Author Topic: 95% Chance' Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Join NY” Stephen A  (Read 9290 times)

Re: 95% Chance' Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Join NY” Stephen A
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 08:05:41 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
We'll know in a month if Stephen A. is right or wrong.

I think Ainge will try to convince Kyrie to play with AD for 1 year.
If that doesn't work out then Kyrie can leave next summer.

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 08:28:25 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Then that summer we have a chance to loose Kyrie and AD as well as the assets it took to obtain AD...don’t think that’s a plan.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 08:53:08 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I do believe the Knicks plan it to get KD and  Kyrie while trading the top 1 or 2 pick with Knox and some others for AD.

Tonight is a big night.  We don’t want the Knicks with the 1st pick, and probably not the 2nd or 3rd pick either.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 09:08:36 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If the Knicks do land Durant and Irving, I'm not so sure they would trade for Davis if they had Zion.  I think they might just keep Zion as the 3rd option, while also keeping Smith, Knox, Robinson, and Ntkilina.  That team has a much clearer hierarchy and roles than if they were to add Davis to Durant and Irving.  I mean is Davis really going to be happy as the 3rd option (and he almost assuredly would be as Irving will have the ball and Durant is just better).  You keep Zion, then he is a very happy 3rd option and they still have all of their young player depth.  That team makes a lot more sense in many respects.  Now if they only land Durant, then absolutely trade Zion for Davis and get that 2nd star to pair with Durant that way. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 10:32:40 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I look forward to beating them in the playoffs!  ;)

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 10:35:31 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

If the Knicks do land Durant and Irving, I'm not so sure they would trade for Davis if they had Zion.  I think they might just keep Zion as the 3rd option, while also keeping Smith, Knox, Robinson, and Ntkilina.  That team has a much clearer hierarchy and roles than if they were to add Davis to Durant and Irving.  I mean is Davis really going to be happy as the 3rd option (and he almost assuredly would be as Irving will have the ball and Durant is just better).  You keep Zion, then he is a very happy 3rd option and they still have all of their young player depth.  That team makes a lot more sense in many respects.  Now if they only land Durant, then absolutely trade Zion for Davis and get that 2nd star to pair with Durant that way.

Yes Davis would be just fine at whatever option he would be with KD and Kyrie. He’s winning and getting paid the same amount of money and not have to kill himself doing EVERYTHING what’s not to be happy about? Like saying the same thing about KD when he went to the Warriors when there was already Thompson and Curry

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 10:59:20 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I mean, Kyrie should probably come out and say that he hasn’t decided yet and is still considering re-signing with Boston. Right?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 11:06:14 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I mean, Kyrie should probably come out and say that he hasn’t decided yet and is still considering re-signing with Boston. Right?

unless DA comes up with plan and a masterful sell job, and/or other options KI has falls through, he isn't staying

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 11:11:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Yes Davis would be just fine at whatever option he would be with KD and Kyrie. He’s winning and getting paid the same amount of money and not have to kill himself doing EVERYTHING what’s not to be happy about? Like saying the same thing about KD when he went to the Warriors when there was already Thompson and Curry
That stuff doesn't always work out.  There are quite often fit and role problems on teams.  Adding 3 guys used to being #1 and throwing them together may not work out all that well, especially when Durant and Irving is just fine as a duo surrounded by the young guys (or maybe you trade some of the lesser young guys for some veterans).  Bring in a couple of vets as free agents and the Knicks are a championship level team without bringing in Davis.  I mean what if Davis gets there and doesn't like his role or fit.  What if the Knicks just don't work.  Davis then leaves after a year and the Knicks traded Williamson and other pieces for a one year rental.  I really don't think they trade Zion for Davis if they land both Durant and Irving.  If they only land one of them, then trading Zion for Davis makes far more sense.

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2019, 11:17:11 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

That stuff doesn't always work out.  There are quite often fit and role problems on teams.  Adding 3 guys used to being #1 and throwing them together may not work out all that well, especially when Durant and Irving is just fine as a duo surrounded by the young guys (or maybe you trade some of the lesser young guys for some veterans).  Bring in a couple of vets as free agents and the Knicks are a championship level team without bringing in Davis.  I mean what if Davis gets there and doesn't like his role or fit.  What if the Knicks just don't work.  Davis then leaves after a year and the Knicks traded Williamson and other pieces for a one year rental.  I really don't think they trade Zion for Davis if they land both Durant and Irving.  If they only land one of them, then trading Zion for Davis makes far more sense.

All I can say is what If it were the Celtics, you would want AD,KD, and Kyrie right? Them working together I’d obviously the risk you would take over an unproven rookie correct? Right now Zion is a dinner which is perfect for a team that no one watches as he will sell tickets regardless if they win or lose because he’s exciting. KD, Kyrie, and AD are vets who want to win and who have already proved they are max contract players so they have nothing to prove in that regard.

The only reason you would really argue about them being on the same team is because they aren’t going to Celtics.

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

i agree , DA did not even want to chance losing Brown for One year of Kawhi ,  so it stands to reason he would not do this strategy and loose all those assets .  There are gms that might try it,  Danny isn't one of those.

Then that summer we have a chance to loose Kyrie and AD as well as the assets it took to obtain AD...don’t think that’s a plan.

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

All I can say is what If it were the Celtics, you would want AD,KD, and Kyrie right? Them working together I’d obviously the risk you would take over an unproven rookie correct? Right now Zion is a dinner which is perfect for a team that no one watches as he will sell tickets regardless if they win or lose because he’s exciting. KD, Kyrie, and AD are vets who want to win and who have already proved they are max contract players so they have nothing to prove in that regard.

The only reason you would really argue about them being on the same team is because they aren’t going to Celtics.
Not at all. I actually would make the same argument if Boston could somehow bring in Durant (and didn't also have Tatum, Brown, etc. - as more assets means you don't sell the farm).  I just don't think it makes sense for NY to sell off all of their youth, deplete their bench to basically just having 3 guys under contract, etc. to add Davis to Durant and Irving.  I don't really think that is a super great fit and has way too many mouths to feed.  Then you still have the real possibility of Davis leaving after 1 year and in that scenario you would have given up the best prospect to enter the league in awhile for a one year train wreck.  Now if NY had 2 or 3 top tier prospects plus salary filler and a lot of depth (more like Boston if Durant was just plopped onto the team), perhaps that risk is worthwhile, but in this actual scenario, NY would basically have to trade every single player they have on the team to make the dollars work, so they would essentially be Durant, Irving, Davis, and whatever veteran minimum free agents or undrafted rookies they can sign.  It just doesn't make sense to take that kind of risk on a one year rental, especially when if Zion doesn't fit well, they can just move him for a 3rd star later in the year or the following summer.  It might not be Davis, but a trade will be there for the Knicks. 

Sometimes it just makes more sense to not acquire a star and to actually build a team around the other 2 stars you would already have.  They just don't need Davis if they already have Durant and Irving.

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

He should say something in the next week. Let people know where he stands. Let fans know.

I doubt he will though. Usually he lets the media storm last for awhile first. I think he enjoys all the attention - no matter how hard he contests that publicly - because there have been lots of occasions in the past where he could have shut down stories in the press but chose not to for inordinately long times.

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He should say something in the next week. Let people know where he stands. Let fans know.

I doubt he will though. Usually he lets the media storm last for awhile first. I think he enjoys all the attention - no matter how hard he contests that publicly - because there have been lots of occasions in the past where he could have shut down stories in the press but chose not to for inordinately long times.

Literally no FA has had to respond to rumors to "let people know where he stands" ahead of FA. Not Lebron, not KD, not Gordon. Why is one guy judged by a completely different set of standards?

If he doesn't say something in May, he likes the attention? Meanwhile, he's dropped off the grid, he's not doing media rounds and his family isn't subtweeting or posting passive aggressive things on other social media platforms like other guys. Okay.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2019, 01:06:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Literally no FA has had to respond to rumors to "let people know where he stands" ahead of FA. Not Lebron, not KD, not Gordon. Why is one guy judged by a completely different set of standards?

If he doesn't say something in May, he likes the attention? Meanwhile, he's dropped off the grid, he's not doing media rounds and his family isn't subtweeting or posting passive aggressive things on other social media platforms like other guys. Okay.

I think they should also.

Not KD because GSW season is still going on but after the season he should give GSW fans a heads up if he is thinking about leaving.

I thought LeBron should have done so when he was in Miami and left for Cleveland and when he was in Cleveland and left for LA.

And if Kyrie doesn't know yet what he wants to do, say that.