Author Topic: Rudy to Boston rumor  (Read 13840 times)

Re: Rudy to Boston rumor
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/fans-celtics-quieren-rudy-boston/dasbal/20100812dasdaibal_4/Tes

they just floated the same stuff that's been said for weeks and then quoted our poll numbers

Of course, but it's interesting to read so many articles in Spain about 'Rudy to Celtics'.

I guess Portland asked a big (baby?) price and Danny is waiting beacause he only want to give up a #1 round pick...

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/fans-celtics-quieren-rudy-boston/dasbal/20100812dasdaibal_4/Tes

they just floated the same stuff that's been said for weeks and then quoted our poll numbers

Of course, but it's interesting to read so many articles in Spain about 'Rudy to Celtics'.

I guess Portland asked a big (baby?) price and Danny is waiting beacause he only want to give up a #1 round pick...

as much as I would love to get Rudy, and as much as I recognize Baby's limitations, I wouldn't trade Baby for Rudy. We need a backup PF, and I'm not betting on either of the Oneals making it through the season without injuries.

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

You mean CelticBlog's poll numbers? Clearly this place is global! :D

Still, I don't remember hearing/seeing Doc comment on this. Is that old, too?

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I haven't been to CelticsBlog since....well, you know. I promised myself I'd take a good long break, but this was just too interesting, so here I am.

I live in Portland and, as you might expect, there is lots of Rudy trade talk. While I didn't hear the sports radio guys myself, I've had two different people tell me that the Portland radio guys were discussing a rumor yesterday that involved Portland sending Rudy and Pryzbilla to Boston for Ray Allen.

Sounds crazy at first, but assuming the numbers work (Pryzbilla apparently has a fairly hefty expiring contract), this sounds less and less crazy the more I think about it.

No, it's really crazy.  The trade itself isn't all that terrible as a value for value move if Ainge were looking to start the rebuilding process.  But that's not why he signed Nate and JO.

Mike
Bad move even if we are rebuilding because Pryzbilla is a questionable rebuilding piece and how many Centers do we need this and next season? Dude is already over 30 and had some bad injuries this past season. Fernandez is not good enough to justify the watering down of our talent over the next two season.