Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 20613 times)

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2024, 07:09:25 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558
orlando winning friday would be ideal. push this to game 7 so celtics wont have to play until Tuesday. would be a week of rest for KP already.

Game 3 is on 5/11 regardless which of Orlando or Cleveland advances.  Since KP probably won’t be back by then, it’s really irrelevant when the series starts as far as providing more time to heal.

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2024, 07:49:51 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
orlando winning friday would be ideal. push this to game 7 so celtics wont have to play until Tuesday. would be a week of rest for KP already.

Game 3 is on 5/11 regardless which of Orlando or Cleveland advances.  Since KP probably won’t be back by then, it’s really irrelevant when the series starts as far as providing more time to heal.

Yeah Games 3-7 are locked in anyways. The only difference is, Game 1 could be Sunday, Game 2 Tuesday, then 3 days off. OR the series starts on Tuesday with the games every other day until Game 7. The first iteration is the EXACT schedule for the Bucks-Celtics in 2022.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2024, 08:41:43 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 375
They showed KP in locker room no boot

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2024, 09:43:46 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Yeah Games 3-7 are locked in anyways. The only difference is, Game 1 could be Sunday, Game 2 Tuesday, then 3 days off. OR the series starts on Tuesday with the games every other day until Game 7. The first iteration is the EXACT schedule for the Bucks-Celtics in 2022.

Torn because I’d rather the rest early in the series when Horford will have to carry a larger load, but I’d rather play Orlando, which is the condensed series option only.  So I’ll just root for the Cavs to not win in 7.

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2024, 10:07:37 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be

Torn because I’d rather the rest early in the series when Horford will have to carry a larger load, but I’d rather play Orlando, which is the condensed series option only.  So I’ll just root for the Cavs to not win in 7.

I have a wedding back in Mass the evening of the 10th.   Flying in the 9th.  So, selfishly hoping for for the Tues/Thus scenario.  Could move up my flight and make Game 2 that night.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2024, 10:58:25 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

And leaving the arena actually walking with no boot, too. That has to be a good sign that it’s not a super serious strain that less than 48 hours later he’s walking normally without a boot and no reported limp.

Remember that Giannis still was limping around for a week or so after his injury.

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2024, 02:23:50 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
ClutchPoints: “He is likely out for next series as well. The hope is that he can make a return if the Celtics were to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.” Chris Haynes on a potential timeline for Kristaps Porzingis, who has a right calf strain. (via @NBAonTNT) pic.twitter.com/StbyC0znRQ 17 hours ago – via

Not sure what this prognostication is based on, but here it is.....

« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2024, 02:44:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
ClutchPoints: “He is likely out for next series as well. The hope is that he can make a return if the Celtics were to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.” Chris Haynes on a potential timeline for Kristaps Porzingis, who has a right calf strain. (via @NBAonTNT) pic.twitter.com/StbyC0znRQ 17 hours ago – via

Common sense?  Do people really think he's going to be back during the conference semis based on what we saw in Game 4, his injury history, the Celtics actual need for him right now, and what's been put out there on similar injuries?

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2024, 02:55:28 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Common sense?  Do people really think he's going to be back during the conference semis based on what we saw in Game 4, his injury history, the Celtics actual need for him right now, and what's been put out there on similar injuries?

I suppose it depends in part a little how long the second round series extends.  If it goes 7 games, it would be nearly three weeks from his injury, and by then I’d believe it possible he returns (if in part because it’s an elimination game).  But if Round 2 lasts the length it ought, I wouldn’t expect KP.

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2024, 03:21:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977

And leaving the arena actually walking with no boot, too. That has to be a good sign that it’s not a super serious strain that less than 48 hours later he’s walking normally without a boot and no reported limp.

Remember that Giannis still was limping around for a week or so after his injury.

That’s is good sign.
Three weeks rest might be enough.

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2024, 03:27:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I suppose it depends in part a little how long the second round series extends.  If it goes 7 games, it would be nearly three weeks from his injury, and by then I’d believe it possible he returns (if in part because it’s an elimination game).  But if Round 2 lasts the length it ought, I wouldn’t expect KP.

That's my thinking, as well.  I wouldn't rule out Game 6 or 7, but I think the clear preference would be to let him rest.  Plus, if he's still not 100%, it's not at all clear that his presence would be helpful.

It's not really possible to compare injuries with the data we have, but looking at Giannis, he last played on April 9.  That's 23 days, his team is on the brink of elimination, and he still may not play (listed as doubtful).  We don't know the severity of the strain, but we do know that Giannis is younger and has generally been healthier than KP. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2024, 03:47:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

That's my thinking, as well.  I wouldn't rule out Game 6 or 7, but I think the clear preference would be to let him rest.  Plus, if he's still not 100%, it's not at all clear that his presence would be helpful.

It's not really possible to compare injuries with the data we have, but looking at Giannis, he last played on April 9.  That's 23 days, his team is on the brink of elimination, and he still may not play (listed as doubtful).  We don't know the severity of the strain, but we do know that Giannis is younger and has generally been healthier than KP.

I hope to hell I'm not proven wrong.  There's no way a series with CLE or ORL should be going 7 games.

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2024, 04:08:23 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 292

but we do know that Giannis is younger and has generally been healthier than KP.

not that it matters but Giannis is actually older than KP.

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2024, 04:22:40 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

but we do know that Giannis is younger and has generally been healthier than KP.

I should have known that.  I keep forgetting that KP is only 28. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2024, 04:24:26 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 292

I should have known that.  I keep forgetting that KP is only 28.

i know. i tend to think of him as like 32.