Author Topic: Bobcats and Celtics RUMOR by me  (Read 7157 times)

Bobcats and Celtics RUMOR by me
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I live outside of Charlotte and there has been much made that the Bobcats might be trading down this year.  They have interviewed guys projected to go in the middle of the lottery (see Celtics).  We know that Danny has interviewed Nerlens Noel, right?  Those are some odd facts.

Put them together and could it mean that we have been talking with the soon-to-be Hornets about trading say Bass, our #16 this year and a future #1 for the #1 pick IF Charlotte gets it tomorrow???

That would be fascinating to me.  Would you do that?

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Bobcats and Celtics RUMOR by me
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I live outside of Charlotte and there has been much made that the Bobcats might be trading down this year.  They have interviewed guys projected to go in the middle of the lottery (see Celtics).  We know that Danny has interviewed Nerlens Noel, right?  Those are some odd facts.

Put them together and could it mean that we have been talking with the soon-to-be Hornets about trading say Bass, our #16 this year and a future #1 for the #1 pick IF Charlotte gets it tomorrow???

That would be fascinating to me.  Would you do that?

Thoughts??

Smitty77

If Rich Cho were to agree to that deal, he should be fired on the spot.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
How is that such a bad deal?  Seriously.

Would you give up Avery Bradley and our #16 for Noel????????????????

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:01:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

You don't give up the #1 pick in the draft without making the other team pay through the nose.

Bass, the #16, and a future 1st just doesn't seem like anywhere close to enough for the pick.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It's a bad deal for Charlotte because they'd be giving up a potential star for a mediocre overpaid role player, a non-lottery pick, and an unknown first rounder.  That's just not good value, in my opinion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I would say that his doesn't really qualify as a rumor, because you just made it up, but, well, that's how all of the ESPN rumors start.

I'm in. Here's the rumor mill story:

Celtics and Bobcats talking draft-day trade?
A reputable source close to Charlotte tweeted this morning that the Celtics and Bobcats could be kicking the tires on a draft-day deal. "I know a lot of people in this league, and not talking about packaging the #16 pick and Brandon Bass for a lottery pick is not something that the Celtics wouldn't do," Stephen A. Smith later told Ryan Russillo on ESPN radio this afternoon, "Now I was having dinner just last night with an executive who told me that Danny Ainge might be the sort of GM who is definitely without a doubt trying to trade up in the draft.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 05:16:22 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Then we can have follow-up rumor stories like "Wizards pull ahead in Brandon Bass race" and "Chatter heating up in Bass Sweepstakes?"

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I would say that his doesn't really qualify as a rumor, because you just made it up, but, well, that's how all of the ESPN rumors start.

I'm in. Here's the rumor mill story:

Celtics and Bobcats talking draft-day trade?
A reputable source close to Charlotte tweeted this morning that the Celtics and Bobcats could be kicking the tires on a draft-day deal. "I know a lot of people in this league, and not talking about packaging the #16 pick and Brandon Bass for a lottery pick is not something that the Celtics wouldn't do," Stephen A. Smith later told Ryan Russillo on ESPN radio this afternoon, "Now I was having dinner just last night with an executive who told me that Danny Ainge might be the sort of GM who is definitely without a doubt trying to trade up in the draft.

TP for pulling off a triple-negative.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I don't find it a terrible deal for Charlotte, and I wouldn't want to do it if the Celtics' future 1st is for 2014.

Normally such a deal woud be unheard of, but in this year's draft, combined with the quality of next year's, I don't like it for the Celtics.  I have no idea about the 2015 draft, so that could change my mind.

I could also change my mind if a good player from Charlotte were included, or if it were expanded to make me feel better about the future 1st.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I don't find it a terrible deal for Charlotte, and I wouldn't want to do it if the Celtics' future 1st is for 2014.

Normally such a deal woud be unheard of, but in this year's draft, combined with the quality of next year's, I don't like it for the Celtics.  I have no idea about the 2015 draft, so that could change my mind.

I could also change my mind if a good player from Charlotte were included, or if it were expanded to make me feel better about the future 1st.

Can't trade consecutive #1 picks, if I recall correctly.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Bradley, Rondo, the 16th and a future first is more realistic than the trade suggested in the first post.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Can't trade consecutive #1 picks, if I recall correctly.

Ted Stepien rule.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Koz,

I hope you are not serious with that.  Rondo is a top 5 playoff performer for the last 4 years on average (not counting this year with his injury).  Noel is coming off ACL surgery and is not a sure thing.  This is the weakest #1 in the last 10+ years!!!  I think giving up a top 10 defensive player in the league and two number 1's is MORE than fair.  Take it or leave it MJ:-))

Smitty

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Koz,

I hope you are not serious with that.  Rondo is a top 5 playoff performer for the last 4 years on average (not counting this year with his injury).  Noel is coming off ACL surgery and is not a sure thing.  This is the weakest #1 in the last 10+ years!!!  I think giving up a top 10 defensive player in the league and two number 1's is MORE than fair.  Take it or leave it MJ:-))

Smitty

But to be fair, your initial proposal didn't have Bradley, it had Bass. Does Bradley, the #16, and a future #1 sound more appealing? Certainly. Would Charlotte do it? Seriously doubt it.

Also, if we did have the #1 overall pick I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge went for McLemore instead. His upside is just as high as Noel's, minus the risk factor.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 06:32:22 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Good point about my original proposal:-))  I would NEVER do this for McLemore.  NEVER!!!

Smitty77