Author Topic: C's expected to pursue Jamal Crawford (Rumor)  (Read 8718 times)

Re: C's expected to pursue Jamal Crawford (Rumor)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He would be a good veteran to have. We need someone who can create his own shot off the bench for when we go on our scoring draughts. I think the Celtics could get him to play defense. That being said I'd probably only want to bring him in on a one year deal. I would not be happy if we moved a first for him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
I'd rather pursue JR Smith. 
lol why? Crawford has a better handle, can score better, nd not as much of a cancer

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
lol why? Crawford has a better handle, can score better, nd not as much of a cancer

Age, size, defense.

And I wouldn't consider Smith a cancer.  He is a knucklehead, but I actually think he is pretty well liked by his teammates, and doesn't cause any problems in the lockerroom. 

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

Age, size, defense.

And I wouldn't consider Smith a cancer.  He is a knucklehead, but I actually think he is pretty well liked by his teammates, and doesn't cause any problems in the lockerroom. 
Interesting linguistic phenomena.  Your last sentence doesn't work in Chinese.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He would be a good veteran to have. We need someone who can create his own shot off the bench for when we go on our scoring draughts. I think the Celtics could get him to play defense. That being said I'd probably only want to bring him in on a one year deal. I would not be happy if we moved a first for him.

Assuming the Celtic couldn't get him to play defense, how do you see that turning out?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
This year, I would prefer we go younger, particularly if we are keeping KG and company.  We need to transition as may positions as we can, while still maintaining the nucleus.

I think Crawford only makes sense if they keep the nucleus together; in particular KG.  He's the kind of player you want if you're going to make a run, not if you're rebuilding.  He would have been a perfect fit for us the past 3 seasons; providing some consistent bench scoring.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 05:45:28 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I used to put stock in what Hoopsworld wrote (... say 4 years ago) but now they just put out the most random, off-the-wall stuff.

Reading it there makes it no more likely to happen than hearing it from Crotor or that guy at the deli...
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 05:45:48 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Oh, and I've always hated Crawford's game. Pass.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122

Age, size, defense.

Size? lol they both 6'5 Smith is extremely erratic even more then Crawford, nd he's allergic to defense I have 0 interest in JR Smith nd I used to be a fan til i seen some pathetic displays in a knick uniform

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Assuming the Celtic couldn't get him to play defense, how do you see that turning out?
Who have they brought in that hasn't bought into the defensive system?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
NOPE ....Rather have already got  we got back

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Age, size, defense.

Interesting linguistic phenomena.  Your last sentence doesn't work in Chinese.

Clever.

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'd seriously like to know how the Heat can keep getting their pick of free agents with the roster they have.

Hm?  They have a very desirable destination and if they have the room they get the players.  Wouldn't be surprised if they amnesty Mike Miller for extra room this off season.

The Heat are way over the cap. Amnestying Miller does nothing for their ability to acquire Crawford. In fact, since they're luxury tax payers they will only have the mini mid level (3M roughly) to offer him or any other FA.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 06:23:17 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Jamal Crawford. Old.
5 years younger than Ray and can create his own shot...
...while shooting 42 and 38% from the field the last two years, being a poor defender, being a below average three point shooter, and having one year out of twelve where his offensive rating exceeded his defensive one.

I'd take Ray if it's a choice for the next two years and it's not close. If Ray's leaving on his own, then Crawford's a last resort and I'd rather shoot for Camby or Dalembert with the MLE

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:23 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Who have they brought in that hasn't bought into the defensive system?

Who have they decided not to bring in because they have doubts about their defense?  Some of the young players they have drafted have failed to earn playing time apparently because of a failure to understand the defense.

I think it is a legitimate question, though.  If you bring in a player like Crawford and he turns out to be more interested in his ppg and getting his share of touches, while his defense turns out to not be much of an upgrade over a healthy Ray Allen, then how will that happen?

I do feel like the solution to the Celtics bench scoring is to get a legitimate pass-first, playmaking reserve point guard and get a good three-and-D wing who doesn't make you cringe if he takes a lot of threes instead of a "shot creating" backup wing.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference