Author Topic: Wade end of game dunk  (Read 11038 times)

Re: Wade end of game dunk
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Sadly for Lebron, he will wake up in June staring at KG on his box of Wheaties. He will then give up eating breakfast forever.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:12 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
After LeBron James declared that closing out the Philadelphia 76ers in Game 5 of its playoff series was akin to the Miami Heat “finishing our breakfast,” the star inspired a roar of laughter and eye rolls in the visiting locker room.

Philadelphia guard Lou Williams passed out breakfast nicknames to his 76ers teammates prior to tip on Wednesday night at American Airlines Arena, including the dubbing of 7-footer Spencer Hawes(notes) as “Over Easy” and forward Andres Nocioni(notes) as “Huevos Rancheros.”

“We not only took exception to the quote, but to the analogy,” Hawes told Yahoo! Sports before Game 5. “A lot of times people don’t finish breakfast. It’s kind of one of those deals where you’re not very hungry in the morning, and you might take a couple of bites to get you going, and then you roll out the door … Not a great analogy, I don’t think.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_sixers_upset_by_lebron_breakfast_analogy_042711

Haha, this whole BreakfastGate thing has been pretty amusing...I also liked this other quote from Philly, although unrelated to what Lebron said:

When it was suggested to Philadelphia’s Spencer Hawes(notes) that the Heat stars still take turns more than they flourish in the flow of an offense, he agreed.

“It sure seems like that – even down the stretch of games,” Hawes told Yahoo! Sports. “Fortunately for them, their talent is as good as anybody in the league. But basketball is a team sport, and you can see why Boston has been successful. They all get the ball. What you get with [the Heat] are just what I call ‘talent plays,’ where their talent trumps the guy who is guarding them. But in Boston, they get everybody involved …”

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:41 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The Heat took 5 games to finish their "breakfast"...they won't have enough time to finish their "lunch"...restaurant closed.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »

Offline samantha28

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 156
The best quote of all:

"To be honest, I think it might be kinda difficult for them," said Sixers guard Jrue Holiday. "Their big three against the fabulous four. They'd better watch out for Rajon Rondo. He's one of the smartest players in the league. You know, Mario Chalmers played well for the Heat tonight."

Pause.

"He's going to have to play like that every night."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/shaun_powell/04/28/heat-sixers-game-5-feature/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Jrue Holliday, I like the way you think.

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Dessert, huh?  A choking big helping of Humble Pie, perhaps?

You know how I think?  Life is short, give them dessert now!  Then after they have choked....go out and have a good dinner.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:55:09 PM by thirstyboots18 »
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I thought it was pretty classless, but also out of character for Wade, so I don't read much into it.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
   He was just happy to make it to the next round.  No harm no foul.  But that kind of stuff shows the difference in professionalism between the Celtics and the Heat. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
The best quote of all:

"To be honest, I think it might be kinda difficult for them," said Sixers guard Jrue Holiday. "Their big three against the fabulous four. They'd better watch out for Rajon Rondo. He's one of the smartest players in the league. You know, Mario Chalmers played well for the Heat tonight."

Pause.

"He's going to have to play like that every night."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/shaun_powell/04/28/heat-sixers-game-5-feature/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Jrue Holliday, I like the way you think.
So reading it at the end are the Celtics LeBron's lunch?
Besides that I liked what Jrue said and what the other players said. This series is probably the only series where the Lakers and Celtics along every other team fan base and probably players are rooting for the Celtics. They have to bring it Sunday and I know they might be nervous or the new bench players at least.