Author Topic: P. George to Nets Rumor (non substantial)  (Read 3693 times)

Re: P. George to Nets Rumor
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 06:43:15 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I'm wondering whether the C's could jump in and strike a deal with the Clips.

Let's say Kemba + Theis + picks for George

https://tradenba.com/trades/q3i-tuAzP

Fwiw, Kemba and George are basically the exact same age (they were born 6 days apart).

PG: Smart
SG: Brown
SF: George
PF: Tatum
C: Timelord

6th man: Hayward
Use the bi-annual on Nerlens Noel.

Worst case scenario, George walks in 2021. Hayward's contract comes off the books in 2021 as well, hence we can go after a star free agent (Giannis, Kawhi, Jrue, Oladipo, Gobert).

lol Tatum is not a power forward.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 06:57:06 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Fwiw, Kemba and George are basically the exact same age (they were born 6 days apart).

Worst case scenario, George walks in 2021. Hayward's contract comes off the books in 2021 as well, hence we can go after a star free agent (Giannis, Kawhi, Jrue, Oladipo, Gobert).

Lol, Tatum was our full-time PF this season.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 07:09:22 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 06:58:35 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Look, I don't like that in today's NBA a guy like Tatum is a PF either. It's sad that the NBA continues to trend the way it has. It's an inferior product to days gone by.

But Tatum is in fact a PF in today's game. It's where he has played the vast majority of his minutes in his NBA career. What position do you think he was playing this season?

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 06:59:27 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He was our full-time PF this season, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: P. George to Nets Rumor (non substantial)
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 07:03:03 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As for this rumored trade it's silly.

The Clippers would be well advised to flip PG for multiple assets, but I'd imagine Kawhi won't be happy and would put the bug in their ear he'll leave if they do.

And I can't see the Nets having any interest in this.  It would likely make them a worse team.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
How is this “rumor” even being taken serious by people? LAC sent essentially 7 first round picks ( 5 1st and two rights to swap) to get him.

Recouping that with Kemba and Theis is a complete nonstarter. They didn’t send the next seven years of their future to trade him the next season.

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 08:56:56 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
How is this “rumor” even being taken serious by people? LAC sent essentially 7 first round picks ( 5 1st and two rights to swap) to get him.

Recouping that with Kemba and Theis is a complete nonstarter. They didn’t send the next seven years of their future to trade him the next season.

If the Clips do make a trade w/ George, they need to make sure it is a home run. You are right that they gave up way too much for him in the first place, but if they can get a different legitimate star on a multi-year contract, then at least they might be able to save face. It would protect them should Kawhi leave (instead of both of them leaving) and help keep those picks they gave away from being top of the lottery.

I am not saying Kemba is that star - so I agree with you there - but if the Clips can find a star player that better melds better with the team, then they could possibly convince Kawhi to stay and actually win a Title next year.

I don't think this BKN trade accomplishes either goal for LAC and it only makes BKN stronger - hopefully it doesn't happen.

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

They offered the Thunder all those assets cause they would be getting Kawhi as well for free. So basically the deal from the Clips point of view was Gallo + SGA + 5 picks + 2 options to swap picks for Kawhi + George.

I don't believe the Clips will trade George. That being said, if I were Danny, I'd give them a call.

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
That means Kawhi is gone, since he only wanted to come to the Clippers if Paul George was coming over.

These types of scenarios are really beginning to affect my overall interest in the NBA.  I understand Superstars jumping ship is part of the landscape, but it would be an absolute joke if Kawhi bailed on the Clips after two seasons.  At some point I'd like to see some of these guys settle in and fight through the ups and downs.

Ever since the Warriors first title, we're entering ugly territory where the NBA champion has a top 3-5 player that recently jumped ship.  I'm already bracing myself for a potential Tatum departure either during or after his upcoming extension.  This isn't meant to be a knock on Tatum either.  We all know Boston isn't a desirable market for top tier players.  I'd be surprised to see Tatum spend the entire duration of his prime in Boston.

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 10:58:46 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Very unsubstantiated. From the sounds of it, it was Rivers or George after some interpersonal stuff with Rivers' daughter. I think Harrell will probably be gone as well as he was the other rift in the lockerroom.

The Clippers can't trade George unless they are getting another superstar back. The main team I thought made sense was the Sixers with Embiid, but the Sixers just hired Doc Rivers, a coach notriously ignorant about modern play style and tone-deaf regarding floor spacing issues. I think this signifies that the Sixers won't trade Simmons or Embiid in the near future. They may look to trade Horford, but he isn't a significant piece anymore. I also wonder if we could see a Paul-Rivers reunion, with Embiid/Simmons playing the Jordan/Griffin role.

The Clippers have repeatedly been creative with their roster construction. I'm curious what move they will make, because i don't think Harrell-Williams-Zubac-Morris-Beverly is a good enough supporting cast, unless the Clippers hire D'Antoni and his creative scheme.

TLDR: I think this hiring indicates neither the Clippers nor the Sixers will be trading superstars this off-season.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2020, 11:06:27 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Very unsubstantiated. From the sounds of it, it was Rivers or George after some interpersonal stuff with Rivers' daughter. I think Harrell will probably be gone as well as he was the other rift in the lockerroom.

The Clippers can't trade George unless they are getting another superstar back. The main team I thought made sense was the Sixers with Embiid, but the Sixers just hired Doc Rivers, a coach notriously ignorant about modern play style and tone-deaf regarding floor spacing issues. I think this signifies that the Sixers won't trade Simmons or Embiid in the near future. They may look to trade Horford, but he isn't a significant piece anymore. I also wonder if we could see a Paul-Rivers reunion, with Embiid/Simmons playing the Jordan/Griffin role.

The Clippers have repeatedly been creative with their roster construction. I'm curious what move they will make, because i don't think Harrell-Williams-Zubac-Morris-Beverly is a good enough supporting cast, unless the Clippers hire D'Antoni and his creative scheme.

TLDR: I think this hiring indicates neither the Clippers nor the Sixers will be trading superstars this off-season.

The stuff with Doc's daughter is old though. Well before this season, so both Doc and PG knew what they were getting into this year.

I do think they may look to trade PG though. Seems like he really didn't mesh in that locker room. Agree though that they'd have to get a star level player back. If LAC didn't give up all of their picks to get him, I'd say they could target Bradley Beal.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Does George get to coach the Nets on some days too?

Seems like a good deal for both teams.

LOL TP

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 01:40:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
That means Kawhi is gone, since he only wanted to come to the Clippers if Paul George was coming over.

These types of scenarios are really beginning to affect my overall interest in the NBA.  I understand Superstars jumping ship is part of the landscape, but it would be an absolute joke if Kawhi bailed on the Clips after two seasons.  At some point I'd like to see some of these guys settle in and fight through the ups and downs.

Ever since the Warriors first title, we're entering ugly territory where the NBA champion has a top 3-5 player that recently jumped ship.  I'm already bracing myself for a potential Tatum departure either during or after his upcoming extension.  This isn't meant to be a knock on Tatum either.  We all know Boston isn't a desirable market for top tier players.  I'd be surprised to see Tatum spend the entire duration of his prime in Boston.

Yeah that's the unfortunate thing about today's NBA. Kids/divas forming superteams to take the easy way out and win together than staying with their drafted team to win the hard-fought way. I'm wary about Tatum as well. I hope Ainge does what he can to get Tatum some help within the next few years, and at least win one championship. At least.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2020, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Yeah that's the unfortunate thing about today's NBA. Kids/divas forming superteams to take the easy way out and win together than staying with their drafted team to win the hard-fought way. I'm wary about Tatum as well. I hope Ainge does what he can to get Tatum some help within the next few years, and at least win one championship. At least.
Top NBA players are essentially locked into the team that drafted them for their 1st two contracts.    That would generally be 7 to 9 years depending on the length of their 2nd contract.  Don't see why they owe their draft team any more than that. 

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 03:46:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
To those saying the Clippers have to keep George because that's who Kawhi wanted....I say it's been over a year and things can change fast and dramatically in the NBA...

They should probably try fix any chemistry issues and run it back.  But a trade is not a bad idea if they can't fix it.

A team with very good chemistry was broken up...they can either rebuild chemistry (chemistry trouble validated by Clippers players' comments btw), or they can keep the best player, Leonard, and try to get replace George with good vets and possibly a pick or two back...