Author Topic: Cavs interested in Hayward  (Read 13728 times)

Re: Cavs interested in Hayward
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm certain that as the playoffs continue on for BOS and we continue to advance AND as GH continues to play well not only will CLE show interest in him but OTHERS will, too.

Can't have him.

His numbers don't jump out at you from the last Indy game but his TWO key buckets towards the end help to seal the deal for us.

Kyrie brought us to the 10 yard line and Tatum and GH punched it in the end zone.

It is GH's play ESPECIALLY that will help influence Kyrie's decision to STAY in GREEN.....

I have a feeling that by the time it's said and done Kyrie will be waiting outside Danny's office at midnight on 01July to put all this signing stuff to rest - and it will be because of Hayward's continued improvement AND play.

He is our GLUE.

He is going nowhere.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I'm certain that as the playoffs continue on for BOS and we continue to advance AND as GH continues to play well not only will CLE show interest in him but OTHERS will, too.

Can't have him.

His numbers don't jump out at you from the last Indy game but his TWO key buckets towards the end help to seal the deal for us.

Kyrie brought us to the 10 yard line and Tatum and GH punched it in the end zone.

It is GH's play ESPECIALLY that will help influence Kyrie's decision to STAY in GREEN.....

I have a feeling that by the time it's said and done Kyrie will be waiting outside Danny's office at midnight on 01July to put all this signing stuff to rest - and it will be because of Hayward's continued improvement AND play.

He is our GLUE.

He is going nowhere.

Well said, TP. I agree one hundred percent. Cleveland is also dreaming if they think we would dump Hayward and give them our top picks as well. I think they still have Lebron inside their heads and are clearly delusional. Hayward will even be better for us next year- He plays like a true Celtics player does, unselfishly. I think he looks great alongside Tatum and Kyrie and Big Al.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 09:29:58 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Can't have him.

He is our GLUE.

He is going nowhere.

Well said, TP. I agree one hundred percent. Cleveland is also dreaming if they think we would dump Hayward and give them our top picks as well. I think they still have Lebron inside their heads and are clearly delusional. Hayward will even be better for us next year- He plays like a true Celtics player does, unselfishly. I think he looks great alongside Tatum and Kyrie and Big Al.

Now that Gordon is much closer to 100%, we can observe his fit with Kyrie.

I'm still having a problem seeing them fit together, to be honest.  Hayward seems to play his best ball when Kyrie is not on the court.  He is much more effective when the offense flows through him. The way he played with his Jazz team.

When he is on the court with Kyrie, he is still often stuck in the corner.  It just seems a waste of his talents.

It might be best for the team, and for Gordon, if the Celtics consider trading him, in the event Kyrie signs. I doubt a trade to Cleveland makes sense. But maybe he needs to included in the package sent to New Orleans.  I refrained from mentioning him in any trade for Davis until now. But if he demonstrates that he is physically back on a consistent basis, but is unable to meld well with Kyrie Irving, we may have to concede that they don't really fit together.

I think this is as much Gordon's problem (deferring to Kyrie too much) as it is Kyrie's problem (let Gordon run the offense more when the two are playing together).  Of course this is not to say that anyone, including Michael Jordan, would gladly defer to Kyrie when he is going off like he did for us last game. It's the other moments that I am talking about.

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 09:31:42 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Can't have him.

He is our GLUE.

He is going nowhere.

Again this idea was solely Hayward for Smith and Henson or Clarkson.  No picks at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 09:39:07 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
GH is the only guy on our team that knows how to move without the ball.  That last bucket where Tatum found him cutting was awesome.   No one our team cuts like Gordo.....   I really think all we need is a younger AL horford to be the best team in basketball next year.   

Kyrie
Tatum
Hayward

Thats a nice blend of talent.   

If a package of Smart, Brown Scary Terry. Morris and picks would have gotten the AD deal done I assume Danny would have done it.   But that Rose Rule really screwed us.  No we might lose Kyrie, Terry and Morris for nothing.   
Diggles

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 03:27:15 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I think a lot of teams will be interested in Hayward as an expiring 33 million dollar contract next season. 

Hopefully Danny's able to pick up a late first and a useful vet for him.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 10:38:08 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I think a lot of teams will be interested in Hayward as an expiring 33 million dollar contract next season. 

I may be confused about what you're saying but Hayward has a player option for '20-21 and it's hard for me to imagine he has a good enough season next year that he doesn't pick up that option.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I may be confused about what you're saying but Hayward has a player option for '20-21 and it's hard for me to imagine he has a good enough season next year that he doesn't pick up that option.

It's hard to pay attention to details when you're busy hatin'

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Hayward's contract is problematic.  If he doesn't improve a lot next season, he'll certainly pick up his 30M+ player option.   If he does return to his pre-injury form, he'll opt out and then you'll either lose him or have to overpay to keep him.  I consider him a negative value trade asset. 

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Hayward's contract is problematic.  If he doesn't improve a lot next season, he'll certainly pick up his 30M+ player option.   If he does return to his pre-injury form, he'll opt out and then you'll either lose him or have to overpay to keep him.  I consider him a negative value trade asset.

I did not like us signing Hayward. I did not think he was worth a big contract.

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Oh my God he does... I did not think it was possible for his contract to get any worse.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 11:35:08 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

All the more reason to use him in an AD trade. If he really comes on in the playoffs and a third team is interested, that makes a Davis trade a lot simpler to make.

Oh my God he does... I did not think it was possible for his contract to get any worse.

lol

Sorry, man.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I was thinking this exactly.

We are stuck with him, for better or worse. Hopefully for better as his last month's play has hinted at, and as others have said, I feel that his performance is directly related to Kyrie's desire to stay. Not a real strong night last night, but key tip-in and some good, heady play. Let's hope he looks better as the playoffs go on, and we with them.

I wonder if the Warriors would be interested? With KD about to leave town, and possibly Klay after him, maybe a S&T with the Warriors for Durant or a trade for Klay or Draymond?

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2019, 12:16:02 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673

I think there’s pretty much no chance that he opts out in search of a bigger payday.  He’s due to make $34M in that year and he’ll be on the other side of 30.  No chance in hell that anybody pays him more than that whether he returns to form or not.

I doubt he opts out in either case unless he’s looking to restructure (a less money, more years type of thing) or unless he’s just done here for reasons other than money.

That said, I do agree that he has no value as a trade asset right now. 

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
A bad time to trade Hayward. He is just beginning to come around.