Author Topic: what about Luc Richard Mbah a Moute?  (Read 4982 times)

Re: what about Luc Richard Mbah a Moute?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:56 AM »

Offline KobeGotRondoD

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 27
I would trade Glen Davis for this guy in heartbeat. I know the salaries dont match up 4 a straight up trade so maybe we'd throw in quis and they'd throw in stackhouse via sign and trade

That might be one of the worst trade ideas i’ve ever heard.

I dont see why not. Big baby is expendable. We DONT need him! Mind as well use him as a trade chip and throw in Marquis (who's a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.) and get back stackhouse for offensive insurance. If we go through with this trade this is what the lineup would look like

Rondo-Nate-Avery
Ray-Wafer-Avery
Pierce-*Luc-Stackhouse
KG-JO
(Perkins)-Shaq-Erden-(Rasheed)

assuming that rasheed returns come playoff time

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I would trade Glen Davis for this guy in heartbeat. I know the salaries dont match up 4 a straight up trade so maybe we'd throw in quis and they'd throw in stackhouse via sign and trade

That might be one of the worst trade ideas i’ve ever heard.

I dont see why not. Big baby is expendable. We DONT need him! Mind as well use him as a trade chip and throw in Marquis (who's a ****) and get back stackhouse for offensive insurance. If we go through with this trade this is what the lineup would look like

Rondo-Nate-Avery
Ray-Wafer-Avery
Pierce-*Luc-Stackhouse
KG-JO
(Perkins)-Shaq-Erden-(Rasheed)

assuming that rasheed returns come playoff time

I would trade BBD for him in a heartbeat. The fact that the Bucks would never do that trade shows how much this guy is worth. I remember him completely shutting down Pierce in one game. Once again, Celtics fans need to stop over valuing their players.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 06:09:08 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
BBD's true worth in this team heavily depends on his performance this upcoming season since he's campaigning for a fresh contract. He'll be judged prior to the trade deadline.

Frankly, I see most teams who have wing players who stand 6'6" to 6'9" that move fast and can finish strongly on drawn-up plays are close to not getting moved due to the fact that the competition is levelled against the likes of LeBronze, Kobe, KD, Gay,etc. These are their chief gunners who can even challenge bigger guys.

I could only dream of players like Corey Brewer, Dorell Wright, Mbah Moute and A. Wright going over to Boston. So far, the one that can be acquired (and is available) to fill in for PP is Jarvis Hayes if the finances work. Almost possessing similar built, speed and talent like the ones mentioned.

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 07:31:26 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Bucks would never trade him but i would absolutely love to get Mbah a Moute on this team. i wouldn't even hesitate offering up Baby+Marquis if that was the price tag.

it would also make signing a guy like Larry Hughes or Kwame or whoever the Bucks need to include to make the deal work more tolerable. Those are guys who aren't supposed to be in a contender's rotation but might be able to contribute in a pinch.

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
No way he's available, but I would love it.  Big fan of this guy, he plays great D and runs the floor well.  He would be awesome.

On the off chance that Delfino is available (perhaps they believe CDR, Luc and Ilyasova can cover any wing minutes that open up behind Salmons and Maggette), I'd try landing him for Baby. 

Delfino can rebound, shoot and play physical D.  Very solid TA replacement.

Not sure if Delfino would be either, but that is probably more realistic and I would like him.  But not for Baby.  We will need Baby to play, I think people miss that.  Shaq doesn't play every regular season game and BBD will eat up minutes and keep all our big's minutes down.

If we could get a good enough player and sign a vet min big for BBD's current spot, sure, but I don't think Delfino is quite good enough for me.

I could only dream of players like Corey Brewer, Dorell Wright, Mbah Moute and A. Wright going over to Boston. So far, the one that can be acquired (and is available) to fill in for PP is Jarvis Hayes if the finances work. Almost possessing similar built, speed and talent like the ones mentioned.

Jarvis is old, so he doesn't have the athletic ability any of those other guys have at this point.  Still a solid guy, I would not mind him or Stackhouse if nothing else is out there.  Stack or Hayes/Quis/Wafer is not too bad.  And we're deep up front if we retain BBD. 

At the trade deadline we can still look to make a move if need be.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:37:33 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 10:08:30 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
to Finleskyhook who posted

Why would a coach who is as defensive minded as Tom Thibodeau trade his best defensive player?

Thibodeau coaches Chicago

Luc would be a perfect addition
Finkleskyhook meant Scott Skiles, who is also one of the premier defensive coaches in the league.

Thanks, Fafnir.  I didn't log back into this thread and probably should have been clearer in what I wrote.