Author Topic: If red convinced Sampson to play in the NBA draft in 1980, would he be better th  (Read 3624 times)

Offline IllalwayslikeHavlicek

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 7
   It was only recently that I found out how much Sampson was expected in the 1980s

• Svi Mykhailiuk
I can't speak English (I'm Chinese). I use a translator to express myself. If  have any grammar problems, please forgive me ;D ;D ;D

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Butterfly effect?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
   It was only recently that I found out how much Sampson was expected in the 1980s

What was the rest of the subject supposed to be?   Better than________

If red convinced Sampson to play in the NBA draft in 1980, would he be better th
Yup

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799

What was the rest of the subject supposed to be?  Better than________

If red convinced Sampson to play in the NBA draft in 1980, would he be better th

Ezra!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If Boston had acquired Sampson instead of Houston, I do think he would have had a better and healthier career because he wouldn't have been playing so much out of position because he wouldn't have been playing with the Dream. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
The butterfly effect would've been pretty insane.  No Chief or McHale.  Do they win the title in '81 with a rookie Sampson?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I find some “ what if” scenarios a lot of fun. One of my favorites is in some alternate reality minus Jordan’s dad’s tragedy ( RIP). 2 back to back finals with Jordan’s bulls vs Hakeem’s Rockets. At the time the best wing offensive snd defensive player vs the big man with the best offense and defensive games. No matter the outcome I think these would have an amazing couple of finals series. 

• Svi Mykhailiuk
I find some “ what if” scenarios a lot of fun. One of my favorites is in some alternate reality minus Jordan’s dad’s tragedy ( RIP). 2 back to back finals with Jordan’s bulls vs Hakeem’s Rockets. At the time the best wing offensive snd defensive player vs the big man with the best offense and defensive games. No matter the outcome I think these would have an amazing couple of finals series.

n China, because of MJ retirement, Hakim's championship is underestimated by many people :D

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Tatum - 2 turnovers in the last minute of a 1-point game. Inexcusable if he wants to call himself a great player. Horrible.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
The butterfly effect would've been pretty insane.  No Chief or McHale.  Do they win the title in '81 with a rookie Sampson?
Don't think so, Parish was peaking in the early '80s and McHale was a young, springy frontcourt player who was very strong defensively before he hit his prime in the mid 80s. Rookie Sampson was obviously very good, but I would rather have peak Parish over him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA