Author Topic: Ty Lawson arrested for DUI  (Read 2257 times)

Ty Lawson arrested for DUI
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
His availability for tonight is unknown, but I'd find it surprising if he suited up.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/23/report-ty-lawson-arrested-for-dui/

Tonight's game - Ty Lawson arrested for DUI
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
DENVER -- Denver police say they have arrested Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson for investigation of driving under the influence.

In a statement, the police said Lawson was stopped after an officer saw a car being driven fast and carelessly early Friday.

The Nuggets said the team was aware of the arrest and would have no further comment.

Re: Tonight's game - Ty Lawson arrested for DUI
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Re: Ty Lawson arrested for DUI
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'll be the first to give the obligatory, "It's absolutely moronic to ever drive under the influence, but it's especially stupid when you can easily afford a driver."

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I'll be the first to give the obligatory, "It's absolutely moronic to ever drive under the influence, but it's especially stupid when you can easily afford a driver."

While what Roy is obviously the most important part of this cause it is real life, and drunk driving can and does kill many people, it is also baffling to me that he was out drinking at 1:20 the night before a game. Even my younger more partying days I wouldn't party during the week when I had any sort of job. I can't fathom being drunk and than playing a professional basketball game the next night. I would feel sick just playing a game at the YMCA.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

While what Roy is obviously the most important part of this cause it is real life, and drunk driving can and does kill many people, it is also baffling to me that he was out drinking at 1:20 the night before a game. Even my younger more partying days I wouldn't party during the week when I had any sort of job. I can't fathom being drunk and than playing a professional basketball game the next night. I would feel sick just playing a game at the YMCA.

Exactly, just looking at the basketball side, this says a lot about his leadership and how he views his job.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 07:53:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I bet he plays tonight....

His thumb an.'t broke ...
Somebody will give him a lift to the gym

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Ty Lawson will not play on Friday night against the Celtics.

He is not at the arena tonight and will be with the team on Saturday. Lawson was arrested for his second DUI on Friday morning following a team function on Thursday night. Jameer Nelson will start and is a very solid play for DFS tonight. Expect Randy Foye to get some extra run, as well.

Chris Dempsey

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
This is not new behavior. He already had 3 or 4 DUI arrests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZtjeT-k0c

Guy has a problem he cannot handle and probably doesn’t not admit. I wish him luck.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 10:51:25 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
In this day and age of Uber and Lyft, it is beyond insanity someone would drive under the influence. I bet if the law changed to automatic jail time and loss of license for 10 years, people would think twice about driving drunk. It is beyond inexcusable to me. The risk of killing another person while under the influence should be more then enough incentive to not get behind the wheel. If they do kill someone, it should be life in prison without parole.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Guys this is a nearly 4 year old post that seems to have been bumped by an bot advertising DUI attorneys (the deleted post Androslav quoted).  It's not a new arrest.