Author Topic: Celtics (43-28) at 76ers (46-25) Game #72 3/20/19  (Read 36701 times)

Re: Celtics (43-28) at 76ers (46-25) Game #72 3/20/19
« Reply #525 on: March 20, 2019, 10:08:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
Sorry to say, but tonight's loss is on Kyrie and Morris.

I know Brown missed 2 key free throws in the 4th quarter but I expect 10 times more out of Ky than I do from Brown.

It seemed like Kyrie wasn't passing the ball at all in the final minutes game and kept missing 3s. Then, instead of looking to pass on the final play, he goes for a lay-up with a 7 foot Embiid waiting for him. Really???

For a very intelligent person, that was a dumb move!!

I just thought Kyrie was playing very selfishly towards the end of the game, as if he doesn't trust his teammates.

And Morris.....yuck!

I was noticing him towards the end of the game and his body language sucked. He either looked gassed or like he didn't want to be there. And that foul on Simmons was ridiculous. Like Scal mentioned, you've got to play better defense rather than getting to your man too late.

It seemed like the complexion of the game changed after Baynes went down. He's literally made of glass this year and can't make it through 5 games without getting injured. We are so desperate for a big man, I would seriously consider going after Dwight Howard this summer.

I know this is a bit picky but looking at the game chart, Brown missed one ft, the other one was a lane violation on Morris.  Either way, one missed free throw doesn't lose the game for the team esp when he was 3/3 from the field. 

I agree with what you wrote.  We only had 22 assists tonight on 45 made fgs.  That seems low for us.  It feels like we play better when shots are distributed better through the team.

« Reply #526 on: March 20, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Kyrie Irving with another last shot blunder

I thought he was one of the most clutch shooters/finishers in the game??

just tired of seeing this pattern

and freaking Marcus Morris .....  seriously F@#$

tri - Your boy Kyrie was 0-4 the last 3 minutes plus surrendered the game winner by Butler. Great closer, yeah.

Its a pattern

The only game it feels like he "closed" was vs the Raptors

otherwise I ask again, where is the finishing touch?
It would literally take you two minutes now to go look at his game logs to see him singlehandedly winning us games.

Your refusal to actually listen to things when you challenge people to provide them makes me want to claw my eyes out sometimes

They don't post stats on games a player DOES NOT finish well - I have witnessed those as well from Irving.
You guys that go strictly on stats cannot see the forest for the trees. But that type of thinking is common amongst your average Joe fan -- "Gee, look, he's averaging so many points. He must really be good."  Yes, Irving is a great offensive player who is bad for the overall team.

Again, clutch stats are searchable. Good and bad games are factored in. Kyrie is one the best scorers - certainly one of the most efficient - in the game this season. I know comprehension and personal conviction don't always go hand in hand, but these are facts.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #527 on: March 20, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Great game. Bad officiating giving all those foul calls to Embid. Kyrie, Terry & Horford were very good. We really missed Baynes when he went down  & Smart when he stood up forhself after the elbow & trash talk from Embid. They can't really feel that good with that win tonight. We still own you Philly!!

« Reply #528 on: March 20, 2019, 10:09:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Seeing people are thinking that the "haters" are calling for stuff like Kyrie to be out, I want to clarify that I don't think Kyrie played badly and should be out, my gripe was about Brad not keeping a defensive lineup in when we have a 5-8 point cushion to grind the game out and instead put out Kyrie to get abused by Butler. It's not on Kyrie that his paper bad defense couldn't contain Butler, but it sure is on Brad for creating a situation where this would happen.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #529 on: March 20, 2019, 10:09:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
On The Bright side we almost won this one with No Baynes, No Smart, No Hayward, 43 free throws for the Sixers and Embiid on three days rest.

« Reply #530 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I know Kyrie scored a lot of points tonight, but he wasn't very efficient, and the ball doesn't seem like it moved very well if we only had 22 assists on 46 made buckets.  We made 11 more baskets than Philly, and Philly had more assists than us.

I don't think having Kyrie shoot 30 times a game and Brown and Smart combining for 7 shots  is likely to be good for our team as a whole.  That said, Embiid shooting 21 fts is probably what killed us tonight.  Too much fouling, not enough good def in the post?

Full disclosure, I didn't watch tonight's game, these observations are just from the stats.

Pretty much sums it up. Kyrie was good statistically, but not efficient in the final minutes of the 4th quarter

exactly

how many games in a row now?

but the Irving can do no wrong fans ....  anytime this happens press the "reset" button

But he is Kyrie Irving!  don't you remember that shot in Curry face....

its such a tiring excuse to listen to

« Reply #531 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I know Kyrie scored a lot of points tonight, but he wasn't very efficient, and the ball doesn't seem like it moved very well if we only had 22 assists on 46 made buckets.  We made 11 more baskets than Philly, and Philly had more assists than us.

I don't think having Kyrie shoot 30 times a game and Brown and Smart combining for 7 shots  is likely to be good for our team as a whole.  That said, Embiid shooting 21 fts is probably what killed us tonight.  Too much fouling, not enough good def in the post?

Full disclosure, I didn't watch tonight's game, these observations are just from the stats.

Pretty much sums it up. Kyrie was good statistically, but not efficient in the final minutes of the 4th quarter
And was a sieve on defense that led the Sixers back into the game. Brad should've subbed in a defensive lineup to grind out the game.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #532 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Seeing people are thinking that the "haters" are calling for stuff like Kyrie to be out, I want to clarify that I don't think Kyrie played badly and should be out, my gripe was about Brad not keeping a defensive lineup in when we have a 5-8 point cushion to grind the game out and instead put out Kyrie to get abused by Butler. It's not on Kyrie that his paper bad defense couldn't contain Butler, but it sure is on Brad for creating a situation where this would happen.

Ideally, you'd have Marcus Smart in there. But he took himself out of the mix because his ego had a boo boo.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #533 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

that is a fair statement

it sure beats the narrative by some here who say we are better without kyrie and the keep terry instead crowd LOL

now was kyrie the only one who may have hampered us at the end???????

NO

we lost tonight due to many reasons.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #534 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sounds like Baynes will likely be our 4-6 weeks. Cs need to get an upgrade over him in the offseason. This guy is literally made of glass and so injury prone this year. This team ain’t going anywhere with Theis getting playoff minutes.

« Reply #535 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Sorry to say, but tonight's loss is on Kyrie and Morris.

I know Brown missed 2 key free throws in the 4th quarter but I expect 10 times more out of Ky than I do from Brown.

It seemed like Kyrie wasn't passing the ball at all in the final minutes and kept missing 3s. Then, instead of looking to pass on the final play, he goes for a lay-up with a 7 foot Embiid waiting for him. Really???

For a very intelligent person, that was a dumb move!!

I just thought Kyrie was playing very selfishly towards the end of the game, as if he doesn't trust his teammates.

And Morris.....yuck!

I was noticing him towards the end of the game and his body language sucked. He either looked gassed or like he didn't want to be there. And that foul on Simmons was ridiculous. Like Scal mentioned, you've got to play better defense rather than getting to your man too late.

It seemed like the complexion of the game changed after Baynes went down. He's literally made of glass this year and can't make it through 5 games without getting injured. We are so desperate for a big man, I would seriously consider going after Dwight Howard this summer.

I mean, without Kyrie the Celtics get blown out tonight. Obviously, the Celtics are lacking big men cuz Embiid abused them tonight. Too bad as long as Brad Stevens is the head coach, bigs do not mean anything to him.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #536 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Kyrie Irving has no respect or trust for the other players on this team.... maybe outside of Horford

He doesn't know how to expose the opponents weakness

instead he thinks he can outscore against any team/anyone

and this is why he is still immature. 1st of all he is not Kobe or Jordan.  But he thinks he is

Even Lebron James understands his limitations and trusts on guys like Korver etc to shoot crucial shots

Basically this team is almost a carbon copy of those early 2000 Iverson led teams.  Just pure hot dog,  one man show type of basketball that ultimately leads a team to nowhere

Though I am certainly a big fan of Kyrie than you are, I share the frustration. The ball was literally super glued to Kyrie's hands in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Also, I am sure the stats will show he played a really good game, he also did miss alot of shots. I have no issues with a point guard looking to take the shot. None! In fact, it's the opposite when point guards constantly defer that drives me crazy (which is why I wasn't a Rondo fan.) But, you also need to mindful of what's best for the team.

What plays can you execute that will put your team in the best position to win? If you see your shooting has been mediocre throughout the night, don't be afraid to pass the ball and get your teammates involved. Maybe Brad should've called a TO but that last play when Kyrie got rejected by Embiid was awful. Poor execution. It's like the car is driving, but no one is behind the steering wheel.

« Reply #537 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I get a kick out of when your narrative isn't totally supported, "The haters are out." It's so 2019ish.

you mean your narrative? that we are better without kyrie or he sux? and we should keep terry instead?  LOL

Consider this - Instead of Kyrie - a brilliant offensive player and not much else - we add a starting playmaker deluxe point guard and a knock-down shooter off the bench - both guys team players and solid defenders. You telling me that would not be a better fit with the other players and their style, not to mention the Coach's system being better served ? Players like Rubio and Redick just as examples.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #538 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Sounds like Baynes will likely be our 4-6 weeks. Cs need to get an upgrade over him in the offseason. This guy is literally made of glass and so injury prone this year.

He was like out 4-6 weeks right before the @Lakers game. Ditto, we need backup bigs not named Anthony Davis.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #539 on: March 20, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sounds like Baynes will likely be our 4-6 weeks. Cs need to get an upgrade over him in the offseason. This guy is literally made of glass and so injury prone this year. This team ain’t going anywhere with Theis getting playoff minutes.

That is... Not good.
2021 Houston Rockets