Author Topic: Rumor: Chicago to offer Noah, Deng for Carmelo?  (Read 13670 times)

Re: Rumor: Chicago to offer Noah, Deng for Carmelo?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 02:38:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I just think with Rose, Boozer, and Anthony the Bulls would be a Phoenix Suns type no-defense team.  And you know all three want to put up big shot attempt numbers.  

Derrick Rose has become a lot better on defense.  Boozer and Anthony are closer to average than terrible, I think.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I also don't think he's got what it takes in his heart or in his head to lead a team to a championship.

Maybe not, but he did lead Syracuse to one.  Apples and oranges, of course, but Carmelo has come up big before.
7 straight playoff berths in the West isn't nothing either.

6 of those 7 berths resulted in 1st round exits, with a cumulative record of 24-6.

I think the Dominique comparisons are quite apt.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
If I'm Denver, I don't give them Melo without getting Rose in return.  Chicago might still do it for Deng and Rose.  Gives them a frontcourt of Melo, Boozer and Noah.  that'd be one helluva lineup

There’s no way that would happen, Denver doesn’t even think that’s possible.

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 03:18:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If I'm Denver, I don't give them Melo without getting Rose in return.  Chicago might still do it for Deng and Rose.  Gives them a frontcourt of Melo, Boozer and Noah.  that'd be one helluva lineup

If I'm Chicago, I'm walking away if Denver's asking Deng+Rose.  

Yeah, Chicago isn't stupid; they know that Denver has very little leverage right now.
I agree, but again, if I'm Denver, I'd be asking for Rose since he's really the only comparable talent to Melo on their roster.  toss in the consideration of taking on Deng's contract and that's not an unreasonable proposal from their side of it. 

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If I'm Denver, I don't give them Melo without getting Rose in return.  Chicago might still do it for Deng and Rose.  Gives them a frontcourt of Melo, Boozer and Noah.  that'd be one helluva lineup

and I would have said the same thing about the Gasol deal for the Lakers and that deal went through.  After that fiasco, I believe any deal is possible whether I think it's a good/realistic one or not.

well, let me add a caveat to that statement -- any deal that doesn't involved some of the outrageously lopsided proposals posted on this site. 

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

and I would have said the same thing about the Gasol deal for the Lakers and that deal went through.  After that fiasco, I believe any deal is possible whether I think it's a good/realistic one or not.

well, let me add a caveat to that statement -- any deal that doesn't involved some of the outrageously lopsided proposals posted on this site. 

Derrick Rose is the beating heart of that Bulls team. He's going to be there for a long time. When they were trying to sign LeBron, Rose wouldn't give his blessing. LeBron didn't sign.

I could see them trading Rose/Deng for Billups/Melo, but the money doesn't work, and honestly I still think the Bulls are getting screwed there.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

and I would have said the same thing about the Gasol deal for the Lakers and that deal went through.  After that fiasco, I believe any deal is possible whether I think it's a good/realistic one or not.

Derrick Rose is the beating heart of that Bulls team. He's going to be there for a long time. When they were trying to sign LeBron, Rose wouldn't give his blessing. LeBron didn't sign.

I could see them trading Rose/Deng for Billups/Melo, but the money doesn't work, and honestly I still think the Bulls are getting screwed there.

Plus Chris Wallace isn't GM of Chicago.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If I'm Chicago, I'm walking away if Denver's asking Deng+Rose.  

Yeah, Chicago isn't stupid; they know that Denver has very little leverage right now.
I agree, but again, if I'm Denver, I'd be asking for Rose since he's really the only comparable talent to Melo on their roster.  toss in the consideration of taking on Deng's contract and that's not an unreasonable proposal from their side of it. 

It's a good proposal, but I think Denver would have to back off it pretty quickly if they wanted to get something done.

It's kind of like Minnesota asking for both Big Al and Rondo (plus Gerald and Gomes and #1s and cap relief).  Minnesota probably knew they were overreaching, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
There's a timing problem here.  Does Denver think it has a shot to win it this year?  They should.  If so, they could only trade a big piece like Melo for equal and immediate win-now value.  That ain't happening.

As for Melo, the biggest thing he's got going for him is that he isn't Lebron, and that he actually showed "winnerness" at the olympics.  Why screw that up with trade demands?  I don't get what he's doing...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:19:18 PM by More Banners »

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 05:46:21 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
If Chicago does the deal before extending Noah, there's a chance Noah won't want to re-sign with Denver.  Would the Celtics have a shot at getting Noah?  I want Noah on the Celtics so bad.  I love the way he plays. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If Chicago does the deal before extending Noah, there's a chance Noah won't want to re-sign with Denver.  Would the Celtics have a shot at getting Noah?  I want Noah on the Celtics so bad.  I love the way he plays. 

He's still a restricted FA, so Denver can match anything he gets.  I'm sure they'd match anything we could offer, unless we did some kind of S+T.

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

co-sign!

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
That's good value for Denver. Especially when considering how long Melo's been stomping his feet to get out of town.

I think The Nuggs could actually have a better season after this deal.

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 06:33:15 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I just think with Rose, Boozer, and Anthony the Bulls would be a Phoenix Suns type no-defense team.  And you know all three want to put up big shot attempt numbers.  

but you forget who the coach is. noah for anthony? in a heartbeat. but i think melo wants ny.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »

Offline KobeGotRondoD

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 27

Are you kidding me. Noah is one of the players Celtics fans should hate the most. If he becomes a Celtic, this world will end.