Author Topic: Celtics (60-19) at Cavaliers (64-15) 4/12  (Read 65854 times)

Re: Celtics (60-19) at Cavaliers (64-15) 4/12
« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Am I the only one that is completly optimistic right now? I am telling you guys right now, this loss is best case scenario, they have to much pride NOT to win a game in cleveland in the playoffs..Im almost willing to guarantee it will happen after this massacre

I think the team can win in Cleveland, but for some reason Ray, Paul AND Rondo suck really hard in Cleveland. Still, the return of KG will really help the team, and I know our team has the ability to win at the Q but I'm not as confident as before.

Im more confident then ever, im telling you man...this team has to much pride not to win a game in cleveland in the playoffs, especially after this humiliation, they will be more motivated then ever to play the perfect game to beat cleveland, and in a 7 game series, it will take 1 poor shooting night from cleveland out of 4 games, they have turned into a jumpshooting team. theyre beatable, and our guys WILL do it, they just got to make sure to win all the home games

TP for this boost of confidence. Anyway i'm glad this blowout comes now, at the end of the regular season, in a game than means nothing for the C's' spot in the East. It's a reminder of how hard the team will have to play to repeat.

I'm sick of the broadcasters' love for the Cavaliers and for LeBron. I can't remember such love for the Celtics last year, even when they embarrassed the Lakers in game 6 of the Finals...

Agreed, on all accounts !

Good drubbing will work wonders for the reality check and focus, for when it matters most  ;)

36% shooting is a loss anytime.. The boys need rest to focus, which will come shortly!

Later, Celtics cats ~
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Am I the only one that is completly optimistic right now? I am telling you guys right now, this loss is best case scenario, they have to much pride NOT to win a game in cleveland in the playoffs..Im almost willing to guarantee it will happen after this massacre

Yes?

I mean, surely their pride should have kicked in say, around half time or so, if that was all they needed?

The celtics clearly didnt come into this game with the right attitude and dug themselves way to deep a hole to ever come back....I give the cavs credit, but yet again, in a 7 game seires, I have faith the celtics will redeem themselves, and even more so after this  embarrasment

I guess this is a pessimistic moment, but it's really hard for me to see how this works.  I mean, the deficit at half time was 19.  The deficit we came back from in game 4 last year was 24.  If pride was the issue and they needed to redeem themselves they could have at least made this game competitive.

The fact of the matter is no one has been able to dismantle this team like this for two years now.  Sure they can't win on our floor either, but we've never blown them out by 30, and they have HCA.  

« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2009, 06:15:52 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
1.Cavs is HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE GAME AND THE CELTICS
2.Refs did a great job, but the game was easy to call
3.Celtics, no worry's you win some, you lose some, just the way it is, and I can't figure out this early afternoon struggles on Sunday ??? plus our first playoff game will be early on Sunday probably.
4.Mark, Jeff and the other guy just.... >:(
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2009, 06:23:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
what happend on first quarter????

I wasnt able to watch the game but the line is absolutely masacre.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

Yes?

I mean, surely their pride should have kicked in say, around half time or so, if that was all they needed?

The celtics clearly didnt come into this game with the right attitude and dug themselves way to deep a hole to ever come back....I give the cavs credit, but yet again, in a 7 game seires, I have faith the celtics will redeem themselves, and even more so after this  embarrasment

I guess this is a pessimistic moment, but it's really hard for me to see how this works.  I mean, the deficit at half time was 19.  The deficit we came back from in game 4 last year was 24.  If pride was the issue and they needed to redeem themselves they could have at least made this game competitive.

The fact of the matter is no one has been able to dismantle this team like this for two years now.  Sure they can't win on our floor either, but we've never blown them out by 30, and they have HCA.  

I have confidence right now that this celtics team has to much pride and is too good not to redeem themselves especially after that display today...If not, so be it, hats off to the cavs for being a great team
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The entire Celtics team and coaching staff ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I thought the ressurection was supposed to be on Easter Sunday, not the crucifixion.

« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
So!

What'd I miss?

;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
sometimes you more out of an a-kicking than a close win...doc has a lot of teaching points....i didnt think boston would win today but they should not of been beaten down like that....just no effort from the C's

« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
No comment.   :-[

« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2009, 05:02:35 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
"what are the celtics doing?"

wow..

Did that really just come out of his mouth?

Yeah, but it was reference to eddie & bill trying to do an alley oop when they could have had an easy jumper or layup

Yeah what were they doing???? we coudl have scored an easy bucket with ten seconds left!!! what are the celtics thinking?!?!??!?!