Author Topic: Latest on Rudy  (Read 7927 times)

Re: Latest on Rudy
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Wilson Chandler as backup to Pierce, I can dig that. Von backup to Ray, and Nate backup to Rondo. Avery or Marquis as the 4th wing.

Not Bad

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 03:58:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Wilson Chandler as backup to Pierce, I can dig that. Von backup to Ray, and Nate backup to Rondo. Avery or Marquis as the 4th wing.

Not Bad

Yes, I think a bench of Nate, Von, Wilson, BBD, JO is very solid.  Avery, Marquis, Gody are just gravy. 

That should really permit Doc to keep the starter's minutes down during the regular season.

But again, I think Wilson's salary is out of the Gaffney+Lafayette range.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 04:14:06 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

Not Bad

Yes, I think a bench of Nate, Von, Wilson, BBD, JO is very solid.  Avery, Marquis, Gody are just gravy. 

That should really permit Doc to keep the starter's minutes down during the regular season.

I think you are right unfortunately  :-\
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Not Bad

Neither ESPN nor RealGM have trade restrictions on Erden...could do Gaffney, Lafayette, Erden, 1st if this is true (thought he couldn't be traded until 12/15 at earliest).

OR

Davis+1st to Portland

Cunningham+Chandler to Boston

Rudy+Pendergraph(bought out, returns to PDX) to NY

I think Cunningham's a legit backup and Chandler can spend time at the 4 in addition to backing Pierce.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Well, I suppose nobody is going to offer anything at all for him just to have him refuse to play, so this is the only way he gets any influence on his destination.  It's a negotiating position.  The basis of the whole thing is that he wants to play.  Threatening not to play isn't exactly causing anyone to tremble, especially since his low salary isn't even clogging the books or costing much in tax.  This looks like a stalemate.

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Not Bad

Yes, I think a bench of Nate, Von, Wilson, BBD, JO is very solid.  Avery, Marquis, Gody are just gravy. 

Neither ESPN nor RealGM have trade restrictions on Erden...could do Gaffney, Lafayette, Erden, 1st if this is true (thought he couldn't be traded until 12/15 at earliest).

OR

Davis+1st to Portland

Cunningham+Chandler to Boston

Rudy+Pendergraph(bought out, returns to PDX) to NY

I think Cunningham's a legit backup and Chandler can spend time at the 4 in addition to backing Pierce.

Makes a lot of sense for all the teams involved.  I'm not a huge Chandler fan, but his defensive ability would be very useful.

Cunningham makes a fine gravy as well.  Very solid BBD replacement (comparable rebounder and hustler, superior mid-range shooter).
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'll be honest, I've not seen Cunningham play.  But the Cs have a proven commodity in Davis, and I don't see them letting him go that easily.

I agree that the Cs need a better backup for Pierce than Daniels, and I agree that Wilson Chandler would be a very good backup for Pierce.  But I feel like it's the wrong move to trade a backup PF for a backup SF.  I think any realistic moves to be considered have to assume that BBD is not moving.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
how about this trade...

Lafayette,Gaffney to POR + 2011 1st pick
Fernandez to NYK
Erden to NYK
Chandler,Mozgov to BOS

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
how about this trade...

Lafayette,Gaffney to POR + 2011 1st pick
Fernandez to NYK
Erden to NYK
Chandler,Mozgov to BOS

Chandler would be perfect on our team.  Seems like a dream to turn total crap (low 1st, 2 d-leaguers) into a player like that...

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I'd rather have Chandler than Rudy too.  We haven't had a legit backup for Pierce since Posey left.  Sure it would be nice to have Rudy's shooting, but I'd prefer Chandler's size and defense now.

Whoever said that Chandler is better than a late first usually projects to be has it right.  I would even consider a first and a second to get it done.

I don't know why Portland wants to keep gathering young players when they have a bevy of good ones already.  There's not minutes enough for all of them.  Seems like they're in a position similar to ours a few years ago except with better young talent.  I would think they should be about ready to cash in some of that youth for a proven star... at some point, anyway.  On the other hand, maybe their young guys just naturally take the next step.  Remarkable how they keep making the playoffs with all the injuries they've sustained.  If healthy, I think they'll win somewhere around 55 games this season and maybe get beyond the first round.  That's something pretty good to build on. 

Anway, I'm for getting Chandler if that were possible in a three way.

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
i'm all for getting Chandler. getting Cunningham (a player i've never seen either but have heard generally positive things) would help. I think he's at least capable of playing limited minutes in a 4th or 5th big role. I'd give up Baby and a 1st for that easily.

my reasoning is that a solid 1st wing off the bench will have more impact for us than a solid 4th or 5th big. It's also worth mentioning that Chandler can play some PF in a pinch against some of the smaller or quicker bigs.

i doubt this trade will happen though. Seems too good to be true.

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Interesteing article on realgm:

Portland isn't pleased with Fernandez and agent Andy Miller, who went public with their trade request.

Alan Hahn of Newsday writes that, "So several NBA insiders have suggested to me that Portland will exhaust all other options before they'd even consider doing Rudy a favor and sending him exactly where he wants to go, especially if the Knicks aren't offering anything they really want. And what they want is a first round pick."

I don't know how much I believe this, b/c there seemed to be some pretty solid rumors that the Knicks were offering Wilson Chandler. And I'd assume the Knicks would value Chandler moreso than a low teens first round pick.

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Portland isn't pleased with Fernandez and agent Andy Miller, who went public with their trade request.

Alan Hahn of Newsday writes that, "So several NBA insiders have suggested to me that Portland will exhaust all other options before they'd even consider doing Rudy a favor and sending him exactly where he wants to go, especially if the Knicks aren't offering anything they really want. And what they want is a first round pick."

I don't know how much I believe this, b/c there seemed to be some pretty solid rumors that the Knicks were offering Wilson Chandler. And I'd assume the Knicks would value Chandler moreso than a low teens first round pick.

If you were in the Rudy to Boston camp and you believed this story I suppose you'd see it as good news then that Boston apparently isn't his very first choice.  (Though maybe too much not so after the Delonte signing.)

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

If you were in the Rudy to Boston camp and you believed this story I suppose you'd see it as good news then that Boston apparently isn't his very first choice.  (Though maybe too much not so after the Delonte signing.)

Even w/ Delonte I still think it makes sense to do the trade (I don't believe in Quis' ability to stay healthy, and I really want to limit PP's minutes) thought I could see it costing us Avery Bradley.

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Watching Rudy underachieve in the Worlds certainly hasn't made me want to see him in Boston...

Chandler, definitely, although I'd prefer not to move Davis.