Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Knicks (0-2) Game 3 4/22  (Read 102369 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Knicks (0-2) Game 3 4/22
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i just have a feeling tonight is going to be a big time statement win. it is almost certain billups won't play...and it is sounding a bit more like amare won't either. And there is NO WAY Melo does what he did in game 2. I think boston by double digits

Man I have this one pencilled in for a loss to be honest, Knicks will be desperate, with home town officiating.  I think we see a parade to the free throw line, celts lose by 12 and ESPN plans the celtics funeral

i don't think so. the Cs play very well in NY...plus the knicks at the least will have 3 gimpy guys on the floor...but most likely none of them. It took 42 point from melo to keep them in game 2...i don't see him being able to do that again.

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 10:41:38 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
i just have a feeling tonight is going to be a big time statement win. it is almost certain billups won't play...and it is sounding a bit more like amare won't either. And there is NO WAY Melo does what he did in game 2. I think boston by double digits

Man I have this one pencilled in for a loss to be honest, Knicks will be desperate, with home town officiating.  I think we see a parade to the free throw line, celts lose by 12 and ESPN plans the celtics funeral

i don't think so. the Cs play very well in NY...plus the knicks at the least will have 3 gimpy guys on the floor...but most likely none of them. It took 42 point from melo to keep them in game 2...i don't see him being able to do that again.

Honestly for me its the way of NBA playoff series, I look at the top two seeds in the east both at 3-0 the NBA is gonna want some longer series, I think we need to lose this one.  I know its pessimistic to think it works like that, but I do.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
We should win. I expect us to win. I hope its a game where we win big.

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Get off to a good start and shut their fans up early.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If billups and stat don't play..think their fans will be expecting the worse. A lot already are

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
They might be missing Chauncey, as well as Turiaf and Amare. Got to take advantage and take care of business.
If both Turiaf and Amare are out, this will be an easy game. Melo will once again chuck bad shots but won't get so lucky this time.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Daily Shaq update:

DDuggan21 Dan Duggan
Shaq is present at shootaround. He's in practice gear.

DDuggan21 Dan Duggan
Doc said he's moving better. Doesn't know when he could play, could be Sunday.
http://twitter.com/DDuggan21

SherrodbCSN A. Sherrod Blakely
#Celtics D. Rivers says Shaq doubtful for Game 4, but is moving better.
http://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Even if Mello has 45 points , which I don't think PP will allow anyway as he is committed to a "D" presence this game , I doubt it will be enough to save the Knicks , all their decent "TEAM" players now play for the Nuggets ;D

If Rondo, JO and KG play great , I see NY as a sunking ship in a storm. GREEN STORM that is... ;D

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/amar_status_could_be_kL4D4j5U5UZj6MtJ0QcxAI#ixzz1KGqNDQdV

The Knicks went to Amar’e Stoudemire yesterday.

The ailing Stoudemire missed practice as the Knicks sent a handful of their training staff to his home to give him treatment day and night on the pulled muscle in his back that an MRI exam revealed Wednesday.

One source said Stoudemire was “definitely hurting” and the Knicks didn’t want him commuting two hours round-trip in a car.

The plan is for Stoudemire to arrive for today’s morning shootaround in Westchester and do strength and agility tests in the pool. One source thinks the Stoudemire situation could be a “game-time decision.” He officially is listed as day to day.

“I think I’m optimistic,” coach Mike D’Antoni said.

“We won’t know until he wakes up. He’s had a few spasms. We’ll work him out [this] morning. He’ll get here, get in the pool, work out, and make a determination. But I’m pretty optimistic.”

If Stoudemire’s movement is limited, the club is leery of playing him. A likely scenario is playing him in the first half and seeing his effectiveness. Rajon Rondo’s slew of fastbreak buckets in Game 2 partly was because a stiff Stoudemire couldn’t get back on defense in the first half.

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 12:39:24 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11833
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report
Dan Crawford
Dan Crawford has been a referee in the NBA since the 1984-85 season. Prior to the NBA, Crawford officiated in high school for 12 years, 8 years at the collegiate level (MVC and CCAC) and 4 years in the CBA. He has officiated 1,600+ regular season games, 190+ play-off games and 18 NBA Finals games. After one of the games in Chicago in round 1 in 2008, there was some controversy when he was seen leaving the arena with his family all decked out in Chicago Bulls gear. He's been in the news lately because he has been accused of having a bias against Marc Cuban because the Mavs are 2-16 in games officiated by Crawford. The Celtics are 5-1 this season and are 7-3 over their last 10 game with Crawford officiating. The loss this season was the last Miami game in which the Heat shot 10 more free throws than the Celtics, but then again the Celtics did not play well in that game. The Knicks are 4-3 this season and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Crawford. Crawford is a homer ref with a home team W/L record of 52-20.

Marc Davis
Davis has officiated over 460+ regular season games and 7 playoff games. When not officiating, Davis is a motivational speaker who speaks to sales forces on topics including goal setting, team building, the mechanics of presentation. Davis was investigated for threatening to whoop Allen Iverson's a** when AI complained about a call in a game in 2005, but was not suspended for it. The Celtics are 3-0 this season and are 7-3 in their last 10 games with Davis officiating. The last win was the Hornets game where the officiating was terrible all the way around. They let both teams play but ignored the Hornets trying to intentionally foul two times in a row at the end. The Knicks are 3-1 this season and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Davis on the court. He also tends to go for the home team with a home W/L record of 41-29.

Gary Zielinski
Zielinski has officiated over 285+ regular season games. This is his first season officiating in the playoffs. He worked 6 years in the CBA and 4 seasons in the WNBA before coming to the NBA. He officiated the WNBA finals from 1998-2001. The Celtics are 5-0 in games called by Zielinski this season. In one of those wins, the Clippers had a 20 free throw advantage over the Celtics and the officiating was terrible all the way around. The Celtics are 9-1 in their last 10 games with Zielinski on the court while the Knicks are 3-0 this season and 7-3 in their last 10. He is another ref that favors the home team with a home W/L record of 41-24.

Alternate - David Guthrie
Guthrie began his career as a referee in the NBA in the 2005-2006 season. He has been a college, CBA and NBDL referee and he has also officiated the 2003 and 2004 NCAA Men’s Division I tournament. This is Guthrie's first season on the playoff roster. The Celtics are 4-1 this season with Guthrie calling the game including 2 Bulls games. In the first, an OT win, the Celtics took 25 free throws to 18 for the Bulls. In the final meeting with the Bulls, the Celtics took 10 more FT than the Bulls but did not play well and lost. The Celtics are 6-4 in their last 10 with Guthrie as a ref. The Knicks are 2-3 this season and 6-4 in their last 10 with Guthrie calling the game. His home W/L record is 38-24.

(Just to make you feel a little better, the Lakers and Hornets have the evil duo of Joey Crawford and Bennett Salvatore)

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I can't repeat this enough: while I will tolerate Doc using Baby at the 5 over Krstic, what I absolutely cannot stomach is him overplaying Baby during times when Jermaine O'Neal could be playing. 

That means if JO starts the 4th on the bench, Baby needs to get his butt parked on the bench midway through the quarter (just like he did in Game 1) and JO needs to play. 

JO should be playing AT LEAST 24 minutes, and I'd like to see something closer to 30. 

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I can't repeat this enough: while I will tolerate Doc using Baby at the 5 over Krstic, what I absolutely cannot stomach is him overplaying Baby during times when Jermaine O'Neal could be playing. 

That means if JO starts the 4th on the bench, Baby needs to get his butt parked on the bench midway through the quarter (just like he did in Game 1) and JO needs to play. 

JO should be playing AT LEAST 24 minutes, and I'd like to see something closer to 30. 
If New York plays 3 SFs in their front court again I want Jeff Green out there over BBD.

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

If New
 York plays 3 SFs in their front court again I want Jeff Green out there over BBD.

AMEN. paul, ray KG, rondo and Green. that should be the line up down the stretch...I think amare..if he plays won't make it through and will be very limited on the court. guard melo and rebound ...also turriuff is also gimpy.

I want to see a focused Cs team come out committed to defense and to end this series tonight.

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

If New
 York plays 3 SFs in their front court again I want Jeff Green out there over BBD.

AMEN. paul, ray KG, rondo and Green. that should be the line up down the stretch...I think amare..if he plays won't make it through and will be very limited on the court. guard melo and rebound ...also turriuff is also gimpy.

I want to see a focused Cs team come out committed to defense and to end this series tonight.
I think Amar'e will try and play, who knows if he makes it through the game.

The C's should attack him and forc him to test his back and also give him a few elbows/whacks in the lane if the chance comes up.

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 02:31:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
latest on amare:

Chauncey Billups is listed as questionable and all indications are he will sit out until Game 4 on Sunday.

Stoudemire walked gingerly to the exit door of the locker room when reporters were let in for shootaround and did not speak to the media. While players shot for another 20 minutes, Stoudemire was undergoing treatment.

A source told the Post on Thursday night Stoudemire was "definitely hurting.''

Stoudemire will continue to be treated throughout Friday. Carmelo Anthony revealed after shootaround Stoudemire still has not tried to run yet.