Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 430408 times)

hpantazo, celticsclay and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2023, 08:07:55 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Webanyama doesn’t even leave the ground when he dunks. Not sure I will get used to that, lol. Game is on TNT for anyone interested.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2023, 01:21:49 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Webanyama doesn’t even leave the ground when he dunks. Not sure I will get used to that, lol. Game is on TNT for anyone interested.

I thought he looked good even though he bricked his first 5 3s it felt like. He's definitely got a sweet handle for a 7-6 guy, he made a lot of nice midrange shots where he was just too tall for his defender fading away. Makes Tacko look like a concrete slab  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2023, 01:22:46 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Harden says the relationship with Morey is beyond repair. Refuses to even say Morey's name.

In his first public comments since rejoining the Philadelphia 76ers last week, James Harden told reporters after Friday's practice that he continues to see no way his relationship with Daryl Morey can be repaired while also saying that his plan "is to play basketball. Yes, for sure."

"No," Harden said flatly, when asked directly whether he thought things could get patched up with Morey. "This is not even about this situation -- this is in life.

"When you lose trust in someone, it's like a marriage ... you lose trust in someone, you know what I mean? It's pretty simple."

Harden made a point of never saying Morey's name on Friday, only referring to him as "the front office."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38652453/76ers-james-harden-says-daryl-morey-relationship-unrepairable

When you make that much money, do things like playing for your teammates become meaningless?

Definitely an awkward situation  :angel:

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2023, 07:24:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Webanyama looking great but big question is can he stay healthy all year with his body
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2023, 08:44:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Saw the picture of Wemby and Reggie Miller back to back.  Miller looks like a child. It is hilarious
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2023, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
Derrick Favors plans on signing with a G-League team to showcase himself.

Should Brad try to grab him and see what he does in Maine?  Amazing that he's still only 32. 

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2023, 04:15:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414

Should Brad try to grab him and see what he does in Maine?  Amazing that he's still only 32.
32?? Thought he be bought 38
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2023, 04:42:03 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Zion isn’t looking too good for the Pels… He’s struggling to finish at the rim
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2023, 09:29:53 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Sixers, James Harden mutually decide on having him sit out 76ers open scrimmage

Keith Pompey: #Sixers coach Nick Nurse on if it was a mutual decision to not have James Harden partake as a player or coach in the Blue X White Scrimmage and be introduced with his teammates: pic.twitter.com/QQAtXU7lqp – via Twitter PompeyOnSixers

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2023, 03:31:08 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Keith Pompey: #Sixers coach Nick Nurse on if it was a mutual decision to not have James Harden partake as a player or coach in the Blue X White Scrimmage and be introduced with his teammates: pic.twitter.com/QQAtXU7lqp – via Twitter PompeyOnSixers

Let’s hope he continues to disrupt them, all the way through the season  :angel:

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2023, 08:12:06 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I wonder if Gordan Hayward will be a buyout candidate come January or February.

Is there more perfect guy to add to our rotation for the playoffs? Assuming he stays healthy of course

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2023, 08:52:51 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Wow.  Derrick Favors has earned $131M in his NBA career, and probably more with endorsements and other income.  But he is willing to play in the G-League to get back in the league.  He could probably buy a G-League team.

I wonder why he didn't even get offered a Camp deal.  If he is willing to play in the G-League, you would think he would have accepted a Camp deal and a chance to win a spot.  If I remember correctly, he got a 10-day contract with ATL last season but didn't play at all, wasn't extended, and no other team picked him up.  You have to think he is just bad.

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2023, 09:45:12 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Let’s hope he continues to disrupt them, all the way through the season  :angel:

But the plan to add draft-pick swaps in a package for Harden hasn’t moved the needle for the Sixers. They’ve said they’re interested in a package that includes Clippers guard Terance Mann and first-round picks. But the source said Morey knows Mann is untouchable. The Sixers are looking for an All-Star player or assets to acquire for Harden. That’s why draft-pick swaps may not be good enough. And word is that the Sixers don’t expect the picks from the Clippers, who need to stay relevant in a big market, to be that valuable, especially with them being a perennial playoff team. – via Keith Pompey @ The Philadelphia Inquirer

A LAC line up of Harden, Leonard, and George would be pretty good, if they all stay on the court.  Mann is a nice player, but he isn't taking the Clippers anywhere.  This makes no sense that he would be the hold up for a trade.  I get that PHI doesn't want to just give Harden away but he hasn't been all that good the last few seasons, at least not consistently, and with the drama around him, they are not going to get even a Jrue Holiday level deal (2 good players, two firsts).

LAC is going to fall off a cliff soon in any case, why not go all in with Harden and at least go down fighting?

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2023, 10:25:26 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Is there more perfect guy to add to our rotation for the playoffs? Assuming he stays healthy of course

He’s already hurt. Played one preseason game and is now sitting out with “right foot discomfort”.

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2023, 10:30:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

I would take Gordon for a vet min. I think he would be a guy worth staying over the 2nd apron for. But he probably doesn't fill our area of greatest need  :-\