Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Knicks (0-2) Game 3 4/22  (Read 102623 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Knicks (0-2) Game 3 4/22
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 02:40:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
latest on amare:

Chauncey Billups is listed as questionable and all indications are he will sit out until Game 4 on Sunday.

Stoudemire walked gingerly to the exit door of the locker room when reporters were let in for shootaround and did not speak to the media. While players shot for another 20 minutes, Stoudemire was undergoing treatment.

A source told the Post on Thursday night Stoudemire was "definitely hurting.''

Stoudemire will continue to be treated throughout Friday. Carmelo Anthony revealed after shootaround Stoudemire still has not tried to run yet.
Back problems are no joke, with his past knee issues this could be the start of his decline as an elite player.

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
latest on amare:

Chauncey Billups is listed as questionable and all indications are he will sit out until Game 4 on Sunday.

Stoudemire walked gingerly to the exit door of the locker room when reporters were let in for shootaround and did not speak to the media. While players shot for another 20 minutes, Stoudemire was undergoing treatment.

Stoudemire will continue to be treated throughout Friday. Carmelo Anthony revealed after shootaround Stoudemire still has not tried to run yet.
Back problems are no joke, with his past knee issues this could be the start of his decline as an elite player.

exactly...ask larry bird. i think the knicks are playing some gamesmanship with amare tonight..i don't think he plays...and i think the knicks already know that. without him and billups..i just don't see how NY can win. don't care the garden will be rocking...pierce and that bunch isnt going to allow melo to score 30 plus again.

and honestly if he does play..what is he going to give the knicks? he can hardly move right now

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 02:45:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
latest on amare:

Well, big men were not meant to twist in the air like Jordan when going to the hoop like he had been doing in games 1 and 2. I'm not surprised he pulled a muscle in his back.

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
latest on amare:

exactly...ask larry bird. i think the knicks are playing some gamesmanship with amare tonight..i don't think he plays...and i think the knicks already know that. without him and billups..i just don't see how NY can win. don't care the garden will be rocking...pierce and that bunch isnt going to allow melo to score 30 plus again.

and honestly if he does play..what is he going to give the knicks? he can hardly move right now

My main concern tonight is that the celtics don't relax because of the injury reports. They have to come out looking for blood no matter who NY puts out there, because the knicks will be fighting for their lives in front of their home crowd and will play with a ton of heart, the celtics have to match that and close the door on them hard.

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 02:48:38 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
latest on amare:

My main concern tonight is that the celtics don't relax because of the injury reports. They have to come out looking for blood no matter who NY puts out there, because the knicks will be fighting for their lives in front of their home crowd and will play with a ton of heart, the celtics have to match that and close the door on them hard.

you are right. this isn't about the knicks tonight. this is about the celtics. come out and finish them. break them early

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
They might be missing Chauncey, as well as Turiaf and Amare. Got to take advantage and take care of business.
If both Turiaf and Amare are out, this will be an easy game. Melo will once again chuck bad shots but won't get so lucky this time.
We may say easy game, but this team likes to win the hard way. I've come to realize that after many months of looking at them.

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »

Offline ram

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
The newspaper reports are that Amare hurt his back doing a "trick dunk" in warmups before Game 2. How STUPID is that.

I wonder if they are going to try a Willis Reed to get the crowd jazzed. Esp if he is limited. Come out late to a big ovation, hit 2 shots and sit the rest of the night. Carmelo plays the role of Walt Frazier.

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I expect another hard fight from the Knicks. I think we'll be OK but a lot can go wrong on the visitors court in the playoffs. I would dearly love to win this game tonight and take care of business Sunday to get rest and get ready for the Heat in the Second round.

Hopefully, the added Lucky Charms this year will make a difference.

Celtics problems:

1) Rebounding
2) Shot selection and Ball Movement
3) Lack of Ball Movement leading to turnovers
4) The rest of the team not running hard with Rondo.
5) Bad bench play

They need to fix Problem #1 and at least two other problems to make progress in New York this weekend or this is coming back to Boston tied 2-2 and this campaign will not be looking too promising.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think we come out strong in the first, suck in the second, dominate the third, and hold on for dear life in the fourth.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I gave everybody I saw Tommy Points..... Thank you for your comments.

Now, Let's Git-R-Done!!!!!
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
My prediction: The team that scores the most points wins the game. I could be wrong though. :P

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The newspaper reports are that Amare hurt his back doing a "trick dunk" in warmups before Game 2. How STUPID is that.

I wonder if they are going to try a Willis Reed to get the crowd jazzed. Esp if he is limited. Come out late to a big ovation, hit 2 shots and sit the rest of the night. Carmelo plays the role of Walt Frazier.

He was dunking during warm ups whats dumb about that?

He easily attempts many more strenous dunks through contact during a game.

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I expect another hard fight from the Knicks. I think we'll be OK but a lot can go wrong on the visitors court in the playoffs. I would dearly love to win this game tonight and take care of business Sunday to get rest and get ready for the Heat in the Second round.

Hopefully, the added Lucky Charms this year will make a difference.

Celtics problems:

1) Rebounding
2) Shot selection and Ball Movement
3) Lack of Ball Movement leading to turnovers
4) The rest of the team not running hard with Rondo.
5) Bad bench play

They need to fix Problem #1 and at least two other problems to make progress in New York this weekend or this is coming back to Boston tied 2-2 and this campaign will not be looking too promising.

I'm not sure why many people think we will get rest if we win in 4, the Heat are likely to win their series in 4 before us, we would just start round 2 sooner.

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 03:26:47 PM »

Offline ram

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32

-------------------
Nothing.
"Trick dunks" before an important game is STUPID.

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

-------------------
Nothing.
"Trick dunks" before an important game is STUPID.

Why? Is he any more likely to be hurt on a "trick dunk" than a regular one?

A lot of players do stuff like that during warm ups to loosen up, its part of their routine. Why change up his routine for the playoffs?