Author Topic: Cavs interested in Hayward  (Read 13725 times)

Re: Cavs interested in Hayward
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 06:16:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Potential Cavs trade not looking so bad now given just how awful Hayward has looked.

It would be funny to have a front office that made crazy drastic changes off a few game swing. I think Hayward had run out of gas this season. Seems reasonable he could come back next year looking great. Look at George
By this time in George's recovery he was already back to full strength and had been for awhile.  George got hurt about a month earlier than Hayward.  George was nearly back to full strength a year after the injury, Hayward is no where close and he is at a year and a half (and by then George was clearly all the way back).  Players are different in how they recover, but Hayward has been back long enough he should be just about 100% physically (and if he isn't or had some other injury, then they should have just shut him down).  I think a lot of his issue is much more mental and there is no guarantee he ever gets that back.

As for the trade, if Irving leaves (and to a lesser extent if Horford leaves), then I don't see any reason why Boston should keep Hayward as he makes no sense with the rest of the very young roster.  I don't know if the Cavs will be the best trade out there, but I do think Boston will look to move Hayward in that scenario.  If Irving stays, I do also think it would be worth exploring Hayward being the main salary piece in a trade for Davis with a team like the Cavs taking Hayward with Smith going to New Orleans along with Tatum (and Boston draft picks), while Clarkson or Henson, Davis, and Moore get sent to Boston.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2019, 06:32:17 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
The hayward deal is with detroit imo.

Let him run with their guys as a point forward

Ideally hayward and williams for drummond and a gallaway

Then team still moves in on davis, and keeping kyrie.

The horford, smart or brown are trade bait for a stud shooting guard...or kept for depth off the bench and for close game lineups. Sign carter lle and sign beverly mle.

Kyrie/beverly/wannamaker
Smart/gallaway/draft
Brown/carter/semi
Davis/horford/theis
Drummond/baynes/lle

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2019, 06:38:49 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Potential Cavs trade not looking so bad now given just how awful Hayward has looked.

It would be funny to have a front office that made crazy drastic changes off a few game swing. I think Hayward had run out of gas this season. Seems reasonable he could come back next year looking great. Look at George
By this time in George's recovery he was already back to full strength and had been for awhile.  George got hurt about a month earlier than Hayward.  George was nearly back to full strength a year after the injury, Hayward is no where close and he is at a year and a half (and by then George was clearly all the way back).  Players are different in how they recover, but Hayward has been back long enough he should be just about 100% physically (and if he isn't or had some other injury, then they should have just shut him down).  I think a lot of his issue is much more mental and there is no guarantee he ever gets that back.

As for the trade, if Irving leaves (and to a lesser extent if Horford leaves), then I don't see any reason why Boston should keep Hayward as he makes no sense with the rest of the very young roster.  I don't know if the Cavs will be the best trade out there, but I do think Boston will look to move Hayward in that scenario.  If Irving stays, I do also think it would be worth exploring Hayward being the main salary piece in a trade for Davis with a team like the Cavs taking Hayward with Smith going to New Orleans along with Tatum (and Boston draft picks), while Clarkson or Henson, Davis, and Moore get sent to Boston.

Hayward had a setback last May that required another surgery, if I remember correctly. Prior to that he was looking great.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2019, 07:15:46 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I actually think Hayward is already back to his pre injury condition.  I just think he's way too passive on this team.  Too many guys need touches and shots and Hayward is content to stay in the background.  I think he could have been forced into a much more significant role over the last 4-6 weeks but that's on Stevens and the team to make Hayward take a bigger role because he's obviously not grabbing the bull by the horns on his own accord.

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 07:51:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Was not  all in on the GH train like most on blog seemed , i still like him better than Jae .   I relented and now I feel sure he was overated , just too passive and most likey too old to change or recoveryif he is still hurt.   Reminds me in some ways of KO.  Paid max for a bench player.

Might need a new coach too.  if DA shuffles off Gordon.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:16:01 AM by SHAQATTACK »

Let’s talk Gordon Hayward
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2019, 04:09:52 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

First off I’m proud of Gordy for overcoming many of his trials and tribulations that came after His devastation injury and I can’t wait to see the monster he will become!

What are your thoughts on how he progressed this season?
Do you think the Celtics should continue to be patient?
If you want him to stay do you want him to come off the bench or start?
If you choose to start him what position?
What stats or milestones to you foresee in Hayward next season?

My thoughts;

I think Hayward progressed “ok” this season. I truly and honestly seeing Hayward either returning to form or being a great player in a different form, like a rich mans kyle korver. With that being said he doesn’t fit in the Celtics timeline. If we are thinking Banner 18 2020 then we cannot play the wait and see approach “in my opinion”. I think with the youth on the team and the way they run he won’t be able to keep up and will ultimately be holding them back.

What should we do then? Right now I’m going to entertain a rumor that was published by Forbes with cavs being interested in Gordon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/evandammarell/2019/03/08/the-cleveland-cavaliers-should-trade-for-gordon-hayward-this-summer/#46c4c1643571
Also there was another article on Cavs Nation clamoring for Gordon as well centering a trade that would have the team build around Sexton,Love,and Hayward.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2019/04/18/cavs-gladly-trade-gordon-hayward-offseason/
It looks like the Cavs are trying to reach the playoffs but look to offload contracts by 2021 so let’s see what a trade like this would look like;
https://tradenba.com/players?tid=6&tid=2

What would the Cavs roster look like?

PG: C.Sexton/J.Clarkson
SG: Cavs 2019 pick/N.Stauskus
SF: G.Hayward/
PF: K.Love/ L.Nance Jr
C: A.Zizc/ Clippers 2019 pick

Future assets, Celtics 2022 draft pick

What would the Celtics look like?
PG: K. Irving/ B.Knight/B.Wanamaker
SG: M. Smart/J.Brown/J.Smith
SF: J. Tatum/M.Morris/
PF: A. Horford/Theis/Semi
C:  T.Thompson/ Rob 3/

Future assets. Sac pick 2019, Celtics pick 2019, Mem pick 2020

If you don’t like this Celtics roster it’s okay, because we have more salaries to play with as well as assets to trade still. Depending on what the Pels want we have young players, as well as role players who fits the bill for what they want. What you think?

Re: Let’s talk Gordon Hayward
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
First off I’m proud of Gordy for overcoming many of his trials and tribulations that came after His devastation injury and I can’t wait to see the monster he will become!

My thoughts;

I think Hayward progressed “ok” this season. I truly and honestly seeing Hayward either returning to form or being a great player in a different form, like a rich mans kyle korver. With that being said he doesn’t fit in the Celtics timeline. If we are thinking Banner 18 2020 then we cannot play the wait and see approach “in my opinion”. I think with the youth on the team and the way they run he won’t be able to keep up and will ultimately be holding them back.

What should we do then? Right now I’m going to entertain a rumor that was published by Forbes with cavs being interested in Gordon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/evandammarell/2019/03/08/the-cleveland-cavaliers-should-trade-for-gordon-hayward-this-summer/#46c4c1643571
Also there was another article on Cavs Nation clamoring for Gordon as well centering a trade that would have the team build around Sexton,Love,and Hayward.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2019/04/18/cavs-gladly-trade-gordon-hayward-offseason/
It looks like the Cavs are trying to reach the playoffs but look to offload contracts by 2021 so let’s see what a trade like this would look like;

If you don’t like this Celtics roster it’s okay, because we have more salaries to play with as well as assets to trade still. Depending on what the Pels want we have young players, as well as role players who fits the bill for what they want. What you think?

Starts off complimenting him for doing well, then proceeds to trash him by sending him to the dumpster fire that is the Cavaliers. Lol.

Also no one is going to want Thompson... Celtics have had plenty of chances to go after him, but the truth of the matter is, Thompson can only do one thing well. Offensive rebounding. And while that is useful, he's an undersized C, who can't space the floor, cannot pass, isn't that great at setting screens and while had been touted for having above average defense, he sort of fell off the cliff.

He also used to be able to play 82 games, but in the past 3 years, has steadily declined the amount of games played, so that should also be a cause of concern.

The only way Celtics trade Hayward for anyone on the Cavs, it's for cap relief, and JR Smith.

Smith has a unique team option where if he's waived, he immediately removes I believe $14.3 right off the books. Incredibly useful to most teams.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Pass.

I think Hayward with a little more time will be solid. Once the whole team commits to running a system and not iso ball his shooting and role will be a positive. Also with Morris and Rozier out Hayward will likely start with Smart being the PG off the bench.

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2019, 04:32:25 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

My thoughts;

Starts off complimenting him for doing well, then proceeds to trash him by sending him to the dumpster fire that is the Cavaliers. Lol.

Also no one is going to want Thompson... Celtics have had plenty of chances to go after him, but the truth of the matter is, Thompson can only do one thing well. Offensive rebounding. And while that is useful, he's an undersized C, who can't space the floor, cannot pass, isn't that great at setting screens and while had been touted for having above average defense, he sort of fell off the cliff.

He also used to be able to play 82 games, but in the past 3 years, has steadily declined the amount of games played, so that should also be a cause of concern.

The only way Celtics trade Hayward for anyone on the Cavs, it's for cap relief, and JR Smith.

Smith has a unique team option where if he's waived, he immediately removes I believe $14.3 right off the books. Incredibly useful to most teams.

Shoot I’d rather him figure things out there with less pressure than figuring things out here. Kyrie shot 4/22...if there is anyone who needs someone to grab an offensive board it would be him 😏.

In all seriousness Thompson could be exchanged for Henson either way they are nothing but backups and or trade assets for something further along the road. You saying “no one will want” when talking about Thompson is the same thing someone would say about Hayward which is why they are both involved in this trade.

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2019, 04:32:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Pass.

I think Hayward with a little more time will be solid. Once the whole team commits to running a system and not iso ball his shooting and role with be a positive. Also with Morris and Rozier out Hayward will likely start with Smart being the PG off the bench.

Yeah I don't understand why people just want to get rid of Hayward unless it's for a greater purpose or better player.

My thoughts;

Shoot I’d rather him figure things out there with less pressure than figuring things out here. Kyrie shot 4/22...if there is anyone who needs someone to grab an offensive board it would be him 😏.

In all seriousness Thompson could be exchanged for Henson either way they are nothing but backups and or trade assets for something further along the road. You saying “no one will want” when talking about Thompson is the same thing someone would say about Hayward which is why they are both involved in this trade.

Just sounds like you don't like Hayward.

Also your bolded statement contradicts itself.. Clearly Cleveland wants Hayward, isn't the whole point of this thread? No?

Thompson isn't good, and Hayward used to be an All-Star. I still think Hayward can drop 14/4/5, which are respectable numbers. Thompson averaged 10/10, on one of the worst teams in the East....

I swear people here just lack patience.

As mentioned before, Thompson, Henson, (cannot believe someone uttered Hayward and Henson in the same sentence,) are simply just cap fillers. JR Smith's contract is far more valuable and feasibly useful.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
My thoughts: you need some one like Davis to spread the floor for Gordon and maximize his game

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2019, 04:46:52 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Trade him for Klay Thompson in a SnT with GS rather than them lose him for nothing in FA.

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2019, 04:49:16 PM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Worst contract in the NBA.

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2019, 05:06:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Let him go play his video games.

Maybe he"ll have some success with that.

Doesn't take much courage to play those.

Man, we have a combination of the Tin Man and the cowardly lion.

No heart and no courage!

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2019, 05:07:22 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Worst contract in the NBA.

john wall