Author Topic: Thybulle Celtics promise?  (Read 10268 times)

Re: Thybulle Celtics promise?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 04:33:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The one guy I hope the Celts are able to draft is Brandon Clarke who is all over draft mock boards

8-19 range

He looks like a very good "fit" under CBS, small ball system.   Can guard all over the floor, but also rebound and is a top notch shot blocker
he is a skilled player. but he is almost 23 years old and his wing span is 6'8.25". crocodile territory. but at 14, virtually everyone will have some sort of flaw.

I Like Alexander Walker at 14

6-5 pg/sg with a 6-9 wingspan who can create, handle the ball and shoot/drive to rim on very solid shooting percentages.

Kid can to everything very well, just isnt great at anything.

Who?

Havent seen such player listed anywhere in the 1st round
He is talking about Nick Alexander Walker. He is a first round likely player.
he's great. No weaknesses other than strength

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 04:45:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The one guy I hope the Celts are able to draft is Brandon Clarke who is all over draft mock boards

8-19 range

He looks like a very good "fit" under CBS, small ball system.   Can guard all over the floor, but also rebound and is a top notch shot blocker
he is a skilled player. but he is almost 23 years old and his wing span is 6'8.25". crocodile territory. but at 14, virtually everyone will have some sort of flaw.

6-5 pg/sg with a 6-9 wingspan who can create, handle the ball and shoot/drive to rim on very solid shooting percentages.

Who?

He looks slim

Why is he projected to go late lotto vs earlier?

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 05:10:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Maybe with one of the 20s....but please take some shooting.

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2019, 05:24:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Maybe with one of the 20s....but please take some shooting.

But no rj hunter please

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 06:20:12 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

8-19 range

Who?

Yes.

He is slated between picks 12 ans 18 right now.

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 06:25:14 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

8-19 range

Who?

He looks slim

Good question.

He is not great dealing with contact and finishing through it. And he gets a little careless at times.

But I think those are both remedies with natural human growth. He will thicken up as he gets a little older and his maturity level will rise playing with better players.

Imo he should be top 10 and is potentially the second best pg in the draft

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
No weaknesses other than strength

I love this.

Add, great shooter other than accuracy, and he's perfect!

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 01:28:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

8-19 range

Who?

He looks slim

Good question.

He is not great dealing with contact and finishing through it. And he gets a little careless at times.

But I think those are both remedies with natural human growth. He will thicken up as he gets a little older and his maturity level will rise playing with better players.

you sure?!?

I doubt it.  Usually its not about the "physical" vs "mental"

if he doesn't like contact now, he will sure as heck not like it at the nba level

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

8-19 range

Who?

He looks slim

Good question.

you sure?!?

if he doesn't like contact now, he will sure as heck not like it at the nba level
VA resident here and I've watched both VT and UVA this year. I really like NAW.  He has the potential to be a really good 3rd guard/6th man. I actually like him as much as Hunter from UVA. Hunter has more size and defensive versatility but NAW is a better prospect as ball handler, passer and scorer.  Hunter has a tendency to disappear, Jeff Green style. NAW is more aggressive and more likely to reach his ceiling as an elite role player/6th man on a contender than Hunter. I like Hunter, just not early in the lottery like he's being projected. 

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2019, 02:46:08 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

8-19 range

Who?

He looks slim

Good question.

you sure?!?

I never said he didnt like contact.

I said he wasnt great at dealing with it. There is a difference there. He doesnt shy away from it at all, just doesnt finish as much as a person would like to see.

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2019, 04:14:25 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Just tossing this out there. If the Thybulle promise is legit. ( That is a big if ) I have a few thoughts.

1. I don't think this would effect a AD trade. I doubt that NO really would want 3 picks from the Cs in this draft as part of the trade. They are more likely to ask the Cs to keep 22nd pick in what is largely considered a weak/role player draft and instead look for future pick(s). With that potential of loosing a lot of depth to a trade DA may be looking to lock in a potential rotation ready wing in Thybulle.

2. If a major trade doesn't happen I have long suspected the Cs will look to move one of their picks for a future pick or at least take a draft and stash. After that I would like to see them take one high floor player (Thybulle fits that bill) then look for a higher ceiling player. A few International/high ceiling combos I would like to see on the Cs look at

International Targets

Doumbouya, big wing likely going top 10 (Cs would likly have to use pick #14)
Bitgadze, center would probably goes 10-20 (Cs would likly have to use pick #14)
Samanic, big wing seems all over but likely 20-30 (Cs could likly have to use pick #20)

Higher Ceiling Targets

PJ Washington, big wing who I hesitate to call a high ceiling player but at the same time will be 20 on draft day and could really grow as a player if he can continue to develop his perimeter game. I think he goes 10-20 (Cs would likly have to use pick #14)

Nassir Little, big wing who has great physical tools but must prove that he can defend smaller players on the perimeter at a high level and hit outside shots. He is a likely lottery pick. (Cs could likly have to use pick #14)

KZ Okpala, big wing who has great height/length to go along with a primarily perimeter based skill set. He appears most projected to go 20-30 (Cs could likly have to use pick #20)

Jalen Lecque, a PG/combo guard with great size and elite athletic ability. He is super raw but also has the physical tools to be the steal of the draft. His range is hard to gauge but I suspect he goes 20-35. (Cs could likly have to use pick #20)

Nic Claxton, a unique big man who need to develop physically but has shown a comfort level on the perimeter that sets him apart from most bigs. I suspect he goes post lottery 14-25. (Cs could likly have to use pick #20)

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 04:34:14 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
2nd round promise I hope. Sure he hustles on D but it's a zone scheme that's what you do in zone. Guy can't shoot, struggles dribbling, struggles passing and isn't physical. I like him as a college player but NBA no. He is senior guard who is like 2 years behind in overall skills development and may have simply peaked already. I see European player.
you may very well have watched thybulle more than i have and know more. but from what i have seen this guy is not the product of a zone defense. incredible hustle and defensive smarts. his shooting at 3 pointers is poor, 30.5%. but his FT is 85%. so, there is hope, especially given smart's progression.

i watched the videos, only a few, and came away impressed by his effort and smarts on defense.

we are talking bottom 1/3 of the first round. the likelihood that there will be a player with a nba skill there is low. thybulle has one clear nba skill - great defense.

assuming he does not develop an outside shot, and that is quite likely, i see a super-semi role for thybulle. play 15 minutes a night of shutdown defense on someone. energy off the bench.

he is 22 years old. but at #20 or so, they all have flaws, but they all don't have a nba skill.

His shooting on threes was only poor on the small sample of this last season.  A single college season is too small to really read too much into (just 34 games in this case).  That is literally just a 151 3PA sample.   His larger 4-year sample size of 534 attempts has him at a decent 35.8% 3PT%.

Similarly, his 4-year sample of FTA (216 attempts) has him at a solid 78.2% FT%.

The guy is probably not going to be Ray Allen.  But he seems likely to be a passable shooter.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Forget defense..i want offense!!..Warriors win with offense not defense

Bingo. We need shooters.

remember what Mick said...

" You can't aways get what ya want "

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
2nd round promise I hope. Sure he hustles on D but it's a zone scheme that's what you do in zone. Guy can't shoot, struggles dribbling, struggles passing and isn't physical. I like him as a college player but NBA no. He is senior guard who is like 2 years behind in overall skills development and may have simply peaked already. I see European player.
you may very well have watched thybulle more than i have and know more. but from what i have seen this guy is not the product of a zone defense. incredible hustle and defensive smarts. his shooting at 3 pointers is poor, 30.5%. but his FT is 85%. so, there is hope, especially given smart's progression.

i watched the videos, only a few, and came away impressed by his effort and smarts on defense.

we are talking bottom 1/3 of the first round. the likelihood that there will be a player with a nba skill there is low. thybulle has one clear nba skill - great defense.

assuming he does not develop an outside shot, and that is quite likely, i see a super-semi role for thybulle. play 15 minutes a night of shutdown defense on someone. energy off the bench.

he is 22 years old. but at #20 or so, they all have flaws, but they all don't have a nba skill.

His shooting on threes was only poor on the small sample of this last season.  A single college season is too small to really read too much into (just 34 games in this case).  That is literally just a 151 3PA sample.   His larger 4-year sample size of 534 attempts has him at a decent 35.8% 3PT%.

Similarly, his 4-year sample of FTA (216 attempts) has him at a solid 78.2% FT%.

The guy is probably not going to be Ray Allen.  But he seems likely to be a passable shooter.
Problem is also it being such a small sample and also a low percentage from college 3. Shows he wasn't used as a scorer and isnt developed as a senior. Four year guys should be better than he is.

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2019, 01:12:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wow. So he did get picked with a  C’s pick, technically  ;D