Author Topic: eric dampier  (Read 8609 times)

eric dampier
« on: August 24, 2010, 03:54:22 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
With kwame brown signing with bobcats for the minimum, the bobcats close in on waiving dampier, how about signing him ?

damp/shaq/Perk/JO/erden
our frontcourt is the best in the league.

I don't want a backup SF to pierce right now, we could assemble the deepest frontcourt in history of the NBA, then we could waive Wafer and/or trade him and daniels for a better wing in december.

Re: eric dampier
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
With kwame brown signing with bobcats for the minimum, the bobcats close in on waiving dampier, how about signing him ?

I was shocked to hear that the bobcats might waive Dampier.  I hope he doesn't end up with the Heat -- that would make them a very deep and very tough team to beat.

Crossing my fingers that Dampier ends up with the Knicks....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My guess is Cleveland will offer him some of their left over MLE money. I mean they can't be seriously considering entering the season with their current players playing center. Can they?

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I was shocked to hear that the bobcats might waive Dampier.  I hope he doesn't end up with the Heat -- that would make them a very deep and very tough team to beat.

Crossing my fingers that Dampier ends up with the Knicks....
Yes, this is wierd.  And I have the same Miami fear.  I like Dampier.  I actually would have preferred him over JO and probably Shaq also.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

damp/shaq/Perk/JO/erden

I think you're forgetting someone.....

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:52:18 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

damp/shaq/Perk/JO/erden

LOL. Someone did that the other day too.  But we got the important guys like Erden in there, so no worries  ;D

But we don't need ANOTHER big.  Unless we were to trade BBD for a wing or something, but I don't think Damp ends up here.  Everyone should be doing all they can to make sure he doesn't go to Miami though, that would be a huge get for them.

My guess is Cleveland will offer him some of their left over MLE money. I mean they can't be seriously considering entering the season with their current players playing center. Can they?

I like Varejao a lot, but yes they are thin up there.  Wouldn't be a bad move, but they also need a scorer who can create his own shot.  Damp would be a good piece but they'd need more.

I wonder if Damp wouldn't be inclined to go to Miami for less money but a chance at a ring tho, rather than Cleveland where he will probably not make the 8 seed.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:18:52 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think Atlanta will make a strong push for Dampier, especially since announcing they will move Horford to power forward.  That being said the Nuggets will probably also show a little interest although I am not sure what they have remaining to offer.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dampier is no half as good as either Shaq or JO... Still would have been a nice option but if we sign him now where would we be able to find him playing time? He would be out 6th big when Perk came back... And then we would 8 players taking up spots at PF and C. Its always good to have plenty of big men, but thats a little too many. Would much rather pick up a back up 3. We are all set with the Big Man rotation.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
His unguaranteed deal was for $12 or 13 mil, NO WAY does he sign for the minimum with Heat, us or anyone. There are plenty of teams with cap space and $$$$ and need out there. No South Beach for Dampier!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 12:45:33 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
His unguaranteed deal was for $12 or 13 mil, NO WAY does he sign for the minimum with Heat, us or anyone. There are plenty of teams with cap space and $$$$ and need out there. No South Beach for Dampier!!!

I disagree, I feel he will sign with a contender to win a title at his age
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Agreed.  Especially since he'll have the oppty to start for the Heat (either him or Zydrunas will start at C, I'd imagine).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

Agreed.  Especially since he'll have the oppty to start for the Heat (either him or Zydrunas will start at C, I'd imagine).

Agreed.  Hard to walk away from a possible starting spot on that Miami squad.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

To C's Fan Since the 60's: Damp had a notoriously bad contract... that's like a less extreme example of saying Eddy Curry wouldn't play for a lesser deal after next season.  Or Elton Brand won't take less than his current contract eventually.

Damp will take his best opportunity at this point in his career I believe and that would probably be in Miami, both in regards to PT and championship opportunity.  If he didn't start, he'd def get minutes either way.  I'm sure he has to be enjoying that overpaid money he got in Dallas for years so at this point he should be less worried about money.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:10:14 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

damp/shaq/Perk/JO/erden

Haha.  In all fairness I'm pretty sure the OP meant "center" when he said "frontcourt."  He didn't mention Baby either so I assume he was excluding PF's.

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

To C's Fan Since the 60's: Damp had a notoriously bad contract... that's like a less extreme example of saying Eddy Curry wouldn't play for a lesser deal after next season.

Damp will take his best opportunity at this point in his career I believe and that would probably be in Miami, both in regards to PT and championship opportunity.  If he didn't start, he'd def get minutes either way.  I'm sure he has to be enjoying that overpaid money he got in Dallas for years so at this point he should be less worried about money.

Really hope all you guys are wrong! Dampier on that team solidifies one of their two weak spots. Time will tell.