Author Topic: Congrats to to the San Francisco Giants!  (Read 2645 times)

Congrats to to the San Francisco Giants!
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:39:41 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Not a native San Franciscoan myself, but some people close to me are huge Giants fans, so I've been following the post-season closely.  It's been exciting, though it doesn't compare to the thrill of watching a hometown team fight their way to a championship.

Definitely a bit frustrating to watch all of these talented, well-managed teams -- especially the Giants, who are so selfless and likable -- as a Red Sox fan.  Glad to see the baseball season finally over.

Congrats to the Giants and all their fans!  They fought so hard and nobody could have deserved it more.  As Jim Leyland said after the game, it was no contest.  They were the last team standing, and they are the world champs.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Congrats to to the San Francisco Giants!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Yeah, though Red Sox are definitely my #1 team, I really enjoyed watching this Giants team.  They had so much fun out there.  The biggest thing for me which made the world series watchable was how fast the pitchers pitch.  They got the ball and threw, I hope Farrell can make that switch this year!  No more waiting 20 seconds between pitch.
do it

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Yeah, though Red Sox are definitely my #1 team, I really enjoyed watching this Giants team.  They had so much fun out there.  The biggest thing for me which made the world series watchable was how fast the pitchers pitch.  They got the ball and threw, I hope Farrell can make that switch this year!  No more waiting 20 seconds between pitch.

To be honest, they can't pitch fast enough to sustain my interest.  I tried to get through an entire inning a few times during the MLB playoffs and I just couldn't stand it.  I flipped over to the WS last night -- it was 3-3 in the 8th and I still couldn't will myself to watch the rest.

I loved watching the stats when I was a kid, but I just can't stand the game now. I don't even have interest in the Sox anymore.  I know it is all a matter of taste and opinion, but baseball just doesn't do it for me.

But...Congrats to SF Giants fans everywhere.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:53:25 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Yup Congrats

p.s. San Francisco is a city I really like

Not as much as Boston of course but I really like.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i been a tiger fan since kurt gibson

im sad

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Perhaps the most boring, uneventful World Series in recent memory (except the last couple innings of the last game).

But yeah, the Giants worked hard for it, so congratulations to them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I 'm not sure I could name a single Giants player 3 months before they reached the series. 

Long as it wasn't the Yankees ;D ...its cool.