Author Topic: The NBA need to reign in The Heat!  (Read 1843 times)

The NBA need to reign in The Heat!
« on: February 26, 2024, 10:08:28 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
The Heat get away with murder on the defensive end and flop all over the place on offense. The NBA needs to reign in all their cheap "Physical" play or let other teams play that way as well. Someone will get seriously hurt if The NBA does nothing.

Re: The NBA need to reign in The Heat!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 10:16:30 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They are punks. Butler is fake tough and this whole "toughness" mantra is BS. He plays when he wants to and often leaves his team short handed. He is vastly overrated.

Started back with Wade who is an all time dirty player.

I really want to see them put out early this spring so we do not have to hear this stupid narrative about them.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 10:27:09 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
They are punks. Butler is fake tough and this whole "toughness" mantra is BS. He plays when he wants to and often leaves his team short handed. He is vastly overrated.

I really want to see them put out early this spring so we do not have to hear this stupid narrative about them.

Agreed. They get a different whistle than the rest of the NBA because of the narrative. 

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807

Agreed. They get a different whistle than the rest of the NBA because of the narrative.

Maybe because according to this Forum, they have the greatest coach since basketball was invented.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 10:51:34 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
The Heat get away with murder on the defensive end and flop all over the place on offense. The NBA needs to reign in all their cheap "Physical" play or let other teams play that way as well. Someone will get seriously hurt if The NBA does nothing.

I’m always ranting on this. I see it as the biggest problem with the nba. The same thing goes on with Golden State. They clutch, grab, tangle arms, hold , and impede progress of cutters like linebackers and it’s just allowed .  It’s sooo simple to stop this. It’s an easy call to make and players will just stop because they don’t want to get in foul trouble.  How can a team be a particularly physical team without fouling by today’s rules?

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 11:07:44 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Maybe because according to this Forum, they have the greatest coach since basketball was invented.

LOL

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 11:33:38 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
All anyone wants is a consistent whistle. Teams that hunt fouls and flop get away with constant fouling get a huge leg up.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 11:36:44 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Honestly, I like their style.  It reminds me of our 2008 championship team.  What bothers me is the inconsistent whistle.  Miami is 6th in fewest PFs called per possession, while playing aggressive defense

The #1 team in fewest fouls called against them per possession?  The Lakers.  The #2 team?  The Boston Celtics 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 11:42:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Honestly, I like their style.  It reminds me of our 2008 championship team.  What bothers me is the inconsistent whistle.  Miami is 6th in fewest PFs called per possession, while playing aggressive defense

The #1 team in fewest fouls called against them per possession?  The Lakers.  The #2 team?  The Boston Celtics

I'm fine with it if they call it both ways. The Heat get away with murder on one end and flop continuously on the other end. They use it as a team strategy and get away with it. Makes it tough to watch.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 11:46:25 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

I’m always ranting on this. I see it as the biggest problem with the nba. The same thing goes on with Golden State. They clutch, grab, tangle arms, hold , and impede progress of cutters like linebackers and it’s just allowed .  It’s sooo simple to stop this. It’s an easy call to make and players will just stop because they don’t want to get in foul trouble.  How can a team be a particularly physical team without fouling by today’s rules?
It's worth keeping in mind that this is not a new strategy, or a new problem - you can go watch the '96 Heat again if you want to play 'catch the foul' on every possession.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 11:52:36 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

It's worth keeping in mind that this is not a new strategy, or a new problem - you can go watch the '96 Heat again if you want to play 'catch the foul' on every possession.

The 90s Pistons were built on this. It has to be called both ways. Just because you foul on every play the rules shouldn't change.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 12:18:57 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

The 90s Pistons were built on this. It has to be called both ways. Just because you foul on every play the rules shouldn't change.
The problem is that this very easily tips over into people complaining because the referees are calling the game too tightly, so everyone is in foul trouble and 'they [the refs] aren't letting the players play', inserting themselves into the narrative of the game, slowing down the pace of the game, etc.

This is also compounded by the fact that, for most fans, the only good balance in refereeing is "the other team is called for fouls and my team isn't".
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2024, 01:11:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
What I find funny is the fact Heat fans think they are going to back into the playoffs again and make another run to the finals.

I don't think they get out of round 1 if they draw the Bucks or Cavs let alone Boston. They aren't very good.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 02:48:46 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
What I find funny is the fact Heat fans think they are going to back into the playoffs again and make another run to the finals.

I don't think they get out of round 1 if they draw the Bucks or Cavs let alone Boston. They aren't very good.

I mean, isn't that exactly what we were saying this time last year? I won't count them out until they're eliminated
I'm bitter.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 03:21:13 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
The refs ignoring all of Bam’s moving screens is total garbage.  They do get away with more than most teams.