Sounds like Jaylen has like a Grade 0.5 strain given that there was even a thought about him returning to game 7 against milwaukee and not being ruled out immediately for games 1 and 2 against philly.

This could mean he recovers within days or possibly a week and a half from the time of the injury. So a return anywhere from Game 3 to Game 6 is most likely unless his recovery is atypical.

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Honestly if we manage to win tonight game 2, I hope team rests JB until game 5, which is back in Boston next Wed. The additional extra rest and treatment will minimize chance of recurrence. No point in unnecessary risks, particularly if we are able to advance to next round where he will be needed.

If we lose tonight, will be more pressure to try and bring him back sooner (game 3 or 4). Although even then I hope we keep him out.