Author Topic: Cavs interested in Hayward  (Read 13716 times)

Re: Cavs interested in Hayward
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
hey, where'd the other Hayward thread go?

Locked?

Too many folks banging on the sacred catastrophic injury cow?

Re: Let’s talk Gordon Hayward
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2019, 05:12:07 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Pass.

I think Hayward with a little more time will be solid. Once the whole team commits to running a system and not iso ball his shooting and role with be a positive. Also with Morris and Rozier out Hayward will likely start with Smart being the PG off the bench.

Yeah I don't understand why people just want to get rid of Hayward unless it's for a greater purpose or better player.

First off I’m proud of Gordy for overcoming many of his trials and tribulations that came after His devastation injury and I can’t wait to see the monster he will become!

What are your thoughts on how he progressed this season?
Do you think the Celtics should continue to be patient?
If you want him to stay do you want him to come off the bench or start?
If you choose to start him what position?
What stats or milestones to you foresee in Hayward next season?

My thoughts;

I think Hayward progressed “ok” this season. I truly and honestly seeing Hayward either returning to form or being a great player in a different form, like a rich mans kyle korver. With that being said he doesn’t fit in the Celtics timeline. If we are thinking Banner 18 2020 then we cannot play the wait and see approach “in my opinion”. I think with the youth on the team and the way they run he won’t be able to keep up and will ultimately be holding them back.

What should we do then? Right now I’m going to entertain a rumor that was published by Forbes with cavs being interested in Gordon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/evandammarell/2019/03/08/the-cleveland-cavaliers-should-trade-for-gordon-hayward-this-summer/#46c4c1643571
Also there was another article on Cavs Nation clamoring for Gordon as well centering a trade that would have the team build around Sexton,Love,and Hayward.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2019/04/18/cavs-gladly-trade-gordon-hayward-offseason/
It looks like the Cavs are trying to reach the playoffs but look to offload contracts by 2021 so let’s see what a trade like this would look like;
https://tradenba.com/players?tid=6&tid=2

What would the Cavs roster look like?

PG: C.Sexton/J.Clarkson
SG: Cavs 2019 pick/N.Stauskus
SF: G.Hayward/
PF: K.Love/ L.Nance Jr
C: A.Zizc/ Clippers 2019 pick

Future assets, Celtics 2022 draft pick

What would the Celtics look like?
PG: K. Irving/ B.Knight/B.Wanamaker
SG: M. Smart/J.Brown/J.Smith
SF: J. Tatum/M.Morris/
PF: A. Horford/Theis/Semi
C:  T.Thompson/ Rob 3/

Future assets. Sac pick 2019, Celtics pick 2019, Mem pick 2020

If you don’t like this Celtics roster it’s okay, because we have more salaries to play with as well as assets to trade still. Depending on what the Pels want we have young players, as well as role players who fits the bill for what they want. What you think?

Starts off complimenting him for doing well, then proceeds to trash him by sending him to the dumpster fire that is the Cavaliers. Lol.

Also no one is going to want Thompson... Celtics have had plenty of chances to go after him, but the truth of the matter is, Thompson can only do one thing well. Offensive rebounding. And while that is useful, he's an undersized C, who can't space the floor, cannot pass, isn't that great at setting screens and while had been touted for having above average defense, he sort of fell off the cliff.

He also used to be able to play 82 games, but in the past 3 years, has steadily declined the amount of games played, so that should also be a cause of concern.

The only way Celtics trade Hayward for anyone on the Cavs, it's for cap relief, and JR Smith.

Smith has a unique team option where if he's waived, he immediately removes I believe $14.3 right off the books. Incredibly useful to most teams.

Shoot I’d rather him figure things out there with less pressure than figuring things out here. Kyrie shot 4/22...if there is anyone who needs someone to grab an offensive board it would be him 😏.

In all seriousness Thompson could be exchanged for Henson either way they are nothing but backups and or trade assets for something further along the road. You saying “no one will want” when talking about Thompson is the same thing someone would say about Hayward which is why they are both involved in this trade.

Just sounds like you don't like Hayward.

Also your bolded statement contradicts itself.. Clearly Cleveland wants Hayward, isn't the whole point of this thread? No?

Thompson isn't good, and Hayward used to be an All-Star. I still think Hayward can drop 14/4/5, which are respectable numbers. Thompson averaged 10/10, on one of the worst teams in the East....

I swear people here just lack patience.

As mentioned before, Thompson, Henson, (cannot believe someone uttered Hayward and Henson in the same sentence,) are simply just cap fillers. JR Smith's contract is far more valuable and feasibly useful.

I never said I didn’t like Hayward I’m sorry it sounds like that to you but that’s in accurate. Now you did mention people lack patience, this is something I couldn’t argue against because it is true. I don’t want to wait for something that may or may not happen. It’s like not obtaining another big because we would rather wait TimeLord
To develop. You don’t know what he will develop into if at all which is the same for Gordon.

I did not contradict myself I was responding to you saying that no one wants Thompson. I don’t agree that just like I don’t agree with no one wants Hayward. Thompson could to be used as salary filler. You do understand at this moment right now Hayward isn’t producing like a starter correct? Or do you feel like if the season started right now he would be producing at starter caliber level?

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Locked?

Was moved merged with this although my original post was more on what everyone thoughts on Hayward more than the Cavs rumor. The Cavs rumor was only brought up in that post as an example of what I wouldn’t mind. But I was curious what everyone else thoughts were on him

Re: Let’s talk Gordon Hayward
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Pass.

I think Hayward with a little more time will be solid. Once the whole team commits to running a system and not iso ball his shooting and role with be a positive. Also with Morris and Rozier out Hayward will likely start with Smart being the PG off the bench.

Yeah I don't understand why people just want to get rid of Hayward unless it's for a greater purpose or better player.

First off I’m proud of Gordy for overcoming many of his trials and tribulations that came after His devastation injury and I can’t wait to see the monster he will become!

What are your thoughts on how he progressed this season?
Do you think the Celtics should continue to be patient?
If you want him to stay do you want him to come off the bench or start?
If you choose to start him what position?
What stats or milestones to you foresee in Hayward next season?

My thoughts;

I think Hayward progressed “ok” this season. I truly and honestly seeing Hayward either returning to form or being a great player in a different form, like a rich mans kyle korver. With that being said he doesn’t fit in the Celtics timeline. If we are thinking Banner 18 2020 then we cannot play the wait and see approach “in my opinion”. I think with the youth on the team and the way they run he won’t be able to keep up and will ultimately be holding them back.

What should we do then? Right now I’m going to entertain a rumor that was published by Forbes with cavs being interested in Gordon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/evandammarell/2019/03/08/the-cleveland-cavaliers-should-trade-for-gordon-hayward-this-summer/#46c4c1643571
Also there was another article on Cavs Nation clamoring for Gordon as well centering a trade that would have the team build around Sexton,Love,and Hayward.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2019/04/18/cavs-gladly-trade-gordon-hayward-offseason/
It looks like the Cavs are trying to reach the playoffs but look to offload contracts by 2021 so let’s see what a trade like this would look like;
https://tradenba.com/players?tid=6&tid=2

What would the Cavs roster look like?

PG: C.Sexton/J.Clarkson
SG: Cavs 2019 pick/N.Stauskus
SF: G.Hayward/
PF: K.Love/ L.Nance Jr
C: A.Zizc/ Clippers 2019 pick

Future assets, Celtics 2022 draft pick

What would the Celtics look like?
PG: K. Irving/ B.Knight/B.Wanamaker
SG: M. Smart/J.Brown/J.Smith
SF: J. Tatum/M.Morris/
PF: A. Horford/Theis/Semi
C:  T.Thompson/ Rob 3/

Future assets. Sac pick 2019, Celtics pick 2019, Mem pick 2020

If you don’t like this Celtics roster it’s okay, because we have more salaries to play with as well as assets to trade still. Depending on what the Pels want we have young players, as well as role players who fits the bill for what they want. What you think?

Starts off complimenting him for doing well, then proceeds to trash him by sending him to the dumpster fire that is the Cavaliers. Lol.

Also no one is going to want Thompson... Celtics have had plenty of chances to go after him, but the truth of the matter is, Thompson can only do one thing well. Offensive rebounding. And while that is useful, he's an undersized C, who can't space the floor, cannot pass, isn't that great at setting screens and while had been touted for having above average defense, he sort of fell off the cliff.

He also used to be able to play 82 games, but in the past 3 years, has steadily declined the amount of games played, so that should also be a cause of concern.

The only way Celtics trade Hayward for anyone on the Cavs, it's for cap relief, and JR Smith.

Smith has a unique team option where if he's waived, he immediately removes I believe $14.3 right off the books. Incredibly useful to most teams.

Shoot I’d rather him figure things out there with less pressure than figuring things out here. Kyrie shot 4/22...if there is anyone who needs someone to grab an offensive board it would be him 😏.

In all seriousness Thompson could be exchanged for Henson either way they are nothing but backups and or trade assets for something further along the road. You saying “no one will want” when talking about Thompson is the same thing someone would say about Hayward which is why they are both involved in this trade.

Just sounds like you don't like Hayward.

Also your bolded statement contradicts itself.. Clearly Cleveland wants Hayward, isn't the whole point of this thread? No?

Thompson isn't good, and Hayward used to be an All-Star. I still think Hayward can drop 14/4/5, which are respectable numbers. Thompson averaged 10/10, on one of the worst teams in the East....

I swear people here just lack patience.

As mentioned before, Thompson, Henson, (cannot believe someone uttered Hayward and Henson in the same sentence,) are simply just cap fillers. JR Smith's contract is far more valuable and feasibly useful.

I never said I didn’t like Hayward I’m sorry it sounds like that to you but that’s in accurate. Now you did mention people lack patience, this is something I couldn’t argue against because it is true. I don’t want to wait for something that may or may not happen. It’s like not obtaining another big because we would rather wait TimeLord
To develop. You don’t know what he will develop into if at all which is the same for Gordon.

I did not contradict myself I was responding to you saying that no one wants Thompson. I don’t agree that just like I don’t agree with no one wants Hayward. Thompson could to be used as salary filler. You do understand at this moment right now Hayward isn’t producing like a starter correct? Or do you feel like if the season started right now he would be producing at starter caliber level?

Sure he isn't producing, but trading away Hayward right now without a long-term goal for his cap space just doesn't seem like something smart to do. Plus trading him for Thompson is like 2 quarters for a dollar. I'll take hobbled Hayward for Thompson lol. Maybe I don't like TT.  :P :P

That being said, Ainge doesn't just trade away players at their lowest value. This is something he's known for.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2019, 05:35:06 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
You trade hayward because he will not fit with Irving.

Both are ball dominate to be successfull.

You trade hayward for 2 smaller contract that you can flip for davis.

Hayward for biyombo, parker and monk.

Biyombo(expiring) parker(expiring) tatum, yabusele, rozier s&t. And picks for moore, davis

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
You trade hayward because he will not fit with Irving.

Both are ball dominate to be successfull.

You trade hayward for 2 smaller contract that you can flip for davis.

Hayward for biyombo, parker and monk.

Biyombo(expiring) parker(expiring) tatum, yabusele, rozier s&t. And picks for moore, davis

The Hayward for Biyombo and Parker type deal is interesting, he is better than either. But I suspects that compounds the Hornets luxury tax problems to such a degree that's its probably not feasible.

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2019, 06:14:38 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
No one is taking Haywards deal. You just can hope that after a summer off he can return to his all-star form next year.

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2019, 10:16:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Locked?

[ /quote]

Was moved merged with this although my original post was more on what everyone thoughts on Hayward more than the Cavs rumor. The Cavs rumor was only brought up in that post as an example of what I wouldn’t mind. But I was curious what everyone else thoughts were on him

TP.....Thanks for the explanation! :)